ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sean Miller and AZ are screwed

Only shocking part of that is he was caught on a recording. Other than that, Quinerly was paid $15,000 to go there, are we really surprised someone who is considered a potential #1 overall pick was paid to go there? I know I’m not.

Too huge for the feeble NCAA to sort out. They should offer a Truth and Reconciliation Commission. Fix a penalty and let schools come forward, take the penalty and lay out everything they've done.

Miller's agent is a BAWSE. Even if Arizona fires Miller for cause they owe him 85 percent of his remaining salary through 2022.

That comes out to $10 million.

Miller might even survive this.

Miller's agent is a BAWSE. Even if Arizona fires Miller for cause they owe him 85 percent of his remaining salary through 2022.

His agent negotiated one hell of a contract if there is no ability to fire him without having to pay his remaining contract if it can be proven that he failed to comply with NCAA rules and regulations. Besides what I want out of this more than anything is the most difficult part and that is a much needed clean up of recruiting process.

Reactions: RUDave_01

If Miller survives this I’m done with college basketball.

GO RU

Reactions: biazza38
If Miller survives this I’m done with college basketball.

GO RU
He probably won't survive it. I don't think the current athletic director at Arizona hired him. Plus the whole situation looks really bad.

It might come down to what he is actually heard saying on the wiretap. There could be a scenario where he is going along with Ayton getting six figures to come to Arizona. There could also be a recorded conversation where he has a change of heart and says he doesn't want anything to do with this. Obviously the kids still came to Arizona so...

He probably won't survive it. I don't think the current athletic director at Arizona hired him. Plus the whole situation looks really bad.

It might come down to what he is actually heard saying on the wiretap. There could be a scenario where he is going along with Ayton getting six figures to come to Arizona. There could also be a recorded conversation where he has a change of heart and says he doesn't want anything to do with this. Obviously the kids still came to Arizona so...

Might also be time for Book to reconsider his not guilty plea and cooperate since nothing on those tapes is likely to help his cause either.

Reactions: soundcrib

Unbelievable if Arizona signed a deal with Miller that pays him even if he's fired for cause. Contract provisions like that are invitations to skirt the ethical line if not in fact cheat if you have nothing to lose if you're caught doing what Miller is alleged to have done.

Reactions: Loyal_2RU
Miller must be pretty stupid if he did agree to pay $1000,000 for a player after what happened to Richardson & Arizona.

Reactions: shields

No way Miller survives this and I highly doubt that he’ll get $10 million. He only gets $500,000 if he quits.

Since Arizona is a state school, I imagine they’ll suspend him while the state AG also looks to see if they’re state felony charges that they can pursue against which would behoove Miller to quit and negotiate a settlement far less than the $10 million.

Especially if they can tie that $100,000 to state funds somehow.

Haha do you actually believe this? He will not coach for about a year, take a job at a mid major, have immediate success and be hired by a team like Auburn for a nice contract and once again have success.
If they have him on a wiretap saying what we all think he said, I don't' think a mid major would touch him. He's more likely to get a job as either an NBA assistant or a G-League head coach...IF he doesn't go to federal prison.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT