ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

Our national energy grid will need to be continually upgraded and expanded to serve new and growing demands (AI, EVs, etc.). Looking into the construction and equipment side of this vs the power companies themselves...
Materials? I do own FCX.

What other ways do you think it can be played?

INTC closes the day at $30 on the dot. Drops below in extended.

Susquehana analyst says something along the lines of "they are a very challenged company that is trying to spend their way out of it".

When did PLTR become a $100 B market cap?

40x price to rev's. I could have sworn this was a 20x.

Expensive even if it was the latter. Real expensive at the former. Especially at 20% rev growth.

When did PLTR become a $100 B market cap?

40x price to rev's. I could have sworn this was a 20x.

Expensive even if it was the latter. Real expensive at the former. Especially at 20% rev growth.
Isn't PLTR around $50B'ish cap?

Isn't PLTR around $50B'ish cap?
That's what I thought. Pretty darn sure I was checking their price to rev's not too long ago and it was 20x.

E-trade and google are both saying $100B market cap, although a little more searching and gurufocus has them around $50B market cap and 20ishx p/s.

So color me confused.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
NRG continues to be a monster.
I'm eyeing a new play.....ZETA. They just popped after a great earnings, but still small market cap. They are an advanced analytics company using AI to raise the bar on marketing insights and planning.

Morgan Stanley is bullish and FS Insights/Tom Lee is doing a webinar with them soon. Looking for an entry point. Perhaps the next SNOW or NOW?

Reactions: Postman_1 and RU-05
I'm eyeing a new play.....ZETA. They just popped after a great earnings, but still small market cap. They are an advanced analytics company using AI to raise the bar on marketing insights and planning.

Morgan Stanley is bullish and FS Insights/Tom Lee is doing a webinar with them soon. Looking for an entry point. Perhaps the next SNOW or NOW?
A double since Jan, with earnings as the exclamation point.

Gap fills is a term that has been ringing a bunch lately. So maybe it fills this earnings gap up and it's a buy at around $13?

Gap fills is a term that has been ringing a bunch lately. So maybe it fills this earnings gap up and it's a buy at around $13?
My individual stocks are normally:

1/2 position - to get started
Full position - where I want to get to
Double position - highest conviction plays with excellent CBs

I may start building to my 1/2 position level sooner rather than later. I have been reviewing ZETA's IR materials and they have a lot of catalysts than may push the market cap higher.

On the FS Insights webinar right now with ZETA. The CEO is chatting with Tom Lee and the CFO is in the chat answering our questions.

They make a compelling case that AI-enhanced marketing is at its infancy. Makes sense. I'm a marketing professional, so this stuff is fascinating. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: RU-05 and Postman_1
SOUN with solid earnings. Still a long way to go and can easily go bankrupt along the way, but should have a good run in the short term. Certainly a name where if the stock runs then you take profit and buy again on pullbacks.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Not off topic. The greatest trader of all time has passes away. This will hit your news feed later today.

RIP J.S.

Reactions: RUDead
What’s the thought on CAVA at new 52-week high of $78.45? Still a buy?
11x price to rev's. Industry avg is 3.5%.

Now the industry doesn't average 30% growth which CAVA is now in the midst of. This also looks to be on a higher end eatery, which I think would earn itself some premium.

MS's last report on CAVA was in Feb, had it as a buy with a $62 price target. The stock was in the low $50's at the time, and had already enjoyed a 60 something % run off it's oct lows.

So now at $78, obviously it's been smoking hot. Would not be surprised if it kept running upwards and then sold off on good quarterly numbers at then end of the month.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Hogleg
Seeing a lot of Rivian R1S out there. Thinking about buying the stock because they do have a good product. However, the R1S is pricey and not sure how many can afford it. The R2 will be good but the EV adaptation is slowing.

NRG does own power generation, including substantial coal-fired, but also is moving away from that space. They provide retail electricity/gas service centered in Houston Texas (Reliant Energy) that is much more what would be called a utility. Power generation provides output to serve their retail customers in Texas providing a natural hedge. But the coal-fired generation is very old and dirty and will be retired. That exposes them to more electric market risk. They did make a large acquisition in 2023 to become a leading "smart home" provider. That business is both green and has considerable growth potential.

Seeing a lot of Rivian R1S out there. Thinking about buying the stock because they do have a good product. However, the R1S is pricey and not sure how many can afford it. The R2 will be good but the EV adaptation is slowing.
LOL. Been thinking the same thing. Seeing a lot of R1s in the Princeton area. Way more than a few months ago. It's a great product. But are they a good business yet?

Good movie. He was never able to take a victory lap.

giphy.gif

Victory lap for what? The only thing the stock was able to do is issue more stock. It trades just like crypto. I hope that nurse in the movie sells this time.
Victory lap for being right about the short squeeze and making a ridiculous amount of money.

Reactions: RU-05
LOL. Been thinking the same thing. Seeing a lot of R1s in the Princeton area. Way more than a few months ago. It's a great product. But are they a good business yet?
Like to know how much they are making on each R1S w/o all the built in start up cost. It will not be a high production EV. But it will help sell the R2. I read that Ferrari makes 200k profit on each car they sell. That’s juicy.

Victory lap for being right about the short squeeze and making a ridiculous amount of money.
Wonder he bought GME before he posted today? Must be right again because he will make money. There were a lot of 🦍 that lost money on that trade. But why let the facts get in the way.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Like to know how much they are making on each R1S w/o all the built in start up cost. It will not be a high production EV. But it will help sell the R2. I read that Ferrari makes 200k profit on each car they sell. That’s juicy.
Similar to the TSLA playbook.
R1 = Model S
R2 = Model 3

If the R2s scales, RIVN is going to be a big winner in the EV market. Would love to buy RACE.....if it ever pulls back a bit.

Wonder he bought GME before he posted today? Must be right again because he will make money. There were a lot of 🦍 that lost money on that trade. But why let the facts get in the way.
There are people that lose money on every trade. Can't hate on the people that make money. He had the guts to make a crazy bet and it paid off.

There are people that lose money on every trade. Can't hate on the people that make money. He had the guts to make a crazy bet and it paid off.
Yes, but he made money from those people. He needed them to get the short squeeze. He sold them on the “fundamentals” of GME.

Reactions: RUAldo
Yes, but he made money from those people. He needed them to get the short squeeze. He sold them on the “fundamentals” of GME.
Doesn't every "winning" trade have a corresponding "losing" trade? For everyone that bought NVDA before the AI pump, something sold those shares. Right?

Reactions: rutgersguy1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT