ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

Cramer just mentioned it, but cutting in July does have a panicky feeling to it, or at least a rushed one.

Granted it probably makes sense at this point, but seems more likely that this just locks in Sept. What we could see though, especially if numbers keep coming in cooler, is a .5 cut in Sept. That is maybe what this opens up.
Maybe Powell will use July to telegraph the Sept cut? Something like that.

Down 7%(and it was up 1% when the news broke).

Its' probably just that it's so ready that they thought it would be better to wait.

Hoping for a bounce back in the next day or two, but I don't think I hang in to earnings in a couple weeks.

Edit: Looks like UBER is bouncing on the news.
Who is surprised by this?

Reactions: rutgersguy1
DAQ down .8% the RUT up 2.89%.

J Brown has been talking about how the divergence in large caps to the rest of the market typically resolves with small caps to the upside, and this is a good sign that this will again be the case.
One hell of a rotation to small caps. Tom Lee never wavered on his call.

Reactions: Postman_1 and RU-05
@T2Kplus20, I asked you before and your response was appreciated. GPCR seems to be hot right now. Any new insights or is it just along for the weight loss drug ride? It is one of the few with a promising oral weight loss option.
Let me check out GPCR again tonight. Small caps and biotech are ripping today. I have been watching VKTX for a new GLP-1 play. I like this one a bit more than GPCR, but both are good opportunities.

Also looking to find a level to jump into RNA, but I'm very late to the party. Great clinical data.

I don’t know if it’s a shift out of the high tech stocks but MSFT, AAPL, AMZN, NVDA and all Tech ETF are getting hit but all my other stocks are going up probably due to lower inflation. Is this only today or will there be a sell off of the Techs that were at all time highs? I decided to sell some to take some profits.

I don’t know if it’s a shift out of the high tech stocks but MSFT, AAPL, AMZN, NVDA and all Tech ETF are getting hit but all my other stocks are going up probably due to lower inflation. Is this only today or will there be a sell off of the Techs that were at all time highs? I decided to sell some to take some profits.
Just a healthy rotation. Upcoming earnings for big tech are going to be epic. It's okay for these stocks to go down from time to time.

Reactions: RU-05
should be raising, not cutting

still 3.1% higher than last year and in all the wrong places

not a great report for the consumer

Anyone who has used the latest version of FSD knows that robotaxis are not happening anytime soon. Musk probably spread the rumors to get his compensation package passed by voters.
Musk wouldn't do something like that! :)

As per your other message, I have been holding UWM, CURE, and QLD for about a year (little more for QLD). I held TQQQ for 13-14 months and doubled the position. Plans for UWM and CURE are to capture a big rally and close the position by the end of the year. Smalls caps should rally on interest rate cuts and HC on earnings growth for the next 3-4 quarters. If I double UWM, I will close it out early. These positions are in rollover IRAs, so no tax issues.

As for QLD. Already up over 2x in both accounts. Not sure what I will do with these. I'm tempted for hold super long. Not sure yet. And thoughts?

should be raising, not cutting

still 3.1% higher than last year and in all the wrong places

not a great report for the consumer
CPI headline YoY was 3.0%. Inflation is over. Time to start cutting down to neutral. Perhaps 3.5%'ish?

CPI headline YoY was 3.0%. Inflation is over. Time to start cutting down to neutral. Perhaps 3.5%'ish?
should not cut

you understand stuff costs 3% more than this time last year and that was just the average? Have you actually looked into the data? this was not a good report

I'd raise 100bps and implode everything to reset

Reactions: RUinPinehurst
should not cut

you understand stuff costs 3% more than this time last year and that was just the average? Have you actually looked into the data? this was not a good report

I'd raise 100bps and implode everything to reset
Prices were deflationary this month. YoY is just lagged math. Inflation is over.

Who is surprised by this?
The TSLA employs were likely shocked when he originally announced this for August.

They are likely at full bore right now to get something ready for presentation, and will likely continue to be full bore right until it happens. Lets see if it does in Oct.

The TSLA employs were likely shocked when he originally announced this for August.

They are likely at full bore right now to get something ready for presentation, and will likely continue to be full bore right until it happens. Lets see if it does in Oct.
TSLA down 8%, but my new UBER position up 6.5%. LOL! Out one pocket and into another.

What were those managed small cap funds you were talking about a couple months ago?
My small cap plays (besides UWM):

VB - Vanguard Small Cap Index
VBK - Vanguard Small Cap Growth Index
FS Insights SMID Cap Stock List
OTCFX - T Rowe Price Small Cap Stocks

I got out of T Rowe Price New Horizons due to a fund manager change (PRNHX). Actively managed small caps funds are tricky. A new one worth looking at is TMSL (T Rowe Price Small-Mid Cap ETF).

My small cap plays (besides UWM):

VB - Vanguard Small Cap Index
VBK - Vanguard Small Cap Growth Index
FS Insights SMID Cap Stock List
OTCFX - T Rowe Price Small Cap Stocks

I got out of T Rowe Price New Horizons due to a fund manager change (PRNHX). Actively managed small caps funds are tricky. A new one worth looking at is TMSL (T Rowe Price Small-Mid Cap ETF).
Check out AVUV....

Reactions: T2Kplus20 and RU-05
Man Morgan Stanley has been bullish on TSLA lately. Bunch of notes from robotaxi to energy storage to phones.

Today they put out a note stating that TSLA's energy storage, because of the heat, is more important then AI. The note was complete with an anecdote about the author jogging and how hot it was.

The note dropped at 3PM and not a word on the AI delay.

Wondering if they haven't lost some objectivity.

Man Morgan Stanley has been bullish on TSLA lately. Bunch of notes from robotaxi to energy storage to phones.

Today they put out a note stating that TSLA's energy storage, because of the heat, is more important then AI. The note was complete with an anecdote about the author jogging and how hot it was.

Good summary here. Barely a word about cars…

Reactions: T2Kplus20

I would not be shocked if the announce date gets eventually pushed back to after the election where it will be drowned out in the chaos.

I’m a big seller on energy storage. It’s too expensive and doesn’t outperform Generac.

I would not be shocked if the announce date gets eventually pushed back to after the election where it will be drowned out in the chaos.
One theory presented on Fast Money was robotaxi presentation was pushed back so they could get a working model ready for people to get in.

Which kind of made sense, but now that I think about, do they not have one ready now? I mean this robotaxi is not a new idea. It's been a huge part of the bull case for multiple years. I figured they've been fairly well tested even if not ready for prime time. Now they are not even ready for some hype rally car show?

I'm so hoping for a bounce tomorrow so I can get out with a 20+% gain.

Last edited:
Reactions: rurahrah000
One theory presented on Fast Money was robotaxi presentation was pushed back so they could get a working model ready for people to get in.

Which kind of made sense, but now that I think about, do they not have one ready now? I mean this robotaxi is not a new idea. It's been a huge part of the bull case for multiple years. I figured they've been fairly well tested out even if not ready for prime time. Now they are not even ready for some hype rally car show?

I'm so hoping for a bounce tomorrow so I can get out with a 20+% gain.
Your second thought makes more sense. I would assume that the robotaxi is going to be based on the data collected from their FSD and using the software from FSD as well. As a user of FSD, I can tell you that even though they have made significant improvement from their first reintegration, it is nowhere near ready to be used independently. My guess is that it is at least a few years away. Just like most technology, the last mile is the hardest. At this point, people should only be betting on TSLA if they have full faith in Musk, The guy is a genius and anyone who can do it, it will be him.

Reactions: T2Kplus20 and RU-05
Your second thought makes more sense. I would assume that the robotaxi is going to be based on the data collected from their FSD and using the software from FSD as well. As a user of FSD, I can tell you that even though they have made significant improvement from their first reintegration, it is nowhere near ready to be used independently. My guess is that it is at least a few years away. Just like most technology, the last mile is the hardest. At this point, people should only be betting on TSLA if they have full faith in Musk, The guy is a genius and anyone who can do it, it will be him.
AND they have a shit ton of driving data. Way more then anyone else.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
I keep reading that the next version of FSD will be a huge step forward. Not sure when that is coming out, but it can be a significant catalyst for the stock.

Finally IBM and UNH(earning on the 16th) are positive for me to sell some and accounts are at their highest balance. BDX moving up closer to earnings. Buying some more META down about $35.

Not sure. They just went in a very ambitious, and cap ex heavy, direction.

I think it still could pay off.

Not sure how long it took before GE turned around under this CEO.
It took about a handful of years but it could’ve been sooner if not for the pandemic.

I’ve said it before, GE was a bad a situation as you’ll find..real threat of bankruptcy at one time. Pieces had to be sold to bring down big debt, old skeletons from GE Capital had to be dealt with, worthless merger that had to be dealt with, etc…and throw in a pandemic that affected travel which directly impacted the best part of company.

INTC isn’t anything like that but just horrible execution and delivery for many years imo. AMD turned themselves around and they were nothing and had to be kept afloat as a competitor for INTC at one time so it’s always possible but depends on management.

What makes ZETA a special company for you guys?

Growth and not expensive on price to revs.

The run up is now extreme but i like the overall momentum as well. The one year but also since the 2022 lows.

If you’re asking what i like about the actual company I can’t say ive heard of it away from the ticker.

As Peter Lynch said - "This sucker is going up!"

Seriously, I learned about ZETA from a webinar via FS Insights (Tom Lee's shop). Outstanding presentation and a long Q&A with members, including me. I had a lengthy Zoom chat with the CFO. What clicked with me is their work applying AI to marketing, promotions, and managing customers. I am a marketing professional. I can use this big-time. It makes perfect sense what they are doing.

Reviewed their IR materials and love that they are building a propriety database, which gives them a legit moat. I even spoke to my ad agency (one of the biggest on Madison Ave) and key strategic consultant companies about ZETA. Both have direct experience with them and gave their services high marks.

And as RU-05 said, the fundamentals look good, so I'm bullish. I may become one of their customers in the future.

I bought bunch of your ZETA today. It better not let me down. I don't want to lose faith in you.

• Haha
Reactions: RU-05 and T2Kplus20
I bought bunch of your ZETA today. It better not let me down. I don't want to lose faith in you.
If it makes you feel better, I'm in the same boat! It's my largest small cap stock play, cost basis around $16.

In other news, back well into the green on my PFE leap calls. In addition to a small cap rally, I believe/hope HC is poised for a rip.

I've been listening to Walter Isaacson's bio of Musk on Spotify. Musk made an interesting point about his self-driving cars. A few people have been killed, but Musk asks "how many lives were saved?" . A good point even though I still don't think people want an electric car tied to a dilapidated grid that is now supposed to be mugged by AI power needs (and of course monthly FBI warnings about grid hackers). I also see some new CCP cars will come with swappable batteries that can be used on trips instead of recharges (kind of like swapping propane tanks instead of refilling) .

Stonks may now take a little summer break from their recent arduous uphill climbs but stonks are still stonks. Fed very likely to cut in September and the dollar has actually been weakening against other currencies after strengthening sharply this spring so the floor for multinational tech stonks may be higher than it would otherwise be during a “correction” or “pause” as folks are probably rightly convinced that sector rotation is now the way to go.
But stonks remain stonks. Long live the stonks!💎🙌🧗‍♂️
MSFT: $453/share.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT