ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

Jobless claims fall again.

Retail sales come in way above expectations. Up 1% vs .3% expected.

Is a Sept cut now in question?

Markets up though.
Near certain cut in Sept. Just 25 instead of 50 unless the next jobs report falls off the cliff (unlikely). Dual mandate and the Fed is now more concerned about unemployment than inflation.

But this all shows that the bearish hysteria of recession last week was truly moronic.

Reactions: RU-05
Near certain cut in Sept. Just 25 instead of 50 unless the next jobs report falls off the cliff (unlikely). Dual mandate and the Fed is now more concerned about unemployment than inflation.

But this all shows that the bearish hysteria of recession last week was truly moronic.
Ya, I think they will have to do it, just so as not to get stuck with an election day cut(I'm not real sure why that is considered political, are people going to vote for the incumbent because of a rate cut announcement?)

Industrial production comes in way low. Negative revisions from last month as well.

For those looking for economic weakness.

I used this site when digging into the initial claims a couple weeks ago.

A bunch of good charts here.

Tom Lee showed data that explained the high claims from 2 weeks ago was solely due to the Hurricane in TX. I guess institutions and their algorithms didn't have such data. LOL!

Tom Lee showed data that explained the high claims from 2 weeks ago was solely due to the Hurricane in TX. I guess institutions and their algorithms didn't have such data. LOL!
My theory was basing it off the prior two years which saw a run up into that last week of July/first week of Aug, and then a decline on the back side.

Last edited:
Reactions: T2Kplus20
Back to ATH in just one week. Aggressively buying Tech, META, AMZN, AVGO, CRWD, NIVDA, during the week. Added ETN, PRU, and V.

Back to ATH in just one week. Aggressively buying during the week.
I bought pretty aggressively on the big Monday dip.

Took a bit out and put back into Savings.

Just bought some NJR. Slow and steady, but uptrend looks good and at the low end of the trend.

Yields spiked big time today. Seems like a trap to me.
Yields fell when the market thought the economy was tanking and the fed was going to cut.

Those fears have cooled considerably.

Maybe a good time to buy up some bonds though.

Edit: Wait, where is this spike? 10 year below 4%. Barely above recent lows.

I bought pretty aggressively on the big Monday dip.

Took a bit out and put back into Savings.

Just bought some NJR. Slow and steady, but uptrend looks good and at the low end of the trend.
I was going to move some to cash but just reallocated to stocks that haven’t move as aggressively as other.

Reactions: RU-05
My energy stocks, SLB, DVN, continue to dog it.
TL dumped most energy stocks from his stock list last month. I think Williams is the only one remaining. Good timing.

As for SMCI, I'm still underwater, but bought the recent dip so only a little in the red.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT