ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

About 50 million Americans own BTC, including a majority of those from younger generations. As the boomers and Schiff's of the world die off, demand for BTC will continue to grow. Simple supply and demand.
Fortune favors the brave. If the celebrities tell you to buy, you must buy it.

Bitcoin is not stonk. Peter Schiff is nothing but a gold salesman huckster scoundrel (but who likes to clip bond coupons anyway😂?) but I think he’s right about Bitcoin.
HODLing is for stonks and bonds only.
Schiff is a genius. Tweet about gold- 57k views. Tweet about Bitcoin- 832k views. He’s probably making $250k a year on Twitter thanks to the Bitcoin hate replies and putting right back into gold.

Reactions: redking
Nice day, sold over half of META but probably buy back when it goes down. Been increasing my CRM, got a long way to go to get to 52 week high.

Last edited:
Nice day, sold over half of META but probably buy back when it goes down. Been increasing my CRM, got a long way to go to get to 52 week high.
Amazing past 18 months. I really hope everyone in the thread has been overweight big tech and growth. Added to my CRM position after the dip. Paid off very well so far!

Reactions: Postman_1
MSFT melted up to $467 today. It is stonk and priced to perfection so if hedgies want to hedge or take profits then please do so at your own peril. Fed funds rate will be cut at least twice this year probably so 2025 looks like more of the same regarding the AI narrative and some P/E multiples stay a bit “stretched.”
How can one tell when a stock is a stonk? I’m not 100% certain, but don’t ask Cathie Wood because ARKK has a whole bunch of UIPATH in it.

Last edited:
MSFT melted up to $467 today. It is stonk and priced to perfection so if hedgies want to hedge or take profits then please do so at your own peril. Fed funds rate will be cut at least twice this year probably so 2025 looks like more of the same regarding the AI narrative and some P/E multiples stay a bit “stretched.”
How can one tell when a stock is a stonk? I’m not 100% certain, but don’t ask Cathie Wood because ARKK has a whole bunch of UIPATH in it.
NVDA has taken a breather for a while and I'm sure MSFT will do the same in the future. However, that doesn't change the fact that MSFT will be one of the big AI winners, so HODL!

NVDA has taken a breather for a while and I'm sure MSFT will do the same in the future. However, that doesn't change the fact that MSFT will be one of the big AI winners, so HODL!
I wonder about the whole “double ordering” thing I keep hearing about regarding NVDA. Not really sure if it is a material concern for their future revenue but I do hear it mentioned a lot…that and the fact that the BigTech titans are looking to make their own AI chips soon. My 401K does have quite a bit of NVDA in it percentage-of-total-holdings-wise so I’m certainly thrilled about the AI bump with that stock.
Maybe this AI ramp up hit at just the right time as I’m approaching retirement and would not be thrilled at all with another decade like the aughts returns-wise.

I wonder about the whole “double ordering” thing I keep hearing about regarding NVDA. Not really sure if it is a material concern for their future revenue but I do hear it mentioned a lot…that and the fact that the BigTech titans are looking to make their own AI chips soon. My 401K does have quite a bit of NVDA in it percentage-of-total-holdings-wise so I’m certainly thrilled about the AI bump with that stock.
Maybe this AI ramp up hit at just the right time as I’m approaching retirement and would not be thrilled at all with another decade like the aughts returns-wise.
Double ordering is a myth. NVDA/Jensen know who is ordering what and issues the appropriate guidance. Actually, they have a history of being very conservative with guidance. BigTech making chips are for applications, not running LLMs. And remember, once you buy NVDA chips you are also committing to the NVDA Cuda ecosystem and software. The moat is massive.

All signs point to this being very early in the new AI paradigm. First comes the equipment (NVDA). Then comes the makers of the technology/models (MSFT, META, GOOGL, OpenAI). Then comes the applications to the consumers (AAPL). And so on. Surely, there will be bumps in the journey, but AI is truly a revolution for society.

As with everything, manage your risk and needs with appropriate positioning and exposure.

Double ordering is a myth. NVDA/Jensen know who is ordering what and issues the appropriate guidance. Actually, they have a history of being very conservative with guidance. BigTech making chips are for applications, not running LLMs. And remember, once you buy NVDA chips you are also committing to the NVDA Cuda ecosystem and software. The moat is massive.

All signs point to this being very early in the new AI paradigm. First comes the equipment (NVDA). Then comes the makers of the technology/models (MSFT, META, GOOGL, OpenAI). Then comes the applications to the consumers (AAPL). And so on. Surely, there will be bumps in the journey, but AI is truly a revolution for society.

As with everything, manage your risk and needs with appropriate positioning and exposure.
I’m now super-overweight MSFT across all accounts but not rich enough nor old enough to now get conservative so I gotta figure out where to dip the toe in again given the stretched valuations as cash will be trash again soon enough.

Last edited:
I’m now super-overweight MSFT across all accounts but not rich enough nor old enough to now get conservative so I gotta figure out where to dip the toe in again given the stretched valuations as cash will be trash again soon enough.
If Bill Gates held his MSFT, he would be a trillionaire now. Instead he listened to that no-nothing Buffet and diversified. Now he’s barely worth $120 billion. Don’t risk not being a trillionaire.

If Bill Gates held his MSFT, he would be a trillionaire now. Instead he listened to that no-nothing Buffet and diversified. Now he’s barely worth $120 billion. Don’t risk not being a trillionaire.
Cannot and will not risk it!
I’m using non-retirement account funds to enhance my diversified 401K returns as I don’t wish to buy an expensive car or some such.
Diversification via an SP500 index fund was certainly the way to go for a 401K the past couple of years especially in today’s AI driven market with “no-longer-zero” interest rates (Fed certainly hates being at ZIRP but must soon loosen) and the persistent international/emerging market opacity regarding anything regulatory and ongoing friend/re-shoring risks and Europe’s persistent lack of real growth.

Last edited:

And what would MSFT be if it didn't have access to the cash it got from issuance of stock and the compensation to employees of stock vs. cash? Some of those shares were originally held by Gates.

And what would MSFT be if it didn't have access to the cash it got from issuance of stock and the compensation to employees of stock vs. cash? Some of those shares were originally held by Gates.
This is neither the time, nor the place to discuss hypotheticals.

Corning CEO on CNBC this morning. He is very very bullish on the company, driven by AI as they are key in the internet-enabling optical fiber as well as glass components for the semiconductor industry.
This makes a lot of sense. I remember hearing about Corning a few weeks ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT