ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Record-high ocean temperatures to make hurricane season more active

Status
Not open for further replies.
He HAD to do that because, you know, NATO and Joe Biden. He was forced to torture and murder hundreds of unarmed Ukrainians and dump their bodies in mass graves. It's not his fault!

These guys don’t realize that - we’re getting a remarkable ROI on our aid to Ukraine. We’ve basically reduced Russia to a geopolitical laughingstock and made it clear to China that we will defend Taiwan.

These guys don’t realize that - we’re getting a remarkable ROI on our aid to Ukraine. We’ve basically reduced Russia to a geopolitical laughingstock and made it clear to China that we will defend Taiwan.

I've never seen liberals defend a war effort. Did you guys get hijacked? I'm actually 100% on your team here lol.

Reactions: bac2therac
"Maybe we could just have some moderation so we can keep it on the original off-topic."

Good job Diddy lol.

I didn’t create the tangent of stupidity.

Im just mocking it. And their fascination with Hunter Bidens manparts.

Maybe we can remove the stupids from the thread so the adults can get back to sharing ideas and knowledge.

Reactions: brgRC90
I've never seen liberals defend a war effort. Did you guys get hijacked? I'm actually 100% on your team here lol.
It has been an interesting switcheroo. And not all Republicans have switched, but the ones that have and are now pro Russia are even more surprising.

I didn't take it that way.

Well…liberals have actually defended a war effort. We’re just reluctant. Most of us were opposed to the Iraq war, but were on board with Kosovo. Largely supported Operation Desert Storm, and like Obama, thought HW Bush was an underrated president (Dems wouldn’t outnumber Republicans if more Rs were like him). He probably could have had a second term if he divided the country the way his sons handlers and Trump did - but realized that wouldn’t be good for the country.

It has been an interesting switcheroo. And not all Republicans have switched, but the ones that have and are now pro Russia are even more surprising.
A real head-scratcher to see right-wingers who always acted like they had a monopoly on patriotism and love of freedom to be Putin fans.

Reactions: brgRC90
Seriously not getting it. This isn't like a Viet Nam sell job (IMO) . This is the real deal. Hitler 2.0 minus the extermination part (maybe).
And that's why the lib's are on board.

Though the Russian election interference & Trump "quid pro quo" played into it as well. Dem's had a horse in the race before it even started.

Seriously not getting it. This isn't like a Viet Nam sell job (IMO) . This is the real deal. Hitler 2.0 minus the extermination part (maybe).

Only the most ignorant think Vietnam was a good idea…especially given how much we now know. It was politics at its worst.

I actually think a healthy distrust of our politicians is, in fact, healthy. I don’t care for people who actually are narcissistic enough to run for office. I can’t understand it. I care about legislation.

Only the most ignorant think Vietnam was a good idea…especially given how much we now know. It was politics at its worst.

I actually think a healthy distrust of our politicians is, in fact, healthy. I don’t care for people who actually are narcissistic enough to run for office. I can’t understand it. I care about legislation.
Actually there are still a lot of poorly educated reactionaries that still think Vietnam was a good idea. I love when I sometimes bump into some of them from the old days and ask them what happened to their predictions of the dire consequences of Vietnam becoming one big communist state. Over 50,000 Americans soldiers died in that morass...for nothing.

Actually there are still a lot of poorly educated reactionaries that still think Vietnam was a good idea. I love when I sometimes bump into some of them from the old days and ask them what happened to their predictions of the dire consequences of Vietnam becoming one big communist state. Over 50,000 Americans soldiers died in that morass...for nothing.

Was actually at the memorial a few hours ago. Daunting and sad.

And 20-30k lost their lives so Nixon could be president.

Reactions: Kbee3

Russia and Russians want to be part of Europe (its a European country in reality) but keep getting pushed to CCP.

When USSR was falling, US promised Gorbachev he could relax because NATO would not encroach on its borders.
Yet that's exactly what the State Dept has wanted to do (with Eastern Euros pushing too)
The boys and girls from the think tanks, DOD etc couldn't let their anti-USSR careers collapse.
That unelected, sociopathic troll Victoria Nuland and McCain ran a color revolution (Maidan Uprising) in Ukraine in 2013- 2014.

They got a pro NATO (but anti-nuke) president elected in Ukraine (Petro Poroshenko).
Poroshenko lost to Zelesnky because of rampant corruption, bad economy etc.
Zelensky did not even speak Ukrainian (spoke Russian) and he was kind of a mystery to the people but was was taken as "anti-corruption."
People realized corruption was still high and he crashed in polls

Zelensky wanted to join EU and NATO and he threatened acquiring nukes if no NATO for Ukraine.
NATO already had troops in Ukraine training its military.
Putin was having none of that NATO/Nukes 12 minutes from Moscow and sent troops to take Zelensky away (and remember US had its people running things after 2014) .
The incursion was not meant as a full invasion.
Russia doesn't need another country to run - keeping NATO/Nukes out was the goal.

Russia sent in a lot of old vehicles and meekly trained troops as a distraction while Chechens (known as best urban fighters) were sent after Zelensky.
Well Russian forces met with the NATO trained/armed forces and got more than they expected.
The US stoked Zelensky up wilt billions and US senators called for Putin murder and Russia then beefed-up and sent the real military and equipment in and Ukraine has been getting whalloped ever since.
Ukraine and Russia were ready to agree to end of hostilities but US and Boris Johnson nixed that.
So Russia got a million men into Ukraine or near border and they use massive amounts of mortars, rockets, mines and precision weapons to smash anything that moves.
The original Ukrainian military is long gone and the best officers, leaders, fighters are gone.
Press gangs take pizza delivery boys and puts them in the killing fields.

I do not think people "like" Putin per se.
They are just tired of unelected US meddlers pulling other countries down and creating bigger problems for America's treasury and its people in uniform.
Its easy to understand Russia not wanting NATO and nukes on its border (as US promised).
Its easy to understand Russia wanting to be part of Europe.
Russian people are massively behind Putin regarding NATO and Europe
But US drove Russia closer to CCP, Iran, BRICS .
US did more damage to itself and if US started now building ammo it wasted it still wouldn't have replenished it in 5 years - US has no surge capacity for defense manufacturing

Reactions: Caliknight
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT