ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stupid Cupid. Random Love/Anti-Love songs. Let's have OT fun..

Always liked this one. A bit of a twist on the usual sad story. Don't like the video, but the song and lyrics are great!

Another one of my 30ish year old favorite songs about love:

“Talk About Love” by O Positive

We can't have this thread without RU Football's new entrance song:

I'm sure @AreYouNUTS would agree with me!

I love all these! Nice participation fellas! Enjoy the night. [winking]

"Fade Into You" is a simply perfect dirge. If you like Mazzy Star, you should give these two songs a listen, if you haven't heard them. The first fits the thread theme - it's Hope Sandoval from Mazzy star in a duet with the Jesus & Mary Chain in a song that gets my vote for most romantic (in a rock and roll way) song and video ever - Sometimes, Always - just a great song about love lost and regained (and likely to be lost again). Hope also gets my vote for most beautiful woman in rock and roll history - partly because in true indie fashion, she is great at hiding it, but can't completely do so.

The second one is "Coming Down" from the Dum Dum Girls and it's almost like an homage to "Fade Into You." Hypnotic and melancholy, just like its inspiration.

A song that presses into your bones and takes up a permanent residence, followed by what could be the greatest song ever written.

"Fade Into You" is a simply perfect dirge. If you like Mazzy Star, you should give these two songs a listen, if you haven't heard them. The first fits the thread theme - it's Hope Sandoval from Mazzy star in a duet with the Jesus & Mary Chain in a song that gets my vote for most romantic (in a rock and roll way) song and video ever - Sometimes, Always - just a great song about love lost and regained (and likely to be lost again). Hope also gets my vote for most beautiful woman in rock and roll history - partly because in true indie fashion, she is great at hiding it, but can't completely do so.

The second one is "Coming Down" from the Dum Dum Girls and it's almost like an homage to "Fade Into You." Hypnotic and melancholy, just like its inspiration.

I've always liked Hope S. The other song I had never heard, but did enjoy. I listen to female artists like Alison Sudo, Jewel and Tori Amos as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU848789
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT