ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Springsteen cited for DWI at Sandy Hook

Sandy Hook is one of the real gem in NJ for nature lovers. They are very strict.
With Bruce's arrest, people are going to be very careful now.
You don't mess with Sandy Hook.

What do you mean we will never know if he was guilty or wasn’t guilty ? The court decision will determine that.
Isn’t that the new improved DOJ ...prosecutors may decide not to proceed due to insufficient evidence.

Sandy Hook is one of the real gem in NJ for nature lovers. They are very strict.
With Bruce's arrest, people are going to be very careful now.
You don't mess with Sandy Hook.
They have been using Park Rangers to spy on the nude beach and also for drug and alcohol violations for at least 10 years.They sit in Jeep’s on the dunes and if they see something they will absolutely stop you.Do you actually live in a cave? Just don’t get caught in the WWII bunkers or the bushes doing the damn , damn.😎😁🤟👌🪓

Then charges are dropped and he’s not guilty
More probable than not he will not be charged . Maybe he signs some autographs or does a free concert for charity?
This is the Boss mind you not some commoner he pretends to be a part of or represents. The man is worth a net sum of around 500 mil.

I lied. I’m happy people are $hitting all over the little whiny man. He bought this upon himself. He had a great career but this will be his legacy. The big mouth who got caught:

You think his legacy will be this because he drank tequila and got on a motorcycle? Jimi Hendrix overdosed but is celebrated for his musical talents. Kobe Bryant is reveled for his basketball excellence even though he raped someone in Colorado. Magic Johnson used women more often than he used toilet paper to wipe his own butt (also contracted HIV and probably gave it to numerous women) but he is basketball royalty. Ray Lewis was implicated in a double murder I believe yet that isnt even mentioned anymore. But this will be Bruce's legacy? Wow!!!

You think his legacy will be this because he drank tequila and got on a motorcycle? Jimi Hendrix overdosed but is celebrated for his musical talents. Kobe Bryant is reveled for his basketball excellence even though he raped someone in Colorado. Magic Johnson used women more often than he used toilet paper to wipe his own butt (also contracted HIV and probably gave it to numerous women) but he is basketball royalty. Ray Lewis was implicated in a double murder I believe yet that isnt even mentioned anymore. But this will be Bruce's legacy? Wow!!!
Good take . You can add Ray rice knocked his fiancé out in an elevator . Lawrence Taylor was into illegal drugs and prostitutes . We can add to this list all day.

Many of us root for the rutgers basketball team and Jacob young. I believe he was charged with DUI but that charged was dismissed and he was convicted of reckless driving

Reactions: Greg2020
Good take . You can add Ray rice knocked his fiancé out in an elevator . Lawrence Taylor was into illegal drugs and prostitutes . We can add to this list all day.

You might want to edit your examples. Ray has had a tough time shaking that one outside the Rutger's community.

I will add just a couple posts below, we are celebrating Tom Brady for being a drunken fool in public, perching on the back of a moving boat, and tossing the Lombardi trophy to another boat. Totally awesome and responsible, isnt it? This is now the GOAT's legacy.

Many of us root for the rutgers basketball team and Jacob young. I believe he was charged with DUI but that charged was dismissed and he was convicted of reckless driving

not giving him a pass but comparing 22 year old with limited means to a 70 year old with all the $$ in the world is not a good comparison. Bruce is an elite who finds that the rules only apply to the peasant. No matter what driving a motorcycle requires about 5x the awareness of driving a car it is beyond irresponsible to have any drinks. Looks like the Democratic spin machine coming to the rescue!

not giving him a pass but comparing 22 year old with limited means to a 70 year old with all the $$ in the world is not a good comparison. Bruce is an elite who finds that the rules only apply to the peasant. No matter what driving a motorcycle requires about 5x the awareness of driving a car it is beyond irresponsible to have any drinks. Looks like the Democratic spin machine coming to the rescue!
Right . And if Bruce is found guilty he will carry out his sentence and life will go on .

Baldwin would be a guy that knows how this is handled . Seems like a reasonable take from an informed guy

Might not know shit about politics but definitely an expert when it comes to brushes with the law. And will never win an award for father of the year. Springsteen is a choirboy in comparison. But he's woke, so some will think is comment should be taken seriously.

You might want to edit your examples. Ray has had a tough time shaking that one outside the Rutger's community.

I will add just a couple posts below, we are celebrating Tom Brady for being a drunken fool in public, perching on the back of a moving boat, and tossing the Lombardi trophy to another boat. Totally awesome and responsible, isnt it? This is now the GOAT's legacy.
No, but maybe the Cop saved Bruce from a legacy of causing a accident or
worse by swerving into the wrong lane.

Just to add........you have contributed to the "What are you drinking tonight" thread on this very board which essentially is promoting drinking booze.....and at the same time condemning Tom Brady for celebrating after a SB Win by drinking booze.

Well considering APP is reporting his BAC was below legal limit should he even have been arrested or at the very least charged with DWI. Not sure if he was driving erratically but something seems fishy.

Shows how demented some are if you read Carl Golden ‘s opinion today in New Jersey’s greatest newspaper . Mr. Golden ( Stockton State) adhere’s to the Bruce was set up logic. Nobody forced Springsteen to accept and imbibe with those fans Mr. Golden. Maybe they prevented this icon from killing himself. Would that have been a simpler solution and solve the angst of was he or wasn’t he impaired? At 71 riding your motorcycle is fine but taking a shot or two of Tequila is just dumb.

Well considering APP is reporting his BAC was below legal limit should he even have been arrested or at the very least charged with DWI. Not sure if he was driving erratically but something seems fishy.

yes the viable truth telling APP sure go with that. The liberal Democrats and Hollywood will come to his rescue. Just research how many of his defenders have had similar lapses in judgement.

Since Sandy Hook is federal land does he go before a Monmouth County or a federal judge?
He will attend an (annex) hearing away from public scrutiny. People do not want to believe he could actually be guilty. The puzzling thing is the other charges for reckless driving and refusal to take a breathalyzer test? It will not be a local magistrate handling the case. If it were this thread would not even be in existence.

Might not know shit about politics but definitely an expert when it comes to brushes with the law. And will never win an award for father of the year. Springsteen is a choirboy in comparison. But he's woke, so some will think is comment should be taken seriously.
Yes , his brushes with the law . He would know

Reactions: patk89
Just to add........you have contributed to the "What are you drinking tonight" thread on this very board which essentially is promoting drinking booze.....and at the same time condemning Tom Brady for celebrating after a SB Win by drinking booze.

My post wasnt meant to condemn him. I was being sarcastic towards those who want to chastise Bruce (and many seem to have personal vendettas) but the general consensus on the Brady post is that it is awesome he was a sloppy mess. I could care less about Brady and if he drank or didnt drink. And yes, I contribute to the drinking thread and toast those who share their drinks as well. As per Thomas Jefferson, “Beer, if drunk in moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health.” Thank God for beer.

The reason people have reacted this way is based upon the hypocrisy being shown by media , celebs and in ignoring facts. If it were Joe Blow ( not our president) people would say things like: How stupid to drive drunk. He’s endangering the public. Give him the max. Now here is a man who at age 71 can enjoy a drink or two , ride a motorcycle and because of his celeb do things most never will. Bruce had to know as a person who has enjoyed Sandy Hook , lived nearby and filmed videos in those old barracks that Park Rangers are always around especially if it was a nice November day. It is well known and clearly documented. I believe he felt insulated from any possible prosecution even if subconsciously. I hope he’s innocent and only because though politics is a possibility he has done more good than bad. This board would be in denial . Please God preserve New Jersey greatest living icon. Otherwise we’re left with John Bongiovani.🙏😇🪓

So any new/worthwhile information come out lately ? Not rumors or "I think".

As far as the refusal; It 'appears' that he at first declined, somewhere after that first decline, he either changed his mind or was convinced to take the test. IF the park police have body camera's that would come out later. He can't be given a 'refusal' ticket along with a ticket for drunk driving if he actually took the test at some time.

NB; An accurate test on the breathalyzer requires a 'good' breath given by the drunk. If the drunk keeps giving poor/deliberate shallow breath tests when requested, the Officer could give him a ticket for 'refusal'. Then he would have to testify in depth/length as to the failure of the drunk to provide a measurable breath to the Court. Usually you will get the conviction for both the refusal and the operation of the mv, if you are an experienced in your report writing and your court testimony.

But it's ALWAYS smart to take the darn test.

You could blow a low number, like it 'appears' in this case and that helps you in Court. Blow a high number ? The penalty is the same in Municipal Court on just a normal test/arrest.

yes the viable truth telling APP sure go with that. The liberal Democrats and Hollywood will come to his rescue. Just research how many of his defenders have had similar lapses in judgement.

You know this is really a pretty simple thing. If the breathalyzer showed he was below the legal limit then there is no case for the DWI. But I guess everything is a conspiracy theory to you.

The reason people have reacted this way is based upon the hypocrisy being shown by media , celebs and in ignoring facts. If it were Joe Blow ( not our president) people would say things like: How stupid to drive drunk. He’s endangering the public. Give him the max. Now here is a man who at age 71 can enjoy a drink or two , ride a motorcycle and because of his celeb do things most never will. Bruce had to know as a person who has enjoyed Sandy Hook , lived nearby and filmed videos in those old barracks that Park Rangers are always around especially if it was a nice November day. It is well known and clearly documented. I believe he felt insulated from any possible prosecution even if subconsciously. I hope he’s innocent and only because though politics is a possibility he has done more good than bad. This board would be in denial . Please God preserve New Jersey greatest living icon. Otherwise we’re left with John Bongiovani.🙏😇🪓

No, Bob, that's not why people are reacting as they are.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Sounds like he did not take the breathalyzer at the scene and they took a blood test when they brought him in. This may have been 2-3 hours after he was first questioned by police...He very easily could have been .08 while sitting on his bike and .02 hours later.
The bigger issue is what Bruce may have or may not have said when asked if he had planned on driving his bike out of there. He may have told the officer that he did plan too and that is where the trouble starts. If he did that- then he is 100% wrong. That would tell me that maybe the officer may have given him a break and got him to call someone to pick him up if he did not plan to ride the bike. As they have no proof he had anything to drink before getting there. But if he told them he planned on driving...well...there you go, if he was also sitting on the bike and keys in it.

Sounds like he did not take the breathalyzer at the scene and they took a blood test when they brought him in. This may have been 2-3 hours after he was first questioned by police...He very easily could have been .08 while sitting on his bike and .02 hours later.
The bigger issue is what Bruce may have or may not have said when asked if he had planned on driving his bike out of there. He may have told the officer that he did plan too and that is where the trouble starts. If he did that- then he is 100% wrong. That would tell me that maybe the officer may have given him a break and got him to call someone to pick him up if he did not plan to ride the bike. As they have no proof he had anything to drink before getting there. But if he told them he planned on driving...well...there you go, if he was also sitting on the bike and keys in it.

Much conjecture.

FYI, they don't take blood samples at Police Stations it's done at Hospitals.

Breathalyzers are not precision instruments; Depending on the Model used it can be off .02 % plus or minus. That means if that model is used and it is showing; .08 then the agreed/court decided margin of error means the drunk could be down to .06 and as high as .10 %. It is usual to give two separate tests with approx 20 minutes between tests. That is to help judge if the drunk was going up or coming down in the BA at the time of the initial arrest/stop.

Cameras have almost ELIMINATED the ability of the Police Officer to "give you a break"and still have a job if IAB or anyone reviews the cameras and finds hankey pankey in ANY manner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT