ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Springsteen cited for DWI at Sandy Hook

You know this is really a pretty simple thing. If the breathalyzer showed he was below the legal limit then there is no case for the DWI. But I guess everything is a conspiracy theory to you.
. No asswipe I’m not all about conspiracy theory .If you however stopped with only mentioning one part of this story you might realize it’s not about just his alcohol level. It’s also about reckless driving? Refusal to take a sobriety test initially .Though I’m not a practicing attorney I have enough experience in over 250 cases and I ‘ll match my background against yours unless you are a lawyer or an extremely experienced law official. As I said and which you probably ignored . I hope it’s not true ... I also can tell you he more than likely gets the proverbially slap on the wrist. Something most of us would NEVER get in a court of law.

I wonder if Jeep knew about this before airing Bruce's commercial during the Super Bowl. Not sure you want your automobile product involved with someone recently charged with DWI

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/20...sted-for-dwi-at-jersey-shore-report-says.html
Pretty convenient that this came to life two days after the commercial aired and Jeep was receiving all sorts of negative feedback about the messaging. Not a conspiracy person, but his DWI coming to light make a great excuse to pull the commercial

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Has he completed his Anger Management Classes after that Costanza like parking space incident ?
Yes ! Nothing better than someone that gets sentenced and suffers proper punishment. They come out rehabilitated and things are all good . Right ?

. No asswipe I’m not all about conspiracy theory .If you however stopped with only mentioning one part of this story you might realize it’s not about just his alcohol level. It’s also about reckless driving? Refusal to take a sobriety test initially .Though I’m not a practicing attorney I have enough experience in over 250 cases and I ‘ll match my background against yours unless you are a lawyer or an extremely experienced law official. As I said and which you probably ignored . I hope it’s not true ... I also can tell you he more than likely gets the proverbially slap on the wrist. Something most of us would NEVER get in a court of law.
That is the real sad part in this Springsteen case. He admits drinking two shots of Tequila. That in itself starts the clock . The Park Rangers witnessed him drinking on lands under Federal jurisdiction .Alcohol consumption on Sandy Hook is verboten the last I heard. Only place that allowed legal alcohol consumption was the destroyed Eagles Nest. And funny how some here preaching to others about how Bruce is innocent never mention that part of legal vs illegal. Pretty certain I can guess how they lean on matters of law.✌️

That is the real sad part in this Springsteen case. He admits drinking two shots of Tequila. That in itself starts the clock . The Park Rangers witnessed him drinking on lands under Federal jurisdiction .Alcohol consumption on Sandy Hook is verboten the last I heard. Only place that allowed legal alcohol consumption was the destroyed Eagles Nest. And funny how some here preaching to others about how Bruce is innocent never mention that part of legal vs illegal. Pretty certain I can guess how they lean on matters of law.✌
You ever go to a rutgers tailgate ? Alcohol consumption is probably technically illegal walking around around those parking lots , roads and buildings.

You think his legacy will be this because he drank tequila and got on a motorcycle? Jimi Hendrix overdosed but is celebrated for his musical talents. Kobe Bryant is reveled for his basketball excellence even though he raped someone in Colorado. Magic Johnson used women more often than he used toilet paper to wipe his own butt (also contracted HIV and probably gave it to numerous women) but he is basketball royalty. Ray Lewis was implicated in a double murder I believe yet that isnt even mentioned anymore. But this will be Bruce's legacy? Wow!!!
It's purely politics - folks on the right hate Bruce for his political stances on a number of issues. And this will be less than a speed bump for his career/image. In fact, as a rock and roller, one would think bending the law a bit (without completely mangling it) as an old guy might just help his image with some. He's 70 and still riding his bike.

Hey asshole, if you read my initial message I said that he was below the limit so being arrested for a DWI doesn’t make sense but maybe there was a reckless driving issue or something. But if the breathalyzer comes in below the limit he shouldn’t be charged with DWI. That’s what the article pointed out. As for being punished or whatever he should get what anyone else should get for similar charges....but he should not be charged for DWI if the friggin evidence doesn’t support the charge....which it doesn’t.

Reactions: Plum Street
Hey asshole, if you read my initial message I said that he was below the limit so being arrested for a DWI doesn’t make sense but maybe there was a reckless driving issue or something. But if the breathalyzer comes in below the limit he shouldn’t be charged with DWI. That’s what the article pointed out. As for being punished or whatever he should get what anyone else should get for similar charges....but he should not be charged for DWI if the friggin evidence doesn’t support the charge....which it doesn’t.
lol...my aren’t we the angry one Tonite. No asshole ....he still could be charged with driving under the influence . Reckless driving and whatever else. Don’t worry your prince will be slapped on the wrist . You neglected reading all my postings on this issue as I explained the media and Bruce worshippers are now in the process of explaining his transgression away. The fact is the average guy on the street would be sucking hind tit. As was pointed out by another you don’t have to blow over .02 to be under the influence.They possibly prevented the old man from killing himself on his bike.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
You ever go to a rutgers tailgate ? Alcohol consumption is probably technically illegal walking around around those parking lots , roads and buildings.
Did I ever go to a Rutgers tailgate let me think about that a moment. Sure numerous times however my drinking at tailgates stopped 20 years ago. The reason is I realized watching the drunks bumble and stumble pre game and during games was not worth it especially when I reached my 50’s . Another reason was breaking up 2 fights in the stands when we were up at Giants stadium against BC and Penn State . That alone always showed me the problem with over drinking .At this point in my life I don’t need alcohol in order to yell, scream and holler for Rutgers. Of course it is illegal .If the university and state so desired it actually could suspend alcohol consumption on a State University campus. Would they do that ? You never can say never in these times.Didn’t Hobbs stop students drinking in the glen after he shared a beer. The real question is why did Springsteen’s legal team not notify Jeep of a possible problem. That to me makes it appear they knew he could lose the spot and the fees which I’m sure were more than a few hundred dollars. Reckless driving charge would be more than enough reason to void the contract with Springsteen.

Before Colts Neck had it's own Police force the NJSP had it's Barracks right were the PD is now.
NOTHING happens in Colts Neck other than idiots setting off their burglar alarms as they come home by accident.

So you could go just about anywhere below the Raritan River west to the NJ Turnpike and down to the bottom of Island Beach State Park to patrol. You have to invent/make something happen on your own if you want to stay awake.
Nothing happens in Colts Neck? And this is just a small sampling of the most high profile stuff. I lived in Howell not far from the Colts Neck border and our name for Colts Neck was “shady town” or “shady neck” because there was so much shady shit going on in that town.
Mob Boss tied to murders in Colts Neck Mansion

Investigators still working route 18 Colts Neck murder

Entire family murdered in Colts Neck

Reactions: LETSGORU91
The walking around part isn’t the problem.

Just like in this case.

It’s illegal. Cops and sheriffs officers just look the other way unless it’s past the drop
Point .
According to many of those who contribute in the thread we have EVERY year on this topic, they disagree.

According to many of those who contribute in the thread we have EVERY year on this topic, they disagree.
Yeah but it’s me and I am usually right . As you know “ash got us smashed.”
So take a leap of faith FDNY here

Yeah but it’s me and I am usually right . As you know “ash got us smashed.”
So take a leap of faith FDNY here
Well as I said the problem isn't the walking the around it's the getting on your motorcyle to drive away after being spotted downing some tequila. Which is what happened.

Not sure how or what a Rutgers tailgate matters in this thread?

But if a member of the RUPD or our friends from the MCSD saw someome do the same at this tailgate you're talking about...observing you drinking alcohol before you drive away...the result would be the same.

Well as I said the problem isn't the walking the around it's the getting on your motorcyle to drive away after being spotted downing some tequila. Which is what happened.

Not sure how or what a Rutgers tailgate matters in this thread?

But if a member of the RUPD or our friends from the MCSD saw someome do the same at this tailgate you're talking about...observing you drinking alcohol before you drive away...the result would be the same.
Being seen drinking by a police officer ( even one drink) in a public place and getting ready to drive off without being checked out by that cop might be considered dereliction of duty by said officer in my opinion.
I understand that when given the option of taking a breath on the spot, Bruce was told it wasn't mandatory there, so he declined taking one.
The police officer used his own judgement and decided Springsteen looked like he could possibly be under the influence and needed to bring him to the police station for everyone's safety
When at the station Bruce was told it was a mandatory test when inside the station so Springsteen took the test that showed his breath was way under the limit that shows a person is intoxicated .

My opinion based on the test result at the police station, DUI will be dropped but Bruce will plead guilty to the other charges he's facing and pay a hefty fine with possible Community Service thrown in.
A free concert benefiting a program that is against drinking and driving , might be what Bruce does for that Community Service obligation

BTW: he will appear as I said in an annex hearing ... I think he will get a fine ... perhaps a reprimand and will give a great personal speech to the court and presiding federal judge on his misdeed. Bruce will show true remorse and the charges will be dismissed . All good and probably very fair.

If Kenny Brit can drive into a Federal land, Fort Campbell Army Base at 3:30am hammered and get away with it, Bruce has no worries.

Last edited:
Reactions: LETSGORU91
A few more Colts Neck “nothing goes on in that town gems”
Colts Neck teen who brutally attacked stranger sentenced to prisonti

“Zombie Mansion” goes up in flames in Colts Neck

these are just the ones I can remember from when I lived in Howell. There was something that went down at the house of a NY Jet or Giant who lived in Colts Neck. And a ton of stuff that never makes it to the front page.

That my friend is "Nothing". i was stationed at The Neck for about 2 years. It was not unusual to find me patrolling the Belmar beach front, I-195 out to Hightstown, SH 9 and 35 into Perth Amboy. or the Governor's beach front home on Long Beach Island (catching some rays).

Obviously you were never a NJSP or have any knowledge of how the NJSP operate their 'barracks' system.

Troopers aren't supposed to wait in the parking lot for something/anything to happen. They are assigned 'patrol' areas. They are expected to handle radio calls within their assigned patrol areas, usually by seniority up. When "Nothing" is happening they are expected to 'aggressively patrol' for motor vehicle and criminal violations.

Interesting how he had to be driving to get a DWI and reckless driving.
How did they site him for consuming alcohol in a closed area?
Did he drink in front of them?
How do they know he wasn’t just drunk from drinking somewhere else first?
Will ?
The only thing I can think off is they observed him drinking alcohol, obviously without his knowledge, and didn’t bust him until until he drove away.
Makes sense.

You don't have to actually drive away to get a 39:4-50.

In what appears to be the circumstances of this incident.
Just sitting on the motorcycle with the motor on is enough to issue the ticket, based on the Officers observations and experience. Naturally he has to be very good in report writing and in court testimony to get a conviction based on the 'reported' BAC reading of .02

For example, I was considered almost expert witness after I attended and passed a special 40 hour course administered by the NJSP at Sea Girt in Advanced Drunk Driving Enforcement.

I am the furthest thing from a Springsteen fan (especially his political nonsense) but if the reports are accurate and he blew a .02 then this is a BS charge. End of story. I used to drink on Sundays at the Seagull Nest on Sandy hook - not too long ago and that was OK - why a .02 now - I call BS.

I am the furthest thing from a Springsteen fan (especially his political nonsense) but if the reports are accurate and he blew a .02 then this is a BS charge. End of story. I used to drink on Sundays at the Seagull Nest on Sandy hook - not too long ago and that was OK - why a .02 now - I call BS.
Entirely different animal when it is out on the beach, in the parking lots , on the roads and as you may or may not be aware the Eagles Nest was destroyed by Sandy. Drinking is prohibited under the Federal guidelines there.The issue is they witnessed him drinking , swaying and Springsteen admitted as much. So in your mind it’s BS in the eyes of the Park Rangers he was drinking. He may not get a DUI but he will still be much more aware of where he drinks.

A friend had his Son hit a tree on his motorcycle. Head hit the tree, split the helmet in half.

He needed 85 units of blood. Lived, but not well.

Alcohol involved....

One man's BS charge is another man's saved a life.

A friend had his Son hit a tree on his motorcycle. Head hit the tree, split the helmet in half.

He needed 85 units of blood. Lived, but not well.

Alcohol involved....

One man's BS charge is another man's saved a life.

Must've been a cheap helmet, no modern helmet up to standard would "split in half"

The issue is "Has he learned anything from the incident ?"

Hire a driver and give some retired NJSP a nice job.

Sell the chopper.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT