ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rock and Roll HOF 2024 Inductees

Just change the name to Music Hall of Fame already. They clearly like the attention that is brought on by the current name.

Reactions: tico brown
It’s ironic that in the article Cher cites her single “Believe” from 1998 as “changing music forever”. It is explained how that song introduced autotune technology into pop music. That fact alone should have kept her out of the R&RHOF forever.
Every time I've heard that tune it sounds exactly like a fingernail on a blackboard when she sings the word "believe".
Horrible.

Last edited:
Jimmy Buffett created a whole genre of rock music.
About friggin time.

I guess the question lies- what influenced Rock & Roll - Blues, Jazz, etc and what has R&R influenced? Pop, Rap?

Every year since the 90s, Mary J has put out a single on how bad she has been treated in her relationships… like clockwork.

After all of these years, maybe it’s her that’s been the problem.
I’m glad SOMEONE got the joke 🤷🏻‍♂️

I guess the question lies- what influenced Rock & Roll - Blues, Jazz, etc and what has R&R influenced? Pop, Rap?
Sorry, but it doesn't say " Those that influenced Rock and Roll" or "Those influenced by Rock and Roll". It says Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
They should change the friggin name already.

Sorry, but it doesn't say " Those that influenced Rock and Roll" or "Those influenced by Rock and Roll". It says Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
They should change the friggin name already.
as others may have mentioned- that thought in the 70/80/90's sounds good but may be difficult to find 1 or 2 a year to even consider right now.

Let me ask- and act like Beastie Boys- thoughts?

Just change the name to Music Hall of Fame already. They clearly like the attention that is brought on by the current name.

Over last few years I've noticed more musicians get pissed-off about not being in the RRHOF. Its become cooler than it used to be, and I think the vocal complainers contribute to the air of exclusivity. The RRHOF people must love all the bitterness articles

I don't think The Cure or Rage Against the Machine cared that much some years ago but they went in and those bands get more attention for that than Peter Lemongello lol. Its a thing now to be in it.

Pop music hall of fame maybe? I don’t want to have to sift through all those classical composers who probably won’t show up for the ceremony anyway. Probably couldn’t get the all-star jam together at the end too. It would be a mess.

Pop music hall of fame maybe? I don’t want to have to sift through all those classical composers who probably won’t show up for the ceremony anyway. Probably couldn’t get the all-star jam together at the end too. It would be a mess.

There are already a lot of other Hall of Fames.
They aren't as popular as the RRHOF and I'm sure Rock Hall sees a lesson in all that

If you haven't already done so, watch The Who's live performance of 'A Quick One' on the Rolling Stones 1968 Rock And Roll Circus. It's a true HoF-caliber R&R band at their absolute best, and is the kind of stunning performance by which all nominees (to a true Rock & Roll HoF) should be judged. Having said that, how long before the first K-pop band is nominated?

Reactions: RU848789 and Kbee3
Maybe rename it the music or something else generic hall of fame. I mean Cher? MJB? Eventually the furthest from R&R swift of Beyoncé will be inducted (if not already) so make it make sense.

If you haven't already done so, watch The Who's live performance of 'A Quick One' on the Rolling Stones 1968 Rock And Roll Circus. It's a true HoF-caliber R&R band at their absolute best, and is the kind of stunning performance by which all nominees (to a true Rock & Roll HoF) should be judged. Having said that, how long before the first K-pop band is nominated?
Yep and the Stones performance of Sympathy for the Devil is incendiary.

outside of the debate of what the RnR HoF should or shouldn’t be …

A tribe called quest more than deserves it. Kind of shocked some of you do not even know of them. Even my two teenagers are huge fans.
The Low End Theory is an outstanding album. But B-Real- Cypress Hill is much more deserving and "rock and roll" than A Tribe Called Quest. I don't have a Phife Dawg in this fight either. Hell, B-Real deserves to be in as a a solo artist for his work in Cyrpress Hill and Prophets of Rage.

meanwhile Styx is still not in LOL so stupid
The Scorpions say hello:
First release 1972.
100 million records sold worldwide.
If you hate metal (and they are not really metal- they are quite melodic), can they get extra credit for the symbolic anthem Winds of Change about the falling of the Berlin Wall--14 million sold.

FFS, Cher, Mary J. Blige and A Tribe Called Quest are in and The Scorpions are not? What a freaking joke.

The Scorpions say hello:
First release 1972.
If you hate metal (and they are not really metal- they are quite melodic), can they get extra credit for the symbolic anthem Winds of Change about the falling of the Berlin Wall--14 million sold.

FFS, Cher, Mary J. Blige and A Tribe Called Quest are in and The Scorpions are not? What a freaking joke.
The RRHOF has always been biased against hard rock, prog rock, and metal. They were practically shamed into inducting Rush.

Reactions: Knight Shift
If they're gonna do that then they should start with the greats of reggae music....besides Bob Marley...who is already in.
A short list should include Gregory Isaacs, Dennis Brown, Black Uhuru, Steel Pulse, Peter Tosh, The Itals, Third World, and Toots and the Maytals.
Not to forget future nominees...Tarrus Riley and Etana.
You forgot Buju Banton

You forgot Buju Banton
I did say it was a short list. it only included my favorite reggae artists that I enjoy and remembered at that particular time.
Not really a fan of Banton...although I know he is very popular.

Beasties were inducted in 2012 and rightly so, IMO.
Beasties do deserve it but many would argue R&R. But love those guys.
The Scorpions say hello:
First release 1972.

Styx for sure, I loved Scorpions- my 77 TransAm blasted them early 80’s. But not completely sure if they should be HOF.

I'm a chocoholic and my wife prefers vanilla ice cream.
But neither of us enjoy that talking over a drum beat.

Dark Chocolate is a major food group for me!

As @Knight Shift pointed out, it's an absolute travesty that Shawn Brown hasn't been included after producing this majestic recording:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT