ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

I wouldn't expect you too, it's all good, I was just providing some context on Grantham, he's often bearish.

Bearish is not the same as calling a bubble. Another new term you should look up. When he’s done so, he’s been right.

Bearish is not the same as calling a bubble. Another new term you should look up. When he’s done so, he’s been right.

bubble

NOUN
  1. a thin sphere of liquid enclosing air or another gas.
I'm going to need you to explain how this relates to the stock market. 🤓

I think even he knows things went too far today. Futures up.
I agree, I've been very surprised all summer how little the markets care about all of these violent protests, but the facts are, they just blow right through them.

Very interested to see how the markets react tomorrow. Especially the Russell given the day it had today.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
I agree, I've been very surprised all summer how little the markets care about all of these violent protests, but the facts are, they just blow right through them.

Very interested to see how the markets react tomorrow. Especially the Russell given the day it had today.
+1 - Market doesn't care much about such things.

I assume the R2K will take a breather. Perhaps a strong day for the Nasdaq?

MARA up 17% in extended

BTBT up 7%. Riot up 7%.

PLUG was up 20% on a deal with a South Korean Group.

Seeing weed stocks up about 6%. Solars up about 6%.

So it looks like it is picking up where it left off yesterday.

I tried to play it once. But it was going down while my portfolio overall was going up. So I didn't see the point of holding it waiting for that one day, who knows when, where it might jump 10-15%.

I tried to play it once. But it was going down while my portfolio overall was going up. So I didn't see the point of holding it waiting for that one day, who knows when, where it might jump 10-15%.
A hedge is one thing, but VIX/VXX seems completely counterproductive. Just leave some cash in your account. That's better since it won't go down.

A hedge is one thing, but VIX/VXX seems completely counterproductive. Just leave some cash in your account. That's better since it won't go down.
There was a guy, James McDonald, on CNBC recently talking about the UVXY, and he was saying that with options, he can get a one day 10x return. That certainly sounds like it could be worth it.

But they were adding all sorts of disclaimers how this type of trading was not for beginners. That type of return certainly pique's one interest, but I don't even understanding options at this point, so that's not a game I'm looking to play any time soon.

There was a guy, James McDonald, on CNBC recently talking about the UVXY, and he was saying that with options, he can get a one day 10x return. That certainly sounds like it could be worth it.

But they were adding all sorts of disclaimers how this type of trading was not for beginners. That type of return certainly pique's one interest, but I don't even understanding options at this point, so that's not a game I'm looking to play any time soon.

And in 1 day you can get a 90% loss.

ETHE and GBTC both up 8+%.

BTCS up 75%.
To you and @RUTGERS95 - okay you crazy bastards, for fun and gambling, I bought 97 shares of ETHE which is enough for 1 Ether. Bought at the bell for 16.00. Now you kids leave me alone and let me get back to my actively passive investing.

:)

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: RUTGERS95 and RU-05
Selling BABA on news that the US is considering adding it to the stock ban.

Steve Weiss talked about it the other day on the halftime report, good company but just too many potential hurdles. Easier stocks to own.

Hey don't blame me when it tanks.
YOU get the credit or blame! LOL. It's fun to learn about something new. Besides, it's a relatively small amount, even for our brokerage account (which is also one of our smaller accounts).

Reactions: RU-05
I still like oil, selective reits, and lng
Took that BABA money and bought BP.

I like oil in 2021 as well, but BP brings the potential for a pivot towards hydrogen, which, as is evidenced by the PLUG/SK deal, continues to make inroads.

yeah me neither but aside from anticipated swings, the trend on Etherium should be up as it's becoming the platform for all Crypto.
HA! HA! As I said to 05, it's fun to learn about sometime new. Also, even though it is just a small amount, it saves me from worrying about missing out on something that may be big (i.e., cryptos).

ETHE is down from a high of 24 a few months ago, so the timing seems reasonable.

Took that BABA money and bought BP.

I like oil in 2021 as well, but BP brings the potential for a pivot towards hydrogen, which, as is evidenced by the PLUG/SK deal, continues to make inroads.
true but XOM is the play there imho. I do like the transports as well.

Reactions: ScarletNut
To you and @RUTGERS95 - okay you crazy bastards, for fun and gambling, I bought 97 shares of ETHE which is enough for 1 Ether. Bought at the bell for 16.00. Now you kids leave me alone and let me get back to my actively passive investing.

:)

giphy.gif
Good for you, nothing wrong with dipping your toe. More fun to dip would be MARA since it mirrors the mining of crypto, moves a little more dramatically. In any event, have fun.

How long can Red China's money continue to prop up this market?They're the only ones with a long term benefit from yesterday's Kent State re-enactment.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT