ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Coming to a beach near you in NJ and NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure who "they" refers to. But I was going to post something similar about how the CE board keeps overflowing out onto the football and RU issues boards lately.

I did a brief scan of the CE board and nearly all the reasonable and/or intelligent contributors left. It's 99% pure nutjob echo chamber material now. Pretty hilarious. Sad, but hilarious.

It's a virus and they're all already infected. With nobody healthy left to infect on the CE board, they're out here seeking new healthy "cells" to try to spread their political obsession virus.

No wonder they're so opposed to vaccines. 😂
Like I said before, if the Polio vaccines worked like the covid"vaccines", there'd be millions walking around in leg braces. OPEN those eyes man. Took the first 2, NEVER AGAIN. Now it's called the NEW and IMPROVED. Cut me a f*cking break already.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Like I said before, if the Polio vaccines worked like the covid"vaccines", there'd be millions walking around in leg braces. OPEN those eyes man. Took the first 2, NEVER AGAIN. Now it's called the NEW and IMPROVED. Cut me a f*cking break already.
Because my post was about vaccines?

At this point, I have zero interest in trying to convince anybody to get any vaccine for any reason. I mostly no longer have any interest in trying to clarify people's inaccurate information or logic about anything.

I'm gonna stick to making fun of people who can't stop bringing all that political crap up. Like the CE board wingnuts. They cannot go a day without exhibiting signs of their viral political infection. You gotta admit, that's both sad and hilarious.

A full lifetime of doing this. Brilliant! 😂

mouse wheel GIF

Keep going guys. You're really getting somewhere now!

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Didn't equate anything, stated a fact.

And such a comparison would be more valid than equating 1993 Chinese manufacturing with 2023 Chinese manufacturing across many industries and products. Lazy.
Why include Taiwan in your premise if not to equate the 2? And I am very familiar with Chinese manufacturing. They now have the capability and know-how to manufacture almost everything built here. However, they often, through ignorance, greed, or both, make things with annoying or catastrophic flaws. Anyone suggesting we rely on the Chinese for significant infrastructure installations is out of their mind.
[/QUOTE]

For accuracy and transparency. The two are sometimes conflated, sometimes with all of Asia, in estimates and specific numbers have been in flux the past few years between tariffs and pandemic boom/supply chain problems. Best source I found on it the other day had China building 95 percent of US-sold bikes in 2018 but in a greater article about how companies were actively shifting to Taiwan because of tariffs: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-supplychains-insight-idCAKBN1ZD1FV

It was a tangent, and I used bicycles as a pricy transportation counterpoint to cars, very few of which are built in China and sold here. So I shorthanded it, but here's a more recent estimate for Chinese-built US bicycles at 88 percent: https://www.bicycleretailer.com/ind...-chain-why-not-build-more-factories-heres-why

Because my post was about vaccines?

At this point, I have zero interest in trying to convince anybody to get any vaccine for any reason. I mostly no longer have any interest in trying to clarify people's inaccurate information or logic about anything.

I'm gonna stick to making fun of people who can't stop bringing all that political crap up. Like the CE board wingnuts. They cannot go a day without exhibiting signs of their viral political infection. You gotta admit, that's both sad and hilarious.

A full lifetime of doing this. Brilliant! 😂

mouse wheel GIF

Keep going guys. You're really getting somewhere now!

I wonder if the team that created the polio vax at RU anticipated that a bunch of SHU fans would one day flood a RU football message board with anti vax propaganda...

I wonder if the team that created the polio vax at RU anticipated that a bunch of SHU fans would one day flood a RU football message board with anti vax propaganda...
Didn't know the polio vaccine was created at RU. That's pretty cool.

It's amazing how simple it has become to make huge numbers of Americans do (or not do) stuff these days. Just use social media to make it into a partisan issue.

Roughly 80% of Americans will adopt an idea as their own if it comes from what they believe are the "trustworthy" sources and has been adopted by others who are similarly politically aligned. Doesn't matter how dumb or self-destructive that thing might be.

Because, apparently, alignment with one's "side" is more important than anything else.

why are you typing , go get that new booster!!! should work fine!!! MORE BOOSTERS PLEASE

• Haha
Reactions: RUfinally2008
No, not even a little bit. The COVID vaccine safety data are exemplary, just like they are for childhood vaccines. There are a total of zero scientific papers published linking the vaccines to more than a handful of deaths out of billions of doses given, but on the other hand, the vaccines have saved 2+ million lives in the US and tens of millions worldwide. However, there has been plenty of fabrication going on with regard to the effectiveness of both HCQ and ivermectin. However, we're not supposed to be talking about COVID on this board, so I'll stop there.

Interesting read

Interesting read

Marty Makary? You mean the guy complaining we got the mRNA vaccines to market too slowly? Wonder what changed his mind? Certainly wasn't the vaccine safety data, the analysis of which in his NY Post editorial, he mangles badly, especially his assertion that 1 in 50 adverse events means 2%, when, given such a small sample size, it means 0-5%, roughly - and large scale data since the original trial has shown that AEs that require medical help are far far less than 1%.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/05/john...da-operation-turtle-speed-covid-vaccine-slow/

Interesting read

I love this part, people like #'s would totally go along with, I mean after all,if the government is telling you this, it has to be true. Trust everything the CDC,FDA tells you, what a bunch of sheep. If public-health officials get their way, a healthy 5-year-old boy will get 72 COVID-vaccine shots over the course of his lifetime, if he has an average lifespan, with a risk of myocarditis after each one.

I love this part, people like #'s would totally go along with, I mean after all,if the government is telling you this, it has to be true. Trust everything the CDC,FDA tells you, what a bunch of sheep. If public-health officials get their way, a healthy 5-year-old boy will get 72 COVID-vaccine shots over the course of his lifetime, if he has an average lifespan, with a risk of myocarditis after each one.

Compare the drunken gibberish you just typed with oven mitts on to what Numbers wrote, and tell us again how you're the smart one.

Marty Makary? You mean the guy complaining we got the mRNA vaccines to market too slowly? Wonder what changed his mind? Certainly wasn't the vaccine safety data, the analysis of which in his NY Post editorial, he mangles badly, especially his assertion that 1 in 50 adverse events means 2%, when, given such a small sample size, it means 0-5%, roughly - and large scale data since the original trial has shown that AEs that require medical help are far far less than 1%.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/05/john...da-operation-turtle-speed-covid-vaccine-slow/
You are better than this. Your argument about Dr Makary is an apples and oranges fail. Comparing a position taken at the beginning of the pandemic when the world was filled with fear, panic and uncertainty with a position taken almost 4 years later in the endemic stage when the world has had the benefit of a lot of data and reflection is ludicrous.

I understand why you are a true believer in pharma and the vaccine and you are firm in your convictions. I admire that, as I admire people who are firm in their convictions even when I vehemently disagree with them. What I do not admire is cheap takedowns of credentialed scientists and doctors who have the courage and facts and science on their side to raise fair questions about the process of updated vaccine approval at this stage of the endemic. The article raises many fair questions and points such as why has Europe gone in a different dirction. But the world has unfortunately evolved to WWE takedown tactics and insults even in the area of science instead of reasoned debate. It's a sad reflection on society.

I realize that you are re responding to a couple of partisan troglodyte troublemakers, who are mostly incapable of a reasoned debate whio I have on ignore, and please don't take this post as my being on their side.

I also don't know why Dr Makary and Dr Hoeg published their opinion in the NY Post, a paper I rarely read or source to. However, I doubt the bastion of party propaganda, the NYT, would have the courage to publish anything that is mildly critical of their party overlord.

I am not going to bother posting any further on this topic, as reasoned debate is absolutely futile with the two you are dealing with
Compare the drunken gibberish you just typed with oven mitts on to what Numbers wrote, and tell us again how you're the smart one.
I hesitate to jump in here, particularly because it will come across as defending or siding with two partisan hacks who I have on ignore. However, the bolded quote is directly from an article written by a medical professor and MD at Johns Hopkins University as well as a PhD epidemiologist at UCSF. These are not bastions of MAGA propaganda and both are highly credentialed and credible professionals. Not exactly drunken gibberish.

You are better than this. Your argument about Dr Makary is an apples and oranges fail. Comparing a position taken at the beginning of the pandemic when the world was filled with fear, panic and uncertainty with a position taken almost 4 years later in the endemic stage when the world has had the benefit of a lot of data and reflection is ludicrous.

I understand why you are a true believer in pharma and the vaccine and you are firm in your convictions. I admire that, as I admire people who are firm in their convictions even when I vehemently disagree with them. What I do not admire is cheap takedowns of credentialed scientists and doctors who have the courage and facts and science on their side to raise fair questions about the process of updated vaccine approval at this stage of the endemic. The article raises many fair questions and points such as why has Europe gone in a different dirction. But the world has unfortunately evolved to WWE takedown tactics and insults even in the area of science instead of reasoned debate. It's a sad reflection on society.

I realize that you are re responding to a couple of partisan troglodyte troublemakers, who are mostly incapable of a reasoned debate whio I have on ignore, and please don't take this post as my being on their side.

I also don't know why Dr Makary and Dr Hoeg published their opinion in the NY Post, a paper I rarely read or source to. However, I doubt the bastion of party propaganda, the NYT, would have the courage to publish anything that is mildly critical of their party overlord.

I am not going to bother posting any further on this topic, as reasoned debate is absolutely futile with the two you are dealing with

I hesitate to jump in here, particularly because it will come across as defending or siding with two partisan hacks who I have on ignore. However, the bolded quote is directly from an article written by a medical professor and MD at Johns Hopkins University as well as a PhD epidemiologist at UCSF. These are not bastions of MAGA propaganda and both are highly credentialed and credible professionals. Not exactly drunken gibberish.
How do you see what I post if I'm on your ignore? 😎

you mean you dont think NImbers is more credentialed and more of a now it all than Dr Makary

Not sure who "they" refers to. But I was going to post something similar about how the CE board keeps overflowing out onto the football and RU issues boards lately.

I did a brief scan of the CE board and nearly all the reasonable and/or intelligent contributors left. It's 99% pure nutjob echo chamber material now. Pretty hilarious. Sad, but hilarious.

It's a virus and they're all already infected. With nobody healthy left to infect on the CE board, they're out here seeking new healthy "cells" to try to spread their political obsession virus.

No wonder they're so opposed to vaccines. 😂

is their a reason you and your ilk bring up CE in this thread, in fact the majority of posters you are trolling in this thread are not even on that board, rather odd

and what is reasonable posters...oh is it ones that agree with your worldview and censorhsip pushes

Last edited:
End of September/early October with the flu shot
Getting the annual flu and COVID shots is a great option for most people. I will be doing both in early October. Both are extremely safe and provide excellent protection against serious illness.

Plenty of data/info out there for folks to make their own decisions. Not a big deal anymore.

is their a reason you and your ilk bring up CE in this thread, in fact the majority of posters you are trolling in this thread are not even on that board, rather odd
Yes, there is a reason and I would’ve thought it was obvious, CE boarders keep dragging nutty CE board BS out here onto the FB board. Multiple threads are getting dragged into idiotic CE conversations. When I was a CE board participant, I never dragged that crap out here.

But things have changed, and if the FB board is now the new CE board, I’m gonna make fun of the most nutty CE boarders, same as I always did.

Oh, and I don’t have, want, or need any ilk. It’s just me. I know how much that pisses y’all off with your tribal addiction and all. 😀

Last edited:
you can't figure out that if your post is quoted by another poster that is not blocked he can see your loony toons post?
He has reacted in the past when I wasn't quoted, that I can say. You wouldn't have any knowledge of that since your opinion is strictly based on this recent hypocrisy, lol

you can't figure out that if your post is quoted by another poster that is not blocked he can see your loony toons post?
As I said. . . .
It’s difficult to be a vaccine expert and also understand how the ignore button works.
Bingo.
you mean you dont think NImbers is more credentialed and more of a now it all than Dr Makary
I respect @RU848789 's years of experience in pharmaceutical research and development. He has a valid opinion and raises valid points that are subject to fair debate, something people in this country used to do, before everything turned into screaming insults, MAGA, libtard, etc, etc. That was my point. He is better than debating a couple of numbskull troublemakers. You get lumped in with them, and I don't think that is fair.
Getting the annual flu and COVID shots is a great option for most people. I will be doing both in early October. Both are extremely safe and provide excellent protection against serious illness.

Plenty of data/info out there for folks to make their own decisions. Not a big deal anymore.
It's cute when you and numbers have pharma bro hugs. Europe disagrees with your view as to "most people" and "extremely safe," which would require some quantification. That is a fair point of debate in terms of benefit-harm, for example, why are they being touted for very young people (e.g., under 30, and in particular teens to 20's? We are in the endemic stage--unless a young person has a condition or co-morbidity, Europe is not recommending annual shots. But their governmental authorities do not seem to be in a perpetual embrace and under the thumb of Big Pharma, which is real problem in this country.

But you are correct that there is plenty of data out there for folks to make their own decisions, and hopefully they choose wisely . It should have always been that way. But for one group of people it became religion, and some of them were even wishing and/or celebrating the deaths of unvaccinated persons. That's a sad reflection on society.

I'm done. I said I was done, but got lots to do. Will jump in for breaks on football threads. Go RU!!!

As I said. . . .

Bingo.

I respect @RU848789 's years of experience in pharmaceutical research and development. He has a valid opinion and raises valid points that are subject to fair debate, something people in this country used to do, before everything turned into screaming insults, MAGA, libtard, etc, etc. That was my point. He is better than debating a couple of numbskull troublemakers. You get lumped in with them, and I don't think that is fair.

It's cute when you and numbers have pharma bro hugs. Europe disagrees with your view as to "most people" and "extremely safe," which would require some quantification. That is a fair point of debate in terms of benefit-harm, for example, why are they being touted for very young people (e.g., under 30, and in particular teens to 20's? We are in the endemic stage--unless a young person has a condition or co-morbidity, Europe is not recommending annual shots. But their governmental authorities do not seem to be in a perpetual embrace and under the thumb of Big Pharma, which is real problem in this country.

But you are correct that there is plenty of data out there for folks to make their own decisions, and hopefully they choose wisely . It should have always been that way. But for one group of people it became religion, and some of them were even wishing and/or celebrating the deaths of unvaccinated persons. That's a sad reflection on society.

I'm done. I said I was done, but got lots to do. Will jump in for breaks on football threads. Go RU!!!
Sorry, but mRNA vaccine tech has been proven safer than traditional vaccines (i.e., the ones you had administered to your children). No opinion can change the data.

All ages are recommended to get the shots, flu and COVID. Most 20-year olds make different healthcare decisions than older people. I never got flu shots until the little one came along. It is what it is.

Makary has been dancing on the edge of being an antivaxxer for awhile and his article in the Post had numerous misleading statements, like the one I detailed in my post, plus the ridiculous claims he makes about myocarditis being worse from the vaccines than from COVID, which have been debunked numerous times. He also claimed we would reach "herd immunity" in spring 2021, which was completely wrong, as demonstrated by the delta and omicron waves in late 2021 and early 2022. So, I'm not inclined to take his words seriously. Also, Europe has not "gone in a different direction" as the EMA has recommended the updated XBB1.5-based boosters from Pfizer and Moderna for everyone over 6 months in age.

https://www.reuters.com/article/hea...ing-modernas-updated-covid-shot-idUSL4N3AQ30I

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/twistedstudy/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-have-herd-immunity-by-april-11613669731

Having said that, there is much more disagreement over the recommendations on this booster and future boosters/annual boosters for young/healthy people than over earlier boosters, especially when there was far less hybrid immunity prior to omicron. And that's based on the less clear medical benefit for young/healthy people with hybrid immunity (vaccinated, plus previous infection) or those who were fully vaccinated without previous infection. Even Paul Offit a staunch supporter of COVID vaccines and previous mandates early in the vaccine rollout, has said he doesn't think there's a significant enough benefit now for annual boosters in younger/healthy people, given the high level of immunity against severe COVID/death in the popluation.

On the flip side, the fact that the FDA/CDC and the EMA have all recommended the new booster for just about everyone (by decisive medical votes from their advisory panels) is also a pretty strong statement. I will be getting the latest booster, since the risk is negligible and I'd rather have some additional protection against severe COVID from the latest variants, but if I were a healthy 29 year old with hybrid immunity, like our son, I'd be on the fence, as he is. Also, if I were rabidly pro-booster/pro-pharma, would I have typed the last two paragraphs? I don't think so. I have no issue with reasoned, nuanced debate about annual boosters, but the Post article is not reasoned, nuanced debate - the Science article below is.

https://www.science.org/content/article/should-i-get-covid-19-booster

• Sad
Reactions: Knight Shift
As I said. . . .

Bingo.

Why do you keep saying Europe is not recommending the new COVID boosters? That's incorrect. The European Medicines Agency has recommended them and the EU is likely to follow their medical agency's recommendation as they have for every other booster.

https://www.precisionvaccinations.c...ends-covid-19-vaccine-targeting-omicron-xbb15

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) today announced its Human Medicines Committee (CHMP) has recommended authorizing an adapted Spikevax vaccine targeting the Omicron XBB.1.5 subvariant.
In its decision to recommend the authorization on September 14, 2023, the CHMP considered all the available data on Spikevax and its other adapted vaccines.

In line with previous recommendations by EMA and the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, adults and children from 5 years of age who require vaccination should have a single dose, irrespective of their COVID-19 vaccination history.

Children from 6 months to 4 years of age may have one or two doses depending on whether they have completed a primary vaccination course or have had COVID-19.

The CHMP also considered data from a study in which adults were given Spikevax XBB.1.5 as a booster. The study showed that the vaccine produced an immune response against the Omicron XBB.1.5 subvariant, as measured by a rise in antibodies against this strain.

The vaccine also produced an immune response against several other strains of the betacornavirus that causes COVID-19, including the currently circulating Omicron XBB.1.16 subvariant.

The EMA has sent the CHMP’s recommendation to the European Commission for an EU-wide legally binding decision. SpikeVax has recently been approved in Canada and the United States.

As I said. . . .

Bingo.

I think it's fair to say vaccines have become a religion to some on both sides. Both groups appear lacking in mental capacity. Both are equally manipulated by propaganda.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Can someone please explain what vaccines have to do with windmills??!!!??
Excellent question. The answer is, obviously, nothing.

While we're asking good questions with obvious answers, we should also be asking "please explain what whales have to do with windmills" since there's exactly the same level of relevance as vaccines, and whales were brought up for the exact same reason as vaccines. 😉

I will wait till after you.

Just like you, with your height, are the 1st to know when it rains, you'll know how good the shots are😄

I will wait till after you.

Just like you, with your height, are the 1st to know when it rains, you'll know how good the shots are😄
With each new vaccine, I keep hoping I'll grow that third arm the anti-vaxxers are promising. A third arm... I mean, the advantages to my sex life go without saying, or they should anyway.

I think it's fair to say vaccines have become a religion to some on both sides. Both groups appear lacking in mental capacity. Both are equally manipulated by propaganda.
Agreed. Even the well-educated.
Adults should be free to make their choices and state them without being chided or talked-down to.

I have had one flu vaccine in probably 20 years, and that was during the pandemic. Not again for me.
Despite the pharma bros' representations, I agree with points made by Dr. Makary and others regarding the testing on efficacy and safety.

Reactions: bac2therac
Agreed. Even the well-educated.
Adults should be free to make their choices and state them without being chided or talked-down to.

I have had one flu vaccine in probably 20 years, and that was during the pandemic. Not again for me.
Despite the pharma bros' representations, I agree with points made by Dr. Makary and others regarding the testing on efficacy and safety.
But there is a role for government requiring vaccines in many instances.

For example, when my daughter went to college and wanted to stay in the dorms, she had to prove she received the meningitis vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT