ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

That's exactly it. I definitely want to mitigate risk. I also don't want to invest too much money into RIVN at this time. I have other investments that I am eyeing.
Like what? :)
Any indirect AI plays? Applications or infrastructure.

+1
Good thought, especially since it has dipped over the past month. Nice set-up for a positive surprise.
Speaking of opportunities, I am thinking of purchasing either puts in YANG or calls in YINN. I am also thinking about buying YINN shares outright, selling upside calls (good volatility measures) and then buying YANG puts. I will be doing an analysis tonight. I do however want to see KWEB definitively break over $30 before jumping into any of these trades.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
That's exactly it. I definitely want to mitigate risk. I also don't want to invest too much money into RIVN at this time. I have other investments that I am eyeing.
I always view it differently. Because you can lose 100% of your investment in a short amount of time with options. If you buy the stock, less likely to have a 100% loss.

Speaking of opportunities, I am thinking of purchasing either puts in YANG or calls in YINN. I am also thinking about buying YINN shares outright, selling upside calls (good volatility measures) and then buying YANG puts. I will be doing an analysis tonight. I do however want to see KWEB definitively break over $30 before jumping into any of these trades.
I've been tracking all of these. I assume FXI will settle a bit after the massive pop, but it FINALLY looks like China isn't messing around anymore. When thinking of YINN calls or YANG puts, how do you decide? I assume YINN calls may have more upside, but to be honest, I'm not that experienced with puts. I mostly use calls.

Any specific China stocks to watch? I own a small amount of BABA, but that's it.

I always view it differently. Because you can lose 100% of your investment in a short amount of time with options. If you buy the stock, less likely to have a 100% loss.
Yeah, but you have to buy much more $ in shares to match the possible return of short-term calls (i.e., dollars earned).

I've been tracking all of these. I assume FXI will settle a bit after the massive pop, but it FINALLY looks like China isn't messing around anymore. When thinking of YINN calls or YANG puts, how do you decide? I assume YINN calls may have more upside, but to be honest, I'm not that experienced with puts. I mostly use calls.

Any specific China stocks to watch? I own a small amount of BABA, but that's it.
I am not looking at one particular stock, just at the indices. If I was looking at one to buy, it would be PDD. FXI is in similar boat as KWEB

I am not looking at one particular stock, just at the indices. If I was looking at one to buy, it would be PDD. FXI is in similar boat as KWEB
I assume KWEB has more upside potential than FXI. CWEB is the 2X version.

I bought a ton of RIVN calls for 10/4. I have an inkling that the delivery numbers will look good next week. Not confident enough though to buy shares outright.
Just bought a bunch of those 10/4 RIVN calls.....$11.5 strike. Will look at YINN this afternoon.

Reactions: rurahrah000
Some popular Schwab ETF's are splitting..

l6ukb481a0rd1.jpeg

KWEB and FXI decisively broke upwards today. Bought YINN and puts in YANG. Let's se where it goes from here.
Bought YINN after hours and hoping for a modest dip to buy more. Might grab some CWEB for the hell of it. Tepper had an interesting quote:
"buy everything in China"
LOL! That's pretty clear.

@RUinPinehurst , I know you're a proponent of WOLF. Its been pretty stagnant for a while (though up the last 2 days). Are you anticipating it will trade sideways for lengthy period of time or is now the time to get in, in your opinion?

@RUinPinehurst , I know you're a proponent of WOLF. Its been pretty stagnant for a while (though up the last 2 days). Are you anticipating it will trade sideways for lengthy period of time or is now the time to get in, in your opinion?
I appreciate the tremendous advantages of their tech. They are likely a year out from showing profitability, with one chip manufacturing facility in NY ramping up now and second wafer manufacturing facility in NC set to come online very soon. As an investor, the payoff is likely 3-5 years out. But Mr. Market may rediscover WOLF in advance of that timeframe.

That said, I urge you to look closely at the technology, their market opportunity, and make your personal investment decision on how WOLF may fit your own needs.

INTC up into the mid 24s recently. Think this is a good spot to take some off the table as resistance is in this area, 24-25 and change, 50DMA as well. Nice bounce from the those drop off a cliff lows and held support in that 19-20s area I mentioned...25% or so.

Reactions: RU-05 and T2Kplus20
I’m not suggesting there is any concrete truth to the HBO series Industry but I’d be willing to bet some of the “greatest financial minds” made their fortunes on inside information. Very little investment risk when you know the likely outcome.
This sums up members of Congress as well! I'm sure there is plenty of Gekko-like behavior on Wall Street. Everyone speaks with everyone at that level.

I bought a ton of RIVN calls for 10/4. I have an inkling that the delivery numbers will look good next week. Not confident enough though to buy shares outright.
Just wondering, any idea if the delivery announcement is tomorrow or Thursday? I guess the date isn't pre-announced. Can't find it.

Ya, missed the early portion of the China run. Looking for a pullback in BABA to jump in, but it's been up the last 3 days.

Ya, missed the early portion of the China run. Looking for a pullback in BABA to jump in, but it's been up the last 3 days.
Been in BABA for a while and bought YINN last week. Sadly, didn't jump on those FXI calls. Oh well.

Been in BABA for a while and bought YINN last week. Sadly, didn't jump on those FXI calls. Oh well.
Price Paid?

I've been in and out. Should have gotten back in with the talk of gov't stimulus that had been floating around.

T2K, question for you and the board. I have some Tbills that mature tomorrow and am debating whether to put back the money in Tbills at 4.5% or put that money in some stock that is low risk but may provide a nice 5-10% increase in the next few months.

Any suggestions?

No one can predict the stock market - especially short-term changes. If you need the money in the time horizon you posted (a few months), then don’t put the money in the stock market. There is too much variability over short time frames - this makes stocks extremely risky. The variability risk decreases the longer you stay invested.

Reactions: ScarletNut
I tried investing in China stocks/ETFs a couple of times in the past. I either absorbed big losses or got out on the nick of time. My personal opinon, Chicoms gonna Chicom and FUBAR their markets. I made a vow to myself to not invest in Chinese companies.

Reactions: Joey Bags
I tried investing in China stocks/ETFs a couple of times in the past. I either absorbed big losses or got out on the nick of time. My personal opinon, Chicoms gonna Chicom and FUBAR their markets. I made a vow to myself to not invest in Chinese companies.
A very reasonable position to have on China. Even during a nice rally, you are always playing with fire.

Bought some BABA in extended. It's a relatively big move off the bottom, but it's a relatively small move on the 5 year.

About a half position, so if it goes down in the next week I'll buy more.

Might add some calls tomorrow.

AI Can Only Do 5% of Jobs, Says MIT Economist Who Fears Crash​

"As promising as AI may be, there’s little chance it will live up to that hype, Acemoglu says. By his calculation, only a small percent of all jobs — a mere 5% — is ripe to be taken over, or at least heavily aided, by AI over the next decade. Good news for workers, true, but very bad for the companies sinking billions into the technology expecting it to drive a surge in productivity...

“A lot of money is going to get wasted,” says Acemoglu. “You’re not going to get an economic revolution out of that 5%.”

Acemoglu has become one of the louder, and more high-profile, voices warning that the AI frenzy on Wall Street and in C-suites across America has gone too far. ..

Jensen Huang, CEO of Nvidia, a company whose very name has become synonymous with the AI boom, has projected that rising demand for the technology’s services from a broader range of companies and governments will require as much $1 trillion in spending to upgrade data center equipment in coming years.

Skepticism about these sorts of claims has started to mount"

Nvidia and hype go hand in hand.
Its the gov that really wants AI bad

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT