ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

Tsla looking like it wants to crack $300 before 8/8. Internet rumors of Uber co-founder and former CEO Travis Kalanick leading up the Robotaxi division were fun while they lasted.
Sounds good to me, I'm probably out at that point.

I had some bonds called back early, which is a new phenomena for myself. Think I'm going to buy some 3 month CD's with the money. Currently paying 5.3%.

If the market pull back in Sept, I'll have some money to work with.

Reactions: RU205
I had some bonds called back early, which is a new phenomena for myself. Think I'm going to buy some 3 month CD's with the money. Currently paying 5.3%.

If the market pull back in Sept, I'll have some money to work with.
You are too young to be buying bonds! :)
Any other bottom-feeders to consider for new positions like INTC? Maybe MCD or SBUX?

You would be better off with bonds than freaking Intel
I think the setup for INTC is pretty good. Support at around $30 goes back 10 years. Dipped below that late 22-23, but held firm the last 2 months. So support is there, and now a higher low is in place, which it looks to be launching off from.

Fundamentally the company is still digesting the investments they have made the last 2-3 years, but if(so this is the bet) and when they pan out, the earnings outlook looks great. Relative to even the stodgy chip stocks like QCOM it's super cheap on price to rev's, never mind the high flyers.

Any other bottom-feeders to consider for new positions like INTC? Maybe MCD or SBUX?
Bond's, high interest savings, and possibly soon to be CD's account for less then 10% of my portfolio, and half of that is savings, so money just waiting for an opportunity.

I wouldn't keep it on the sidelines if it weren't for the high interest. 4.5% in savings. I mentioned the 3 month CD at 5.3% and I have some SPG bond's paying 6.5%, which it looks like if I want to sell I'd be up 9% on the principle, so that's been a really solid buy.

As per bottom feeders, I do like INTC as it is showing signs of life. We talked SLB recently but that needs to bounce right here otherwise it's testing 52 week lows again.

Last edited:
Bond's, high interest savings, and possibly soon to be CD's account for less then 10% of my portfolio, and half of that is savings, so money just waiting for an opportunity.

I wouldn't keep it on the sidelines if it weren't for the high interest. 4.5% in savings. I mentioned the 3 month CD at 5.3% and I have some SPG bond's paying 6.5%, which it looks like if I want to sell I'd be up 9% on the principle, so that's been a really solid buy.

As per bottom feeders, I do like INTC as it is showing signs of life. We talked SLB recently but that needs to bounce right here otherwise it's testing 52 week lows again.
Earnings for energy, HC, and financials are forecast to bounce nicely over the next year. Thinking about how to play this.

Earnings for energy, HC, and financials are forecast to bounce nicely over the next year. Thinking about how to play this.
I'm sure you saw the Compound yesterday(saying this given your list of bottom feeders) but the financial charts look great.

Energy not so much.

HC EPS forecasts, as noted in the pod, are driven by a few companies ala LLY.

I'm sure you saw the Compound yesterday(saying this given your list of bottom feeders) but the financial charts look great.

Energy not so much.

HC EPS forecasts, as noted in the pod, are driven by a few companies ala LLY.
HC is also about getting rid of the COVID years as a comparison. Those comps were very high due to the pandemic spending. Now the sector will be beyond that time period. I have a bunch of biotechs, but my main HC play is still CURE. Up 40-50% as of now. Will likely do something similar for financials (leveraged ETF).

May add SLB to my energy plays. Thinking about leap calls for this one.

Reactions: RU-05
I think the setup for INTC is pretty good. Support at around $30 goes back 10 years. Dipped below that late 22-23, but held firm the last 2 months. So support is there, and now a higher low is in place, which it looks to be launching off from.

Fundamentally the company is still digesting the investments they have made the last 2-3 years, but if(so this is the bet) and when they pan out, the earnings outlook looks great. Relative to even the stodgy chip stocks like QCOM it's super cheap on price to rev's, never mind the high flyers.
INTC can have its moments like any other stock but they too often have disappointments and bad surprises and can’t build on any momentum. That’s a long history through multiple managements. Mind you I’ve brought the stock up here as I’m always looking for the beat up names that might have potential.

In the short term, I think there will be a cap on how far it can run just like I mentioned with PFE when it was brought up and it has pulled back some since. The success of those plants, despite some domestic competition, has to come through for real momentum and breakout but that may take some years to play out.

Reactions: RU-05
INTC can have its moments like any other stock but they too often have disappointments and bad surprises and can’t build on any momentum. That’s a long history through multiple managements. Mind you I’ve brought the stock up here as I’m always looking for the beat up names that might have potential.

In the short term, I think there will be a cap on how far it can run just like I mentioned with PFE when it was brought up and it has pulled back some since. The success of those plants, despite some domestic competition, has to come through for real momentum and breakout but that may take some years to play out.
Seems like INTC has a CEO problem. There is opportunity, but it needs the right leader to get there (like GE).

Agree, and this where I should be doing some actual research and not just going off chart movement and street rev-eps estimates.

Does look like Fab 52 in Arizona is going online in 2025. Seeing 2027 for Ohio.

There have been delays and cost over runs, which helps explain the move from $50 down to $30, but eventually the cap ex period will be over and the revenue's will ramp up. That's a good combination, and maybe why the stock held support, and now has maybe gotten off the mat. All about the "when?" I think.

Was thinking about this recently.

Which index hits 100,000 first? The DJI or the Nasdaq?

Consider over the last 10 years, the DJI is up about 120%, while the Nasdaq is up 300%.

Was thinking about this recently.

Which index hits 100,000 first? The DJI or the Nasdaq?

Consider over the last 10 years, the DJI is up about 120%, while the Nasdaq is up 300%.
Daq. Unless the Dow adds in a few more big tech names.
By the way, I added a small amount of QLD to 2 of my large retirement accounts in late 2022 and early 2023. Damn that was a good decision.

Membership fees has been their cash cow to milk, most members are pretty loyal too.

I'm a customer and shareholder. As the former, I'm fine with the increase. Membership provides so much value. As the latter, I am thrilled. It's been a long time since the last bump.

CPI cooler then expected. Deflation MOM at -.1 Initial jobs less then expected.

Gold pops, oil pops, bond rates down.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Cut in July? CPI falls off the cliff.
Cramer just mentioned it, but cutting in July does have a panicky feeling to it, or at least a rushed one.

Granted it probably makes sense at this point, but seems more likely that this just locks in Sept. What we could see though, especially if numbers keep coming in cooler, is a .5 cut in Sept. That is maybe what this opens up.

Speaking of stocks that have struggled with round number hurdles.

I see MS is finally above $100.

The RUT up 2% early on this CPI news.

Maybe it is finally the time in the sun for small caps.

Daq. Unless the Dow adds in a few more big tech names.
By the way, I added a small amount of QLD to 2 of my large retirement accounts in late 2022 and early 2023. Damn that was a good decision.
You, sir, are golden. If you must say so yourself. 😉

Seems like INTC has a CEO problem. There is opportunity, but it needs the right leader to get there (like GE).
Not sure. They just went in a very ambitious, and cap ex heavy, direction.

I think it still could pay off.

Not sure how long it took before GE turned around under this CEO.

Maybe with the downward move today airlines are worth a look?

Problem now is not demand, nor inability to get workers, but in stead an over supply of route's. That's an easier issue to solve I'd think.

See what oil wants to do, but if it doesn't jump with the upcoming rate cuts I don't see why demand wouldn't remain strong.

DAQ down .8% the RUT up 2.89%.

J Brown has been talking about how the divergence in large caps to the rest of the market typically resolves with small caps to the upside, and this is a good sign that this will again be the case.

@T2Kplus20, I asked you before and your response was appreciated. GPCR seems to be hot right now. Any new insights or is it just along for the weight loss drug ride? It is one of the few with a promising oral weight loss option.

According to Bloomberg, Tesla Plans To Delay RoboTaxi Unveiling To October From August.

According to Bloomberg, Tesla Plans To Delay RoboTaxi Unveiling To October From August.
Down 7%(and it was up 1% when the news broke).

Its' probably just that it's so ready that they thought it would be better to wait.

Hoping for a bounce back in the next day or two, but I don't think I hang in to earnings in a couple weeks.

Edit: Looks like UBER is bouncing on the news.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT