ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Springsteen cited for DWI at Sandy Hook

Did he make millions on Broadway ?

For example; the theatre that he used donated the theatre rent for free for a nice segment of the run. They were content with the sales of 'beverages' at breaks.

Would it be nice if he and Bloomberg and Bon Jovi gave 10 million each to "Tunnel to Towers" or "Make A Wish" or ''Wounded Warriors" like I have. ( just not millions)

Could we all agree that it's better to actually do the right thing, rather than pontificate about it ?

Not sure about the other two, but Bloomberg makes considerable charitable donations. Besides $1.8 billion to Johns Hopkins over the years, he makes close to a billion dollars a year in donations. Locally, he made a $6 million donation last spring to the Central Kitchen charity that was providing meals to 30,000 hospital and frontline workers in Greater NY during the pandemic shutdown.

Reactions: Greg2020
On my way home one morning on SH 34 south in Wall, I was behind a guy literally ALL OVER the road, I was behind him for a mile or so. Started to shine/flick my headlights and my horn at the guy and he pulled over. He was stinking drunk and barely able to speak. (This was before cell phones.).
I reached in and turned off his car. Took the keys and threw them as far as I could into the woods. Left and went home, later when I woke up went back up to where I had left him and the car.

GAWN.

My dad had similar stories with you troopers...he was a musician who played in the city...spent a lot of time looking for his keys on Rt. 3.

This was the 70s though. Back when people didn’t sue over everything. Now my buddies who are troopers have no choice for fear of liability.

Do you think Bruce had his local tax assessor walk him thru the process without input from his accountant? Honest question.
No but I also don’t think he got any special treatment because only wealthy are able to do it like you implied

Bruce does not balance his own checkbook so not completing paperwork is not some sign of an only wealthy loophole

It's no excuse but patrolling the Hook off season must be awfully boring. Like some of the seasonal Specials that work in Shore towns some of these guys are likely a little full of themselves.

This must be the biggest case for NPS law enforcement rangers since the last time a body washed up. Or when they nabbed a tagger spraying the bunkers.
Before Colts Neck had it's own Police force the NJSP had it's Barracks right were the PD is now.
NOTHING happens in Colts Neck other than idiots setting off their burglar alarms as they come home by accident.

So you could go just about anywhere below the Raritan River west to the NJ Turnpike and down to the bottom of Island Beach State Park to patrol. You have to invent/make something happen on your own if you want to stay awake.

The USA has the highest percentage of citizens correctly filing and paying taxes in the World.

The IRS is confusing/demanding/unrealistic but still we comply.

I have no issue with people taking the allowable tax benefits.

But don't tell me that Bruce or Trump need to take the benefits and should tell me how to act....

Bon Jovi with his Estate on Navesink Rd used to take a farm exemption because he raised bees on the property. Fine, but don't puff up yourself when you eat with the Governator with no masks and no social distancing and tell me that my Grandchildren can't go to school.

I never indicated Bruce or Trump should tell anyone to act. I was only commenting on the farmland assessment program and they fact that no one is a phony for applying for it especially as was mentioned they lease the land to a farmer

Yeah- I bet the fans he stopped to have pictures taken with think he is such a jerk...

There should be photos and video of Bruce hanging with the fans at Sandy Hook. Every one of the fans were likely using their phones to show their friends at home that they were with Bruce. So where’s the video of this incident? This happened 3 months ago so it’s strange to be quiet for so long.

Also when did it become illegal to drink on Sandy Hook? I always thought it was illegal not to bring booze there. 😀 That’s why folks avoid the beach at Sea Bright. The cops will bust you over a single can of beer there on the beach.

I never indicated Bruce or Trump should tell anyone to act. I was only commenting on the farmland assessment program and they fact that no one is a phony for applying for it especially as was mentioned they lease the land to a farmer

It's an allowable deduction in NJ, the bar is very low for income producing compared to other States like NY. But like I've said many times my Tax Accountant said; "If I'm not getting you audited every year, I'm not doing my job !"

But I never tell anyone that do what I say, just not what I do....

Except Mary Anne or one of my 3 Sons, neither listens.

Once in awhile the dog will ...but then she wants a dog bone. Do u think it would work with Mary Anne or the Sons ?

As he should! A .02? Lol
If that be the case why would a prosecutor for the Federal Gov. not say there is no case whatsoever. There are tickets issued for drinking on a Federal property and it was closed. I’m also interested in the reckless driving charge on Federal property. What is with that? The DUI is probably what BigWill was referring to and why the confusion in the alcohol level. People claiming Bruce never had a problem with a cop may be true and simply because he was a celebrity ... for the many who worship at the altar of the Boss daily ... he will never be charged formerly.

According to the current information out there, I still hesitate to call them facts.

He HAS been charged, with most likely NJ MV Statutes 39:4-50, which is Drunk Driving (the BAC % is not the determining factor, DWI/DUI/and every other abbreviation means nothing, just shorthand.), 39:4-96 which is Reckless Driving and some open container law. If there other Federal charges with different Statute numbers that is above my pay grade. (For Example The GSP and Turnpike used to have separate Statute numbers that you could use that were different from Title 39.)

Why ? Ask an Attorney.

But he's been "formerly charged", based on what we now know.

IF he is brought to before a Federal Judge is unknown at this time.

Amazing how these Bruce fans are so in love with this story and why it is impossible to believe he could actually be guilty. The guy is going to get the celeb slap on the wrist. The officer will be summarily disciplined and possibly fired under the new cancel culture and all of New Jersey will celebrate his divinity.

I hope so

If that be the case why would a prosecutor for the Federal Gov. not say there is no case whatsoever. There are tickets issued for drinking on a Federal property and it was closed. I’m also interested in the reckless driving charge on Federal property. What is with that? The DUI is probably what BigWill was referring to and why the confusion in the alcohol level. People claiming Bruce never had a problem with a cop may be true and simply because he was a celebrity ... for the many who worship at the altar of the Boss daily ... he will never be charged formerly.

That is not how it works once you are arrested it has to go to court. At the court date the prosecutor can make a deal with the accused or his/her attorney and suggest the settlement to the judge. The judge can then approve or reject that settlement.

In this case the DWI gets tossed and the other two charges probably stick or are reduced somewhat.

If .02 true, weird he got a DUI
bacmale.jpg

I hope so
I served 2 years of Federal Grand Jury hearing over 200 possible indictments of various offenses some years ago . Then several years later was called again and served 6 months on State Grand Jury. Same thing cases ran the gamut of possible crimes. So in Springsteen’s particular case if it hasn’t been adjudicated yet there is more going on behind the scenes. I would guess these behind scenes actions has led to delays in closing out his case . The other issue is his arrest was not reported to Jeep prior to the Super Bowl and now has caused public opinions to be mixed . MADD is outraged ... all of Hollywood and the media is attempting to make it a out to be an out control cop with a big ego and looking to make a name for himself. Damage control at it’s best being directed by liberal sided supporters. Nothing more... nothing less. I expect Springsteen ‘s lawyers to ask for a dismissal of all charges and that this was a case of over zealous Federal law enforcement working out of Sandy Hook. We’ll never really know was he or wasn’t he guilty.

That is not how it works once you are arrested it has to go to court. At the court date the prosecutor can make a deal with the accused or his/her attorney and suggest the settlement to the judge. The judge can then approve or reject that settlement.

In this case the DWI gets tossed and the other two charges probably stick or are reduced somewhat.
This is not county / city court. It is a Federal issue. It is a whole different animal. The actual meeting will take place at an annex away from public eyes. There will be no standing charges and all will be satisfied .Bruce will do a Bruce Willis and admit he made a mistake and fortunately Uncle Sam forgave the Greatest New Jersey resident and donator to the Democratic Party. Then he and officer Crumkey will shake hands... do a photo op and Bruce will donate his Jeep fees to MADD . All is “ Good In The USA”.

Trust me Sherlock that is exactly how it’s used to work . And you don’t have to be an attorney to realize the differences. It was on Federal property and that is the issue. Springsteen’s legal team does not want to be in Federal Court nor does it want anymore negative news concerns. Bad enough what has happened already. I don’t agree with his politics but he has a strong resume to be in my band.

The reckless driving charge eliminates the possibility that Bruce was just sitting on the bike with the key engaged.

I have no dog in this fight. At this point why not just release the police report?

well actual police report seems more damaging--like the bottle of booze was empty, that Bruce admitted to at least two not one drink, he initially refused to be tested, reeked of alcohol--read it yourself--wait for facts not BS feelings one way or other--the report is now out

well actual police report seems more damaging--like the bottle of booze was empty, that Bruce admitted to at least two not one drink, he initially refused to be tested, reeked of alcohol--read it yourself--wait for facts not BS feelings one way or other--the report is now out
Yes , this is what i have been saying.

Yes , this is what i have been saying.
It’s what was said by a number of people. If you are a Bruce worshipper then he’s totally innocent 😇 r was set up by an Asshat cop . Seems there’s an issue and not what people were claiming. Wealthy celebs are worse than the average guy who work everyday type jobs. But unfortunately he will be given a great deal of leniency by the Federal Court system. Biden will be pardoning the king of New Jersey .

It’s what was said by a number of people. If you are a Bruce worshipper then he’s totally innocent 😇 r was set up by an Asshat cop . Seems there’s an issue and not what people were claiming. Wealthy celebs are worse than the average guy who work everyday type jobs. But unfortunately he will be given a great deal of leniency by the Federal Court system. Biden will be pardoning the king of New Jersey .
Let the story come out , if it does

I'm waiting to read the fans that asked him to stop for pictures and "forced" him to have a drink, and the policeman that nailed him are Trump supporters and set him up! 😁

I can’t believe people are so sure he was set up or was not guilty of being a possible DUI because it’s Bruce Springsteen.

I served 2 years of Federal Grand Jury hearing over 200 possible indictments of various offenses some years ago . Then several years later was called again and served 6 months on State Grand Jury. Same thing cases ran the gamut of possible crimes. So in Springsteen’s particular case if it hasn’t been adjudicated yet there is more going on behind the scenes. I would guess these behind scenes actions has led to delays in closing out his case . The other issue is his arrest was not reported to Jeep prior to the Super Bowl and now has caused public opinions to be mixed . MADD is outraged ... all of Hollywood and the media is attempting to make it a out to be an out control cop with a big ego and looking to make a name for himself. Damage control at it’s best being directed by liberal sided supporters. Nothing more... nothing less. I expect Springsteen ‘s lawyers to ask for a dismissal of all charges and that this was a case of over zealous Federal law enforcement working out of Sandy Hook. We’ll never really know was he or wasn’t he guilty.
What do you mean we will never know if he was guilty or wasn’t guilty ? The court decision will determine that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT