ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Seaside Heights in for a big change

Aug 19, 2007
Place has been getting better and nicer year by year..The weekend crowds are still a little rough (too crowded) on most beaches but Mon-Friday the Beach and Boardwalk are just beautiful and Fun. The free Beach concerts and events are great. The roof top of this place will be majestic..Panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean to the East and Barnegat Bay to the West

Borough of Seaside Heights loves Rutgers... Our State University .. there are video billboards up on Boardwalk promoting RU Athletics

Wednesday August 17th is Rutgers Wrestling Day in Seaside Heights

Last edited:
+1
Seaside is a dump. Almost as bad as Asbury Park.
I don't get new jerseyans. You guys are kings of bitching but not any action to develop and cultivate what you've got. Things are moving in the right direction based on what I've seen recently in both Asbury and seaside. Add in Rutgers campus to that conversation... All qualified as dumps 25 years ago.

I don't get new jerseyans. You guys are kings of bitching but not any action to develop and cultivate what you've got. Things are moving in the right direction based on what I've seen recently in both Asbury and seaside. Add in Rutgers campus to that conversation... All qualified as dumps 25 years ago.
It's the same posters. It's what they do in these threads. If it ain't their haven in the burbs, it's trash. Best to scroll on by.

LOL Asbury is no dump. I swear you people are scared of your own shadow. Tell the millionaires moving into Asbury properties left and right. It's become a national destination which actually sucks because it's hard to get in there sometimes. Some of the best restaurants in Jersey, good shopping, fun bars all over, nice stretch of beach, etc.

It's good to see Seaside Heights becoming a destination again as well. The more places like this in Jersey the better.

AP is certainly no dump and heading in the right direction, especially where it was 20 years ago. Seaside has major potential. I hope one day they clean up AC before I die, because that has a loooong way to go.
I think AC will be "cleaned-up" the year after the Jets win the Super Bowl. :)

LOL Asbury is no dump. I swear you people are scared of your own shadow. Tell the millionaires moving into Asbury properties left and right. It's become a national destination which actually sucks because it's hard to get in there sometimes. Some of the best restaurants in Jersey, good shopping, fun bars all over, nice stretch of beach, etc.

It's good to see Seaside Heights becoming a destination again as well. The more places like this in Jersey the better.
High violence crime, rampant drug use, awful schools. Yeah, AP is great. LOL.

Asbury has poured so much money into the area after the tracks. High end condos and restaurants. A good friend of mine has an art gallery and is on the board for redevelopment projects. It really is a town of the "have's and have nots" though. My wife used to work as a court administrator and there were plenty of crime cases in her court from Asbury Park. Shootings, rape, drug use, yea, Asbury has a ways to go.

Asbury has poured so much money into the area after the tracks. High end condos and restaurants. A good friend of mine has an art gallery and is on the board for redevelopment projects. It really is a town of the "have's and have nots" though. My wife used to work as a court administrator and there were plenty of crime cases in her court from Asbury Park. Shootings, rape, drug use, yea, Asbury has a ways to go.
^^^^^ Truth.

Reactions: RUfinally2008

yes that is all true. But the negative stuff is almost entirely insulated from the “tourist” and destination spots. If you’re buying or renting a house, yes definitely should be aware of the neighborhood dynamics. But if you’re talking about Asbury as a beach destination then those things mentioned have almost zero impact , other than your drive in.

This is the guy said it's dangerous outside Stuff Yer Face and Hoboken is "covered in broken glass."

It's clear who doesn't leave their cul de sac and who does. Don't worry about the former.

Asbury is great. It's among many NJ cities that have made tremendous turnarounds, New Brunswick included.

But as we know NJ is loaded with self haters who some reason don't just pack up and leave and instead stay here and whine.

This is the guy said it's dangerous outside Stuff Yer Face and Hoboken is "covered in broken glass."

It's clear who doesn't leave their cul de sac and who does. Don't worry about the former.

Asbury is great. It's among many NJ cities that have made tremendous turnarounds, New Brunswick included.

But as we know NJ is loaded with self haters who some reason don't just pack up and leave and instead stay here and whine.

Ignorance breeds fear and hatred.

It's the same posters. It's what they do in these threads. If it ain't their haven in the burbs, it's trash. Best to scroll on by.

I think it's best to make fun of Troll2K for his completely embarrassing, unsupportable stances, especially if you've lived in his sacred suburban haven and found it to be the most boring, mediocre place in Central Jersey. Guy's afraid of his own shado, and that says way more about him than whatever set of coordinates he's trying to insult.

I think it's best to make fun of Troll2K for his completely embarrassing, unsupportable stances, especially if you've lived in his sacred suburban haven and found it to be the most boring, mediocre place in Central Jersey. Guy's afraid of his own shado, and that says way more about him than whatever set of coordinates he's trying to insult.
You can still scroll by and make fun of him later in the thread. It's encouraged.

The issue here is gentrification. The jersey shore has long been a middle class destination but one which was increasingly unaffordable because local hotels worked hard to make sure the number of hotel rooms stayed low by fighting new development. This kind of project will make it worse and probably accelerate the process of it going from a summer vacation destination to one where wealthy people own a second home, increasingly shutting visitors out. It may take years but it will forever alter the place.

Place has been getting better and nicer year by year..The weekend crowds are still a little rough (too crowded) on most beaches but Mon-Friday the Beach and Boardwalk are just beautiful and Fun. The free Beach concerts and events are great. The roof top of this place will be majestic..Panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean to the East and Barnegat Bay to the West

Borough of Seaside Heights loves Rutgers... Our State University .. there are video billboards up on Boardwalk promoting RU Athletics

Wednesday August 17th is Rutgers Wrestling Day in Seaside Heights
100 % true across the board. The area has come so far and is an absolute great place to be in the summer. And the block R is everywhere. Haters stay home

its a hard game to play when 100% of your posts have to be aligned with an overt political agenda. It goes both ways of course, but . . . . .
While one person's experience is not definitive, have been going to Asbury Park since 1984--hundreds of times. Even when the beach area was downtrodden and referred to by one artist as Beirut by the Sea. Not once did I ever encounter any problems or feel unsafe. Are there areas that are rough? Yes, but there is no need to go there. But I have been through the west side numerous times, and never had a single problem.

Always good pizza! Always loved those giant boardwalk slices. There was a great place in Belmar (Angelo's) that I loved, but it burned down and the owner was older so he probably chose not to re-build and retired.
Haha, I recall going to places in Seaside for the giant slice back in the day and them offering a free soda with purchase. It was like a 4oz cup!

Hope all of the Jersey Shore is the place to be in the good old summertime.
But I know even if good news is posted about Shore areas
giphy.gif

Hope all of the Jersey Shore is the place to be in the good old summertime.
But I know even if good news is posted about Shore areas
I’ve said this before but living here I love all that comes with it.

Love the excitement, the pace, the energy.

And I also love September when the water is warmest and the crowds have thinned.

I grew up in TR and let me say, seaside was far better 25yrs ago. Most other places have priced out middleclass and lower income families (as BRG said) on top of that, the island has more section 8 per square mile than any other municipality in NJ. Just last week a family was carjacked at gunpoint at 8pm just off the main strip

As a kid, we'd ride our bikes over the bridge after washing cars all morning so we could play games on the boardwalk etc.. Those were fun times for sure but make no mistake, Seaside of today is not cleaner or safer than 25yrs ago

Reactions: T2Kplus20
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT