ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

Tom Lee/FS Insights - For 2H of 2024, stick with the winners of 1H. Analysis back to the early 90s show a very high win % for the first half winners leading the way in the second half of a specific year.

2024 scorecard:

The Man on CNBC this morning. Next YE target:

Last edited:
AAPL is up to $216. How much growth is left
so-much-more-vanessa-jo-merrell.gif

AAPL will likely lead the way with monetizing and rolling out AI applications to the masses.

Reactions: RU205
I am 100% letting the tax tail wag my APPL dog. I'd love to trim the position, but I've held for so long I don't wanna pay a massive tax bill this year.

I am 100% letting the tax tail wag my APPL dog. I'd love to trim the position, but I've held for so long I don't wanna pay a massive tax bill this year.
100% agree. For me it makes little sense to sell a stock where I am sitting on a 761% gain, when I have many other stocks that are just as vulnerable to corrections that have lower gains.

100% agree. For me it makes little sense to sell a stock where I am sitting on a 761% gain, when I have many other stocks that are just as vulnerable to corrections that have lower gains.
AAPL is an interesting stock. Obviously Mag 7, yet kind of defensive due to remarkable cash flow, buybacks, and loyal customer base. Probably one of the last stocks that should be sold.

@T2Kplus20 , what do you know/think about GPCR? I just got a strong buy recommendation for this small cap bio company.
I've read about Structure Therapeutics a few weeks ago. It's one of the small companies trying to break into the GLP-1 race (with oral being the holy grail). Viking Therapeutics is also another name that comes up quite often. It's a crowded space and I assume if one of these assets hit in clinical trial, the company would get bought by Novo or Lilly.

I will post more later tonight.

Sorry to hear you lost money on this. At the time I mentioned Ocugen on this board, just a few months ago, it was selling at $0.56 per share. As I write this, it is at $1.76 per share.

I’m definitely staying in. I bought my first 300 shares 3 years ago at $10 per share, and kept buying more as the price kept dropping, all the way down to $0.35 per share, because I believe in the company and the products they’re developing.

Today I have 15,000 shares at 1.69 average. I won’t sell any until it hits almost $5 per share, which I believe will happen this year. Even then I will keep 80% of my holdings longer term.

The catalysts going forward, now that they’ve achieved NASDAQ compliance, include a forthcoming partnership with a big pharma company (rumored to be JnJ but that’s just random speculation because both companies are developing ocular degeneration treatments).

They are starting phase 3 trials next month for one of their ocular treatments and they have started building a factory to manufacture their knee cartilage product.

They also have a nasal delivery vaccine in development.

Please note that I am only sharing what I know and why I’ve been accumulating shares of this stock. None of what I’m saying is intended to be advice or even a recommendation.

Hope this helps, good luck.
Sounds like OCGN may need to do a big raise very soon. May be a good buying opportunity afterwards!

What do you expect to hear on Robotaxi-taxi?
Not exactly sure, that’s why I said the momentum would run into the event. Could very well be a sell the news situation short-term. A demo of the actual vehicle would be nice. If there’s a clear timeline and any connection to a cheaper model, I’d expect this run to continue.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Closed over $230 and blasted through the 200-day MA.
Ya truthfully it's already way ahead of that Apple move. Probably not that comparable.

In other news AMZN is sitting at exactly $200, I feel once it breaks through it could be pretty smooth sailing to $220.

RIVN with a nice day as well. Up nearly 7%.

"Rivian reported second-quarter deliveries of 13,790 vehicles, up about 9% year over year. Wall Street was looking for about 12,000 units. Production dipped though. Rivian made about 9,600 vehicles, down from almost 14,000 produced in the first quarter of 2024."

Reactions: gmay8
RIVN with a nice day as well. Up nearly 7%.

"Rivian reported second-quarter deliveries of 13,790 vehicles, up about 9% year over year. Wall Street was looking for about 12,000 units. Production dipped though. Rivian made about 9,600 vehicles, down from almost 14,000 produced in the first quarter of 2024."
Decreased production was expected due to the plant closure. Need to find a good re-entry point. Also eyeing UBER, may with leap calls. You still in on that one?

Can’t imagine the delivery story is driving this rally. Guessing investors are hoping Musk can pull a rabbit out of his hat during the investor’s day.

Reactions: RUBlackout
MSFT melts upward as retail investors are adhering to the wise Dalai Lama mantra, “if you like the stonk then be the stonk” and while doing so they can also f the hedgies.

SLB, down to near 20 year P/E lows at around 15x.

This despite rev and EPS having grown consistently off the Covid lows. And those rev's and EPS are expected to continue to grow.

So EPS growth as well as multiple expansion possible here.

A big Stephanie Link pick, calls it a stealth technology play, and recently added to her position(I'm thinking of doing the same), though she admits it has dissapointed for nearly a year now.

Current div of 2.36%.

SLB, down to near 20 year P/E lows at around 15x.

This despite rev and EPS having grown consistently off the Covid lows. And those rev's and EPS are expected to continue to grow.

So EPS growth as well as multiple expansion possible here.

A big Stephanie Link pick, calls it a stealth technology play, and recently added to her position(I'm thinking of doing the same), though she admits it has dissapointed for nearly a year now.

Current div of 2.36%.
Although I was already proportionally heavy in energy, I took a position in SLB two weeks ago. So far so good; up over 6%. I’m sticking with all my energy related stocks, and also picked up D, SO and NEE recently.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU-05
I have a question for all you options traders since the vast majority of options traders lose money (including me, tried it years ago unsuccessfully). How many of you are in the green vs the red and what are the ROI for those that are profitable?

I have a question for all you options traders since the vast majority of options traders lose money (including me, tried it years ago unsuccessfully). How many of you are in the green vs the red and what are the ROI for those that are profitable?
I haven’t tracked this specifically, but I believe I am in the green by a fair amount. Most of my option plays turn out to be losers, but the few I really hit on, the returns were crazy. So low batting average but high HR rate. LOL!

Reactions: ScarletNut
I’ve typically sold calls or sometimes puts. Haven’t really bought much

Can’t say it’s worked out very well. Juice not worth the squeeze.

Although I was already proportionally heavy in energy, I took a position in SLB two weeks ago. So far so good; up over 6%. I’m sticking with all my energy related stocks, and also picked up D, SO and NEE recently.
I have a small position with D. All three of those you mentioned are utilities, right? Other than SLB, which others are you bullish on? SLB seems like a good play.

I have a small position with D. All three of those you mentioned are utilities, right? Other than SLB, which others are you bullish on? SLB seems like a good play.
I have OXY, CVX, XOM, ENB, DVN, KMI, and SWN. Wouldn’t say bullish, but energy usage will continue to rise for the foreseeable future and I also get the dividend.

Bitcoin is not stonk. Peter Schiff is nothing but a gold salesman huckster scoundrel (but who likes to clip bond coupons anyway😂?) but I think he’s right about Bitcoin.
HODLing is for stonks and bonds only.

Bitcoin is not stonk. Peter Schiff is nothing but a gold salesman huckster scoundrel (but who likes to clip bond coupons anyway😂?) but I think he’s right about Bitcoin.
HODLing is for stonks and bonds only.
About 50 million Americans own BTC, including a majority of those from younger generations. As the boomers and Schiff's of the world die off, demand for BTC will continue to grow. Simple supply and demand.

• Haha
Reactions: jtung230
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT