ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

Tsla’s china sales were down 18% yoy in April. Down 30% from March

Overall EV sales were up in china.
does that include the new vehicle sales to the state that are then parked for good in their EV graveyards?

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the people’s republic of China and to the communist for which it stands…….
TSLA does poorly in China = you complain
TSLA does well in China = you complain

Hmm.....I think I see a pattern here. LOL!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the people’s republic of China and to the communist for which it stands…….
Elon is a citizen of South Africa, Canada, and the USA. In 2019 he was offered permanent residency status by the Chinese premier. He knows no allegiance except to himself.

Reactions: redking
Got stopped out on Disney today. Bought at $79.5 several months ago, so made out nicely. Overall, ho-hum day.

Old news. Elon was in China and worked everything out. TSLA is no longer on the bad list.
I know you are tom foolin, but the month over month drops suggests this is more then just a naughty list issue. Just as Elon warned, the chinese auto makers are ascending towards domination.......In china at least.

Was toying with the idea of buying some BYDDY(OTC). Or maybe Li, or Nio.

TSLA needs to start earning FSD revenue in the worst way.

What's your CB on DIS? If it dips a bit, I may jump back in or do leap calls. I'm eyeing SBUX for a bottom feeder play. Boeing as well.
$139ish.

Fast Money crew thought it had a little bit more downside here, perhaps fill that gap after it reported 1st qtr earnings in feb, but that would likely be a good entry point.

MS kept it overweight post earnings with a $135 PT.

I didn't add when it was way down, I'll probably take the opportunity here though.

MS with a buy rating on RIVN. Apparently there is an Apple/Rivian collaboration rumor out there.

General idea was the data Rivian is collecting has value that Apple, on it's own, can not replicate.

Down 7% at the moment in pretrading, my CB here is embarrassing, been waiting for something that looks like a bottom to add, I think this is showing signs of that, ie currently trading above lows after last qtr's earnings, but we shall see, 1 year and 5 year charts still say falling knife.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
As an extension of the above, the MS analyst was pondering if and when the legacies get credit for the data their vehicles are collecting. Yes no where near TSLA level data at this point, but data nonetheless and if autonomous is in our future, then that data has value. Thinks that could be the driver to multiple expansion for, what I believe is, the lowest multiple's in the market.

Huge earnings season so far and Q2 will be even better. HC, Energy, and Materials start to lap better comps, instead of the COVID crazy years:

Reactions: RU-05
MS with a buy rating on RIVN. Apparently there is an Apple/Rivian collaboration rumor out there.

General idea was the data Rivian is collecting has value that Apple, on it's own, can not replicate.

Down 7% at the moment in pretrading, my CB here is embarrassing, been waiting for something that looks like a bottom to add, I think this is showing signs of that, ie currently trading above lows after last qtr's earnings, but we shall see, 1 year and 5 year charts still say falling knife.
Saw a CNBC clip talking about how RIVN can partner with AAPL on AI and advance their self-driving capabilities. Sounds logical. Apple'fying the R2 would be pretty awesome.

I may have to buy this dip. I think Dec 2026 calls are now available?

Huge earnings season so far and Q2 will be even better. HC, Energy, and Materials start to lap better comps, instead of the COVID crazy years:

After a big expected jump in Q2, energy expected to be flat into Q3-4.

Health care looks great from here on out.

Materials lag, but then gain steam in the 2nd half.

Saw a CNBC clip talking about how RIVN can partner with AAPL on AI and advance their self-driving capabilities. Sounds logical. Apple'fying the R2 would be pretty awesome.

I may have to buy this dip. I think Dec 2026 calls are now available?
They are, but I only see strikes up to $20.

Pretty hefty premium. That far out on the timeline I'd rather be farther out of the money.

They are, but I only see strikes up to $20.

Pretty hefty premium. That far out on the timeline I'd rather be farther out of the money.
I see $20 calls for $3.35'ish, which isn't too bad, especially since it will drop a bit today. Leaps are probably a good way to take a swing at a turnaround without risking too much money. Start small and then add if it dips more.

Thinking about Leaps for SBUX and BA as well.

After a big expected jump in Q2, energy expected to be flat into Q3-4.

Health care looks great from here on out.

Materials lag, but then gain steam in the 2nd half.
As for HC.....CURE is your friend. :)

Reactions: RU-05

I mentioned i was buying some RIVN (100% a gamble, zero actual knowledge, I think their cars look cool)

First purchase was 2/22 at 11.39/share. Bought a little more at 10.23 and then 9.44. I made my final stand (the Alamo) at 8.50/share and doubled my total share amount.
I just got back to breakeven this week.... only to watch it tumble 9% today.

I just bought more at 9.50... i'm an addict

Is UBER a buy after its one-time/surprise quarterly loss?
I just can’t invest in the company. The business model has a major flaw that may eventually impact the company. The flaw is that the drivers aren’t really earning reasonable pay when you factor in car repairs, gas and depreciation. The IRS has estimated that the cost per mile for driving the average car is 67 cents. Repairs, depreciation and gas takes a huge chunk out of their “real” earnings. I feel that in the long term, ride share companies will have to pay a higher rate to their drivers.

Another job I don’t understand is food delivery. My son delivered food for an Italian restaurant. I calculated that he essentially made close to nothing after factoring in all auto costs…. and his one car fender bender in the restaurant’s parking lot resulted in him earning less than zero.

I just can’t invest in the company. The business model has a major flaw that may eventually impact the company. The flaw is that the drivers aren’t really earning reasonable pay when you factor in car repairs, gas and depreciation. The IRS has estimated that the cost per mile for driving the average car is 67 cents. Repairs, depreciation and gas takes a huge chunk out of their “real” earnings. I feel that in the long term, ride share companies will have to pay a higher rate to their drivers.

Another job I don’t understand is food delivery. My son delivered food for an Italian restaurant. I calculated that he essentially made close to nothing after factoring in all auto costs…. and his one car fender bender in the restaurant’s parking lot resulted in him earning less than zero.
One big threat to UBER is when/if TSLA ever gets full-self driving operational. Robo-taxis will kill UBER unless there is a partnership.

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
Is UBER a buy after its one-time/surprise quarterly loss?
I'm still in it for a double, and it's my largest position, so I won't be adding, but I'm thinking the long term trajectory is still profitable, it's rev's keep growing(13ish% yoy), and they are fairly cheap(less then 4x) on that metric.

Lots of news releases on MULN lately and the stock has moved up significantly percentage wise. I have a feeling they're an acquisition target. Too bad my thousands of shares were reversed split multiple times to a measly 5 shares.

And my highly insightful answer to that is.....I have no freaking idea. :)
Exactly my answer. I can see Tesla doing it themselves or companies popping up to do so. As an individual I’m not so sure. I own a Tesla but I can’t imagine I’d want to send it out as a driverless Uber when I’m not using it. Now, if I could buy one (likely an extra vehicle) for the proposed $25k, charging is already free at home, let Tesla throw in subsidized or free charging when being used as a robotaxi and if they provide the car insurance at a reasonable rate, I could see considering it. Wouldn’t take too much in the way of renting it out to cover costs that way. Many more what if’s to work through.

The question there is, which one of those two wants to own, charge, insure, and maintain, a whole fleet of robo taxis?
I fully expect Uber’s platform would be open to robo-taxis, although I still don’t understand if Tesla or individuals/companies are buying the cars. Also, robo-taxis are years away from being able to fully navigate cities and local areas - which are obviously the centers of taxi activity.

I fully expect Uber’s platform would be open to robo-taxis, although I still don’t understand if Tesla or individuals/companies are buying the cars. Also, robo-taxis are years away from being able to fully navigate cities and local areas - which are obviously the centers of taxi activity.
I don’t think anyone would want to give Uber a cut when they don’t have to. Tesla has its own platform for this. They have said they will sell robotaxis directly to the public and operate them themselves if needed. Robo-taxis are about ready now to operate in cities. Waymo is doing it but have remote operators available as a backup.

I was just thinking about the logistics of doing this personally and I’d definitely want the option of limiting where my car could go. Keeping it local/within cities would be necessary.

Im just following Josh Browns lead there.

NRG, after a rough start, is a good one of mine. Fantastic looking one year chart. Up 150% over that time frame.
Yesterday's live show (WAYTs) was pretty good and funny. JB going JB.

Im just following Josh Browns lead there.

NRG, after a rough start, is a good one of mine. Fantastic looking one year chart. Up 150% over that time frame.
By the way, is NRG a utility or energy company? I see it described both ways. LOL!

By the way, is NRG a utility or energy company? I see it described both ways. LOL!
I always thought it was a utility, and ETrades list it as such.

Electricity production is their main business.

They do sell nat gas to consumers, but I'm not sure if they are part of the extraction process, which I believe is the difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT