ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

I look for values in my fast food, Whopper Wednesdays at BK.

And I'm not adding in fries or a drink, $3 and I'm out.

Chipotle has their rewards, and I recently got a free burrito out of it, but if it's Wednesay, I'm going to to BK.
Now that is financial advice I need. I had no idea I could get a Whopper for $3.

• Haha
Reactions: rutgersguy1
Now that is financial advice I need. I had no idea I could get a Whopper for $3.
Shhhh Keep it quiet…and the deal applies to the Impossible Whopper for us centrists who want the taste of beef but can do without the cruelty and all the cholesterol.
burger king GIF

Sounds like June if the next round of inflation comes in soft. Make the first cut and then get out of the way for the election. Second cut in December.
Need inflation numbers to come in a bit, but I wouldn’t rule out one in June, one in September.

Shhhh Keep it quiet…and the deal applies to the Impossible Whopper for us centrists who want the taste of beef but can do without the cruelty and all the cholesterol.
burger king GIF
I get the impossible.

Unfortunately the coupons don’t work on the impossible but whopper Wednesday does.

I get the impossible.

Unfortunately the coupons don’t work on the impossible but whopper Wednesday does.
The Impossible Whopper is for sissies. Man-up and eat meat. As for the $3 deal, pretty good. I would assume even a Whopper Jr is already more expensive than that.

Nice way to end the week. I bet we float higher next week and if the next CPI report on 5/15 is soft, we are heading straight back to new ATHs.

Yikes!!!!! This is a wake up call folks. This explains a lot of how our political leaders got us into this pile of debt. Many are clueless when it comes to macroeconomics..
While non-economist Jared Bernstein serves as Chair, economists Heather Boushey and Kirabo Jackson are his council members.

Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway cut Apple investment by about 13% in the first quarter
I guess Buffett wants to keep his AAPL position to under 50% of BRK's portfolio. Just good risk management. :)

@rurahrah000
PLTR reports tomorrow. How are they looking? Time to buy calls before the close?
Overall long term outlook is still great although this quarter maybe a challenging one. They might miss. I don’t think they have completely built the infrastructure for such rapid growth. I can see investors punishing them for that. I would consider that a buying opportunity.

DELL is the one I am looking at as well.

BAH, HUBS, SOUN, RXRX all reporting soon. Except for BAH, they are all reporting this week.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Jeff deGraaf, big technicals guy, was on the compound last week. Thought this recent move by the chinese stocks was only the initial leg of a much bigger move.

We talked Baba last week. Thought above $80 was a sign of a breakout, so bought some this morning.

Brown mentioned PFE as having a similar chart. We talked about it too. Waiting for it to get above $28.

Another great show for those interested.

Overall long term outlook is still great although this quarter maybe a challenging one. They might miss. I don’t think they have completely built the infrastructure for such rapid growth. I can see investors punishing them for that. I would consider that a buying opportunity.

DELL is the one I am looking at as well.

BAH, HUBS, SOUN, RXRX all reporting soon. Except for BAH, they are all reporting this week.
Interesting mention of RXRX. I really like this biotech as well and they may have a few big updates with their earnings on May 9. Probably a good idea to get some short-term calls in place.

Keep an eye on COYA. Long way from a product on the market, but they are working on the holy grail of medicine (Alzheimer's) and may have some good news in the near future. I have a small position, just shares since I am unsure of the timing.

Jeff deGraaf, big technicals guy, was on the compound last week. Thought this recent move by the chinese stocks was only the initial leg of a much bigger move.

We talked Baba last week. Thought above $80 was a sign of a breakout, so bought some this morning.

Brown mentioned PFE as having a similar chart. We talked about it too. Waiting for it to get above $28.

Another great show for those interested.
Definitely a great episode. Love the positive talk on PFE.....to the moon! I have a small BABA and FXI play in my Roth IRAs, but nothing in my personal account. I've had my hand slapped so many times with China. It makes perfect sense for it to rally hard now, but still cautious due to past experience. Perhaps a small options play?

The Man:

Reactions: Postman_1
Definitely a great episode. Love the positive talk on PFE.....to the moon! I have a small BABA and FXI play in my Roth IRAs, but nothing in my personal account. I've had my hand slapped so many times with China. It makes perfect sense for it to rally hard now, but still cautious due to past experience. Perhaps a small options play?

The Man:

It's all personal....

The Man:

And as deGraaf notes in the show sell in May has no historical basis. Sell in July and say goodbye does. He expected a good rip into mid july.

What was the rule for double tops in terms of the downside move that needs to follow?

Wondering in regards to UNH which is hanging in at$493

What was the rule for double tops in terms of the downside move that needs to follow?

Wondering in regards to UNH which is hanging in at$493
Not about UNH specifically, but the HC sector is going to experience massive earnings in Q2. It's been running at -20% since 2023 due to the 2022 comp year (which was inflated by COVID). 2024 Q2 will likely flip to +20% since it starts to lap easier comps.

Many of the HC lagging companies may start to rally. Still holding on CURE which is already up nicely.

FYI - Energy will experience the same dynamic in Q2. All this as per Tom Lee/FS Insights.

Reactions: RU-05 and Postman_1

The Man:

Love Tom Lee except when he talks Bitcoin. I wonder what he feels Bitcoin is worth intrinsically. As much as Microsoft?🤔 Or does he just think it should double with every halving in perpetuity?

Reactions: redking
Love Tom Lee except when he talks Bitcoin. I wonder what he feels Bitcoin is worth intrinsically. As much as Microsoft?🤔 Or does he just think it should double with every halving in perpetuity?
Like with many things, BTC has value because enough people believe it has value (especially younger people). Pretty simple.

Interesting mention of RXRX. I really like this biotech as well and they may have a few big updates with their earnings on May 9. Probably a good idea to get some short-term calls in place.

Keep an eye on COYA. Long way from a product on the market, but they are working on the holy grail of medicine (Alzheimer's) and may have some good news in the near future. I have a small position, just shares since I am unsure of the timing.
PLTR is quite a bit today. Let’s see how the earnings look. Maybe $25 will become the new support level.

Tsla’s china sales were down 18% yoy in April. Down 30% from March

Overall EV sales were up in china.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT