ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Coming to a beach near you in NJ and NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a true statement that Germany is taking down 8 Wind turbines built in 2001 that lie at the edge of an existing open-pit coal mine so that they can expand that coal mine.

However that statement ignores the rest of the story:

"Germany installed 128 new wind turbines with a total capacity of 0.6 gigawatts (GW) between January and April 2023, an increase in the growth rate of 46 percent compared to the same period in the year before, according to figures by the Fachagentur Windenergie. Licenses for new installations increased even faster, as the greenlighting of 324 new turbines with a total capacity of 1.7 GW meant an increase of 61 percent compared to 2022. About 28,500 turbines were in operation across Germany as of March 2023, with a combined capacity of 58.5 GW. Nearly 8,000 of these installations have been in operation for more than 20 years, meaning they no longer receive a guaranteed remuneration through Germany’s Renewable Energy Act (EEG)."​

Man, if we could use the whiffs from some of the board's awful, awful dishonest posts to power those windmills, this board would be able to meet the country's domestic power needs on its own.

Yeah, but that has nothing to do with wind power(which is growing rapidly), rather the short sighted decision to shut down nuke plants prematurely while dealing with the impact of reduced natural gas from Russia

Nice try but this was happening before the war started.

It's also all part of the German Green initiative, which is clearly failing spectacularly.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Texas power grids heavy reliance on intermittent renewable energy causing problems again:

Who would’ve thought that a warming planet would lead to TX setting records for high electrical demand? I’m shocked, shocked I say, that there are any practical downsides to having spewed carbon into the atmosphere for so long.

Surely the solution to record heat in TX is for TX to increase its reliance on spewing more planet warming carbon into the air.

Who would’ve thought that a warming planet would lead to TX setting records for high electrical demand? I’m shocked, shocked I say, that there are any practical downsides to having spewed carbon into the atmosphere for so long.

Surely the solution to record heat in TX is for TX to increase its reliance on spewing more planet warming carbon into the air.

There is no correlation between carbon in the atmosphere and temperature.

It's also all part of the German Green initiative, which is clearly failing spectacularly.

Screaming Germany GIF by FOREAL

Reactions: RUfinally2008
You're saying CO2 has no effect on temperatures?

Yes.

Desertification/urbanization alter water cycles and affect temps and weather patterns but carbon in the atmosphere isn't relevant. Small water cycles changes (if they area affected is large enough) can also affect larger water cycle patterns. This can lead to increased drought/severe weather.

Yes.

Desertification/urbanization alter water cycles and affect temps and weather patterns but carbon in the atmosphere isn't relevant. Small water cycles changes (if they area affected is large enough) can also affect larger water cycle patterns. This can lead to increased drought/severe weather.
Not talking about weather or drought or anything else but temperature.

Why should we listen to you, on this subject, when an overwhelming preponderance of scientists from all over the world says otherwise?

You don't think desertification affects temperature? LOL

Don't listen to me. Just stay ignorant troll,
I didn't say that. And you didn't answer my question. I respectfully gave you a chance to defend your statement. You failed to answer the question.

When a person can't discuss something without resorting to making up stuff the other person didn't say, or lobbing childishly weak insults, all while avoiding the question, it means they don't have an answer.

So I have a choice. I could listen to something like ~95% plus of scientists. Or listen to some random angry ideological dude from the internet who lacks even the capacity to defend his statements.

Tough choice. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Luvscarletknights

I didn’t tie it to the war. I know the process started previously, but they had a chance to push back the shut downs in light of the changing global energy market and chose not to. So the short term need to increase coal is a definite case of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I didn’t tie it to the war. I know the process started previously, but they had a chance to push back the shut downs in light of the changing global energy market and chose not to. So the short term need to increase coal is a definite case of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

This was all part of their plan, it just wasn't a good plan. They wanted higher energy prices to make alternatives more affordable in comparison but it didn't work. It was a bad idea, bad plan and poor execution. It never had a chance and plenty of people were saying it long before it happened. Wind energy may work in certain locations but doesn't work at scale. Only ideology (ie subsidies) allowed it to push forward and scale up, which of course caused the costs to skyrocket.

Even globalist publications like the FT are admitting its not working.

If anyone still believes that Climate Change isn't a scam, how do you explain this?

WASHINGTON — President Biden on Friday appointed John Podesta, a veteran Washington insider who spearheaded the Obama administration’s climate strategy, to oversee the federal investment of $370 billion in clean energy under a landmark new climate law.

As a senior adviser to Mr. Biden on clean energy innovation, Mr. Podesta will shape how the government disburses billions of dollars in tax credits and incentives to industries that are developing wind and solar energy, as well as to consumers who want to install solar panels, heat and cool their homes with electric heat pumps or buy electric vehicles.

In addition to his time in the Obama administration, Mr. Podesta, 73, served as chief of staff to President Bill Clinton and was chairman of Hillary Clinton’s unsuccessful campaign for president in 2016. He founded the Center for American Progress, a left leaning think tank, and is now chairman of its board. From that perch, Mr. Podesta has informally been advising the Biden administration, pushing the White House to act more aggressively on climate change.

Reactions: newell138
If anyone still believes that Climate Change isn't a scam, how do you explain this?

WASHINGTON — President Biden on Friday appointed John Podesta, a veteran Washington insider who spearheaded the Obama administration’s climate strategy, to oversee the federal investment of $370 billion in clean energy under a landmark new climate law.

As a senior adviser to Mr. Biden on clean energy innovation, Mr. Podesta will shape how the government disburses billions of dollars in tax credits and incentives to industries that are developing wind and solar energy, as well as to consumers who want to install solar panels, heat and cool their homes with electric heat pumps or buy electric vehicles.

In addition to his time in the Obama administration, Mr. Podesta, 73, served as chief of staff to President Bill Clinton and was chairman of Hillary Clinton’s unsuccessful campaign for president in 2016. He founded the Center for American Progress, a left leaning think tank, and is now chairman of its board. From that perch, Mr. Podesta has informally been advising the Biden administration, pushing the White House to act more aggressively on climate change.

Video Game Games GIF by The Roku Channel

It's called "incentivizing innovation".

The federal government does that with literally everything - defense, transportation and tech.

Remember (you probably don't) how in the old days, when the USAF needed a new fighter plane they would submit requirements to the various manufacturers and those manufacturers would each build a new plane to meet the specs, on their own dime, hoping that their offering would get picked?

Yeah, that hasn't happened for like 50 years. The DoD pays for development of new weapons systems, now.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
It's called "incentivizing innovation".

The federal government does that with literally everything - defense, transportation and tech.

Remember (you probably don't) how in the old days, when the USAF needed a new fighter plane they would submit requirements to the various manufacturers and those manufacturers would each build a new plane to meet the specs, on their own dime, hoping that their offering would get picked?

Yeah, that hasn't happened for like 50 years. The DoD pays for development of new weapons systems, now.

So your OK with John Podesta handing out $370 billion to his lobbyist friends? Got it.

So your OK with John Podesta handing out $370 billion to his lobbyist friends? Got it.

Every single dollar that the federal government doles out to anyone can be attributed to someone's "lobbyist friend".

It's not a concept that respects political boundaries.

Trying to make this a partisan issue is, frankly, intellectually dishonest.

Yeah, the whole

Clothing?

The "China makes crap" argument is overplayed and outdated. Not everything from China is automatically junk, especially if it's made to the spec of a respected company.

Most bicycles around the globe come from Taiwan/China, for instance.

Don't know or care how that relates to windmill parts.
[/QUOTE]
Comparing manufacturing quality of Taiwan to China is like comparing that of the old Yugoslavia to Germany.

Yeah, the whole

Clothing?

The "China makes crap" argument is overplayed and outdated. Not everything from China is automatically junk, especially if it's made to the spec of a respected company.

Most bicycles around the globe come from Taiwan/China, for instance.

Don't know or care how that relates to windmill parts.
Comparing manufacturing quality of Taiwan to China is like comparing that of the old Yugoslavia to Germany.
[/QUOTE]

Didn't equate anything, stated a fact.

And such a comparison would be more valid than equating 1993 Chinese manufacturing with 2023 Chinese manufacturing across many industries and products. Lazy.

There are just as many scientists who say the opposite so who’s right?
Huh? Are you claiming 50% of scientists, with relevant training and experience, are saying C02 doesn’t contribute to global warming?

You have any evidence to support that claim? Although it’s a hard thing to quantify accurately, most polls and studies appear to cite more like 90% plus of scientists, with relevant expertise, agree that C02 is a major factor in global warming.

It’s an easy web search, do it yourself and start reading.

Huh? Are you claiming 50% of scientists, with relevant training and experience, are saying C02 doesn’t contribute to global warming?

You have any evidence to support that claim? Although it’s a hard thing to quantify accurately, most polls and studies appear to cite more like 90% plus of scientists, with relevant expertise, agree that C02 is a major factor in global warming.

It’s an easy web search, do it yourself and start reading.
Where’s your evidence?

Every single dollar that the federal government doles out to anyone can be attributed to someone's "lobbyist friend".

It's not a concept that respects political boundaries.

Trying to make this a partisan issue is, frankly, intellectually dishonest.

A democrat admin putting their largest political activist/lobbyist/grifter in charge of this project is the definition of partisan. I guess energy expert Hunter Biden wasn't available. Not surprise you and your comrades like it.

This is a scam to rob the poor and give to the rich.

A democrat admin putting their largest political activist/lobbyist/grifter in charge of this project is the definition of partisan. I guess energy expert Hunter Biden wasn't available. Not surprise you and your comrades like it.

Oh... I see.

So Trump's trillion dollar tax break to the uber-rich, that wasn't anything?

Ivanka's expedited business dealings with the Chinese... nothing, right? Same same Jared getting 2 billion from the Saudis?

The GOP's long-standing fellatio of oil and coal interests - tax breaks, subsidies - nothing to see here?

You don't have any legs left to stand on, here.

What was going to be a great propaganda video for Brain Dead Biden's EV Save the Earth Program, turned into a publicity disaster, lol. Hey maybe just put these windmills at every charging station, some of you would say, YES, it's about saving the Earth. 🤡 We are 10 years from this working but lets just jam it down everyone's throats and we're the ignorant ones, yea, Okay!!! Defend this bullspit.https://www.foxnews.com/media/jenni...d-blocking-electric-charging-station-car-guru

Last edited:
Oh... I see.

Ivanka's expedited business dealings with the Chinese... nothing, right? Same same Jared getting 2 billion from the Saudis?

The GOP's long-standing fellatio of oil and coal interests - tax breaks, subsidies - nothing to see here?

I applaud your effort to get him to acknowledge the obvious. But...

He either knows Dems and Reps do the exact same shit, or he's too caught up with nonsensical partisan tunnel vision, too weak-minded, to realize it. Either way, I doubt he's going to acknowledge the reality of the situation.

I'm pretty sure his sole interest here is chasing his Dem counterparts around the partisan mousewheel to nowhere. What's sad is folks do that for their entire lives, accomplishing nothing at all with it, but unable to stop.

A life wasted, IMO. But each to their own.

Oh... I see.

Show the post where i supported any of those things. You won't find it.

I know it's hard for your brainwashed partisan mind to see clearly, but I am not a Republican.

LMAO

You supported a guy who ran a fake university, who robbed vendors in NJ and nationally, who took millions from China....which is hilarious enough

But then you simped all over this board for his tax scam that gave tax cuts to billionaires on private jets, and write what you did.

Do you lack any self awareness?

LMAO

You supported a guy who ran a fake university, who robbed vendors in NJ and nationally, who took millions from China....which is hilarious enough

But then you simped all over this board for his tax scam that gave tax cuts to billionaires on private jets, and write what you did.

Do you lack any self awareness?
They are just mad, angry and want some to argue with, maybe it helps them to not fight with their significant other. There aren’t enough posters on the CE board to fight with. Life too short to keep posting when this board has no affect on the outside world Or outside this board.

They are just mad, angry and want some to argue with, maybe it helps them to not fight with their significant other. There aren’t enough posters on the CE board to fight with. Life too short to keep posting when this board has no affect on the outside world Or outside this board.

True. But yet the usual suspects there are still at 100 posts a day and still coordinating to get everyone banned.

Not sure who "they" refers to. But I was going to post something similar about how the CE board keeps overflowing out onto the football and RU issues boards lately.

I did a brief scan of the CE board and nearly all the reasonable and/or intelligent contributors left. It's 99% pure nutjob echo chamber material now. Pretty hilarious. Sad, but hilarious.

It's a virus and they're all already infected. With nobody healthy left to infect on the CE board, they're out here seeking new healthy "cells" to try to spread their political obsession virus.

No wonder they're so opposed to vaccines. 😂

Didn't equate anything, stated a fact.

And such a comparison would be more valid than equating 1993 Chinese manufacturing with 2023 Chinese manufacturing across many industries and products. Lazy.
[/QUOTE]
Why include Taiwan in your premise if not to equate the 2? And I am very familiar with Chinese manufacturing. They now have the capability and know-how to manufacture almost everything built here. However, they often, through ignorance, greed, or both, make things with annoying or catastrophic flaws. Anyone suggesting we rely on the Chinese for significant infrastructure installations is out of their mind.

Reactions: newell138
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT