ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

INTC has broken the 200DMA and trading just above 38 currently. A close below would skew negative. Also this morning saw Cramer mention a Bernstein report where the analyst harpooned Gelsinger. I was kind of indifferent to him and didn't think too much of him but gives me the impression of Immelt, which isn't a good thing....talk big but don't execute. I like under promise over deliver not the other way around. Mind you I did see the same analyst back in 2021 say Gelsinger was the right man for the job. So it's good to know what analysts say and they can move stocks but they also need to be taken with grains of salt.

I think my assumption of dead money is right and maybe it takes a 2 handle to assume that "risk" of dead money if it got that low. They need to find their Lisa Su/Satya Nadella but they go through CEOs and not much changes in terms of MO.

Gelsinger is having the same probs building Fabs on the US that taiwan semi is. It’s just a bigger portion on INTC’s master plan.

Gelsinger is having the same probs building Fabs on the US that taiwan semi is. It’s just a bigger portion on INTC’s master plan.
Just saw Samsung is upping its investment to 44B to build semis in Texas.

The more I see the less inclined I am to take a chance on prolonged dead money with INTC unless its at a steep discount from where it is now as in back to the 20s. Confidence with their ability to execute is still a cloud over them imo.

Reactions: RU-05
Boeing with all the problems people expect...dispersal of responsibility, DEI, weak identity, accountants vs engineers etc.

"I have been speaking with a Boeing insider who has direct knowledge of the company’s leadership decisions. He tells a story of elite dysfunction, financial abstraction, and a DEI bureaucracy that has poisoned the culture, creating a sense of profound alienation between the people who occupy the executive suite and those who build the airplanes."

“It’s an Empty Executive Suite”​

An insider explains what has gone disastrously wrong with Boeing.

https://webcache.googleusercontent....ider-explains-what-has-gone-wrong-with-boeing

Multiple Tesla stories out there putting pressure on the stock, testing and holding, yet again the low $160’s

One of our friend's wives was trying to leaving a restaurant parking lot, got in her Tesla, car wouldn't start and she was locked inside and the door wouldn't open. It was late and a good samaritan from the restaurant came out to help and had to finally break the glass to get her out.

One of our friend's wives was trying to leaving a restaurant parking lot, got in her Tesla, car wouldn't start and she was locked inside and the door wouldn't open. It was late and a good samaritan from the restaurant came out to help and had to finally break the glass to get her out.
So a Tesla owner doesn't know how to use the manual door release? It's literally 2 inches away from the power door button.

Today's Darwin Award winner 🏆

GE and GEV have a been trading a little erratically since the spinoff, some solid moves and reversals intraday. GE seems to have stabilized on gone back on its tear the last couple days. GEV had a pop then drop and mostly muted to a little negative since.

I kind of wonder if some shareholders are selling off GEV and adding onto GE, especially retail.

I said above 190s-low 200s would be a spot I'd look to sell off some of my highest priced shares. Reverse engineering the spinoff, it's in the low end of that range now.

I think for GE now it's about 150s-160s area and today it's just come into that range. I'll likely sell about 1/4 of what I still hold and the highest price shares.

Somewhere in the future, I'll probably sell off 1/2 of the GEV shares I got in the spinoff but not yet. Would like to see how that stock settles. I wonder if it can somewhat replicate the move GEHC had after the spinoff.

Edit: here we go again GEV down 6% intraday out of nowhere.
Carter Worth also thinks 160 area will be some resistance and that it’s had a great run up to the level it was at about 8 years ago. He had a head and shoulders bottom on the charts for this massive move to this point.

I’d be skeptical and releasing it on a Friday afternoon. That should be big news released at a more opportune time not with the “Friday trash.”
It would seem to me they likely had something more traditional planned but the Reuters article nixed that.

So a Tesla owner doesn't know how to use the manual door release? It's literally 2 inches away from the power door button.

Today's Darwin Award winner 🏆
I bought more TSLA today. Just to get it back to my normal allocation. Got a feeling some important AI news may drop soon.

Also added to AAPL.

Your streak of being wrong on most things EV will remain intact.

CT will be both high production and profitable. Context matters. My comment was to the broader EV market where everyone is struggling with both.
We all know where you are coming from. We get it. You own a lot of Tesla stock so keep pumping it. Hope you took some profit before this painful decline.

It would seem to me they likely had something more traditional planned but the Reuters article nixed that.
No need to respond at all to any reports of Reuters or whomever. Companies often don’t comment reports, rumors etc… If this is significant news, you treat it as such and as planned.

Funny people still believe Musk.

In 2015, Elon Musk told shareholders that Tesla's cars would achieve "full autonomy" within three years. In 2016, he said Tesla would able to send one of its cars on a cross-country drive without requiring any human intervention by the end of the following year.

It’s 2024. He is just trying to stop the free fall. Fully expect nothing new on 8/8.

We all know where you are coming from. We get it. You own a lot of Tesla stock so keep pumping it. Hope you took some profit before this painful decline.
I have no need to pump anything. I'm an investor, and dips are a blessing. I'm just a fan of the truth. I'll always be here to help you discern fact from fiction.

Funny people still believe Musk.

In 2015, Elon Musk told shareholders that Tesla's cars would achieve "full autonomy" within three years. In 2016, he said Tesla would able to send one of its cars on a cross-country drive without requiring any human intervention by the end of the following year.

It’s 2024. He is just trying to stop the free fall. Fully expect nothing new on 8/8.

You shouldn't hold innovators accountable on timelines when they're trying to accomplish the impossible. What if someone told you they could cure cancer within a year, but instead it took them 5 years? Would you shit on them too?

Speaking of...what are you're thoughts on FSD Version 12?

• Haha
Reactions: jtung230
You shouldn't hold innovators accountable on timelines when they're trying to accomplish the impossible. What if someone told you they could cure cancer within a year, but instead it took them 5 years? Would you shit on them too?

Speaking of...what are you're thoughts on FSD Version 12?
As an investor, you need to hold everyone accountable. Especially if you are counting on it to justify the valuation. Life science companies go bankrupt before they find a money maker. I don’t know how you are comparing curing cancer to robotaxi. I don’t own a Tesla so can’t comment on FSD at all.

As an investor, you need to hold everyone accountable. Especially if you are counting on it to justify the valuation. Life science companies go bankrupt before they find a money maker. I don’t know how you are comparing curing cancer to robotaxi. I don’t own a Tesla so can’t comment on FSD at all.
You just commented on FSD in the previous post.
?

Their earnings this qtr are probably brutal
Should be a kitchen sink report, just like the delivery numbers. Back up the truck and reset the bar.

Speaking of trucks, I saw my first Cybertruck in the Princeton area yesterday. Very cool, but truly crazy looking!

Dion's take on the big jobs report, the upward trend in jobs', commodity prices and the pressures they put on inflation.

Carter Worth also thinks 160 area will be some resistance and that it’s had a great run up to the level it was at about 8 years ago. He had a head and shoulders bottom on the charts for this massive move to this point.
Just read that GE is increasing its dividend. Are they doing buybacks as well?

Just read that GE is increasing its dividend. Are they doing buybacks as well?
Yea they are increasing their dividend by like 250% but the yield will still be low like 1% or less IIRC. They have authorized a 15B buyback as well. I think they're looking to return about 70% or so of FCF back to shareholders. Personally, I don't find them as big reasons to buy the stock.

I wouldn't buy it here myself. I think it's been on a crazy run and I think 150s to 160ish area will be pretty good resistance. I said I'd look to sell a 1/4 of of the highest prices shares I own but I upped it to 1/3. I think it's a good time to ring the register again.

That being said I still like the company long term. I think Culp is a great CEO, aviation industry is doing well and they have their balance sheet in order now. I actually think BA problems are kind of a plus for GE. If BA is delaying deliveries that means planes sitting in a fleet are older so they need more servicing which is where GE makes the bulk of its revenue. They don't make much if any money on selling new engines. If the engine is new then it'll be some time before it'll need service. It's the servicing where they make the killing, kind of like the razors/blades or printers/cartridges model.

On another note, GEV has been a crazy erratic yoyo after the spin. I should've known better. It occurred to me but I didn't think to actually act on my expectation. I thought investors, specifically retail might sell GEV after the spinoff just to cash in on a sort of "unknown" or move it over to GE so I should've expected the decline after the spin. The level and speed of decline was a bit surprising though. I could've sold at least some after the spin and bought it back if I really wanted at a lower price. JPM raised it to overweight though from neutral after this selloff and it is rebounding some now. I'd like to think most of the spinoff volatility has been worked through and it will come back to some equilibrium soon.

Reactions: redking
Yea they are increasing their dividend by like 250% but the yield will still be low like 1% or less IIRC. They have authorized a 15B buyback as well. I think they're looking to return about 70% or so of FCF back to shareholders. Personally, I don't find them as big reasons to buy the stock.

I wouldn't buy it here myself. I think it's been on a crazy run and I think 150s to 160ish area will be pretty good resistance. I said I'd look to sell a 1/4 of of the highest prices shares I own but I upped it to 1/3. I think it's a good time to ring the register again.

That being said I still like the company long term. I think Culp is a great CEO, aviation industry is doing well and they have their balance sheet in order now. I actually think BA problems are kind of a plus for GE. If BA is delaying deliveries that means planes sitting in a fleet are older so they need more servicing which is where GE makes the bulk of its revenue. They don't make much if any money on selling new engines. It's the servicing where they make the killing, kind of like the razors/blades or printers/cartridges model.

On another note, GEV has been a crazy erratic yoyo after the spin. I should've known better. It occurred to me but I didn't think to actually act on my expectation. I thought investors, specifically retail might sell GEV after the spinoff just to cash in on a sort of "unknown" or move it over to GE so I should've expected the decline after the spin. The level and speed of decline was a bit surprising though. I could've sold at least some after the spin and bought it back if I really wanted at a lower price. JPM raised it to overweight though from neutral after this selloff and it is rebounding some now. I'd like to think most of the spinoff volatility has been worked through and it will come back to some equilibrium soon.
I don't own GE directly, but have a large position via my funds. Honestly, I have been eyeing BA for a purchase. Just like DIS and PFE, it's not going anyway and is ripe for a "comeback story" that the financial media loves so much. Thoughts?

I don't own GE directly, but have a large position via my funds. Honestly, I have been eyeing BA for a purchase. Just like DIS and PFE, it's not going anyway and is ripe for a "comeback story" that the financial media loves so much. Thoughts?
I've mentioned BA and MMM above as potential comeback plays similar to GE but both could be a slog just like I said GE would be years ago. MMM just got a new CEO and BA is looking for one and how good that person is will be key just like Culp was.

There's only BA and Airbus, it's not like anyone is going to buy Chinese made planes so being duopoly is intrinsically a good place to be lol. It's just a matter of getting your house in order and executing. I do think BA can drop quite a bit lower so I'm waiting to see if it does.

MMM has settled some pretty big lawsuits and spun off Solventum but they still have some lawsuits overhanging. As much as BA is a headline risk with a plane having an issue, so is MMM if some large dollar figure lawsuit rears its head. MMM has been showing a little strength lately and is at a resistance. Between the 2, I prefer BA but only if it drops quite a bit more.

NKE is another one I have a lookout on. Apparel and discretionary been taking hits lately but I'd still be willing to step in if it drops far enough down like 70s-low 80s vicinity.

I've mentioned BA and MMM above as potential comeback plays similar to GE but both could be a slog just like I said GE would be years ago. MMM just got a new CEO and BA is looking for one and how good that person is will be key just like Culp was.

There's only BA and Airbus, it's not like anyone is going to buy Chinese made planes so being duopoly is intrinsically a good place to be lol. It's just a matter of getting your house in order and executing. I do think BA can drop quite a bit lower so I'm waiting to see if it does.

MMM has settled some pretty big lawsuits and spun off Solventum but they still have some lawsuits overhanging. As much as BA is a headline risk with a plane having an issue, so is MMM if some large dollar figure lawsuit rears its head. MMM has been showing a little strength lately and is at a resistance. Between the 2, I prefer BA but only if it drops quite a bit more.

NKE is another one I have a lookout on. Apparel and discretionary been taking hits lately but I'd still be willing to step in if it drops far enough down like 70s-low 80s vicinity.
I can't get into MMM due to the lawsuits (and uncertainty), but BA is essentially a legal monopoly. Also, travel is absolutely booming and that will continue for a while. So, more planes? :)

Jamie all-in on AI:

AI Just the Thing for JD at JP. In his annual letter to shareholders, released Monday, Jamie Dimon touched on inflation, geopolitics, social media, and the bank’s First Republic deal, but reserved the comments calculated to resound the loudest for artificial intelligence, saying he was convinced that AI would profoundly change society, possibly having as much of an impact on humanity as the printing press, electricity, and computers.

Dimon first mentioned AI in his annual letter in 2017. Today, JPMorgan has more than 2,000 AI and machine-learning employees and data scientists working on 400 applications including fraud detection, marketing, and risk controls. The bank is also exploring the use of generative AI in software engineering, customer service, and efforts to boost employee productivity.

The technology could ultimately touch all of the bank’s roughly 310,000 employees, assisting some workers while replacing others, and forcing the company to retrain workers for new roles. “Over time, we anticipate that our use of AI has the potential to augment virtually every job, as well as impact our workforce composition,” Dimon said. “It may reduce certain job categories or roles, but it may create others as well.” CNBC

Jamie all-in on AI:

AI Just the Thing for JD at JP. In his annual letter to shareholders, released Monday, Jamie Dimon touched on inflation, geopolitics, social media, and the bank’s First Republic deal, but reserved the comments calculated to resound the loudest for artificial intelligence, saying he was convinced that AI would profoundly change society, possibly having as much of an impact on humanity as the printing press, electricity, and computers.

Dimon first mentioned AI in his annual letter in 2017. Today, JPMorgan has more than 2,000 AI and machine-learning employees and data scientists working on 400 applications including fraud detection, marketing, and risk controls. The bank is also exploring the use of generative AI in software engineering, customer service, and efforts to boost employee productivity.

The technology could ultimately touch all of the bank’s roughly 310,000 employees, assisting some workers while replacing others, and forcing the company to retrain workers for new roles. “Over time, we anticipate that our use of AI has the potential to augment virtually every job, as well as impact our workforce composition,” Dimon said. “It may reduce certain job categories or roles, but it may create others as well.” CNBC
I saw that yesterday. He also made comments on rates staying elevated, even mentioned 8% (which I don't think is likely because it would probably send the economy down and self correct anyway). Main point was the JPM was ready for any elevated rate environment.

Also BA news.

I saw that yesterday. He also made comments on rates staying elevated, even mentioned 8% (which I don't think is likely because it would probably send the economy down and self correct anyway). Main point was the JPM was ready for any elevated rate environment.

Also BA news.

Tack on a little more bad news for BA.

AI is key to CBDCs and that's a reason its being pushed so hard.
AI is still just for Newtonian machines that work with pattern recognition and need need programing
The sci-fi stuff comes with quantum.

"Control" is a reason for so much gov salivation over AI.
They want to control peoples finances, cars (driving data already being used to calculate insurance), energy use and on and on - its chains and and not liberation. IRS salivates over AI implementation - they want to do your taxes and send you bills (not all justified ). Thankfully DJT is against CBDC but he has to be allowed to win.

Your 'Connected' Car May Be Transmitting Your Driving Data to Insurance Companies​

Last edited:
Reactions: RUTGERS95

JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon warns the world is on fire — and plenty of people are way too bullish​

Jamie Dimon is deeply concerned about international relations — and worries investors are too optimistic about threats such as inflation, interest rates, and recession.

I think more people are focused on the war comments than AI.
US made a huge mess in Europe and is chasing investors away with confiscating Russian people's assest.
US throwing Israel over the side and Israeli enemies salivating.

Now US Muslims chanting death to America in Michigan and Ds afraid of losing votes (and they hate Israel anyway). People know big war coming and it will happen on US turf as well this time.

Realize the Coast Guard is lame, the Navy is a mess, the National Guard is a mess. A few cyber attacks and the barbarians will be flooding-in from all directions with not much to stop them. A lot of cities have the same barbarians but US made. US already being sacked. Gold would be worth a lot more if not for crypto taking a share

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT