ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The New Ivies

Why should, through taxation, families where the kids decide either to not go to college, go private or out of state pay or enlist in the military pay for college to be free for middle income families?

I am talking about a federal law to make state school free across the board. The proposal is to tax stock trades- at least one proposal.

Very simple- we ALL benefit from an educated workforce. I would like to know of any person that lives in the modern era that has never used the services of a doctor, nurse, engineer, lawyer, social worker, teacher...etc...even if you're a plumber whose kids join the military, all those people helped or will help you.

States like FL or NC which are hardly left wing have laws that say the tuition should be as close to free as possible because they realize the benefit to all of the inhabitants, not because they want to shift the cost of English majors to electricians.

Why should, through taxation, families where the kids decide either to not go to college, go private or out of state pay or enlist in the military pay for college to be free for middle income families?
Or why should people who have no children pay for the education of a town's children ? 😈

I guess not FREE must be oppressive

Well, it really depends on how you look at educating our population. Whether you view it as a cost or if you view it as an investment in geopolitical and economic competitiveness - and the folks who are going to paying for your social security. Maybe it’s best if we pass on smart kids because they’re poor.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Well, it really depends on how you look at educating our population. Whether you view ite as a cost or if you view it as an investment in geopolitical and economic competitiveness - and 'wthe folks who are going to paying for your social security. Maybe it’s best if we pass on smart kids because they’re poor

I'm not talking poor. I covered that. We're talking middle class being oppressed because it's not FREE.

Last edited:
Who is saying they’re oppressed? I think you kind of missed vks point - which I agree with - you can’t just create classrooms and dorm rooms to make RU free for anyone who wants to attend, besides there being a basic threshold for college preparation in high school, if you aren’t functional in algebra, Rutgers isn’t for you out of high school, you’ll just fail out. I think his point is it’s also not economically feasible, again, agreed. Community colleges exist for kids who didn’t fare as well academically or are oriented towards a trade

I am talking about a federal law to make state school free across the board. The proposal is to tax stock trades- at least one proposal.

Very simple- we ALL benefit from an educated workforce. I would like to know of any person that lives in the modern era that has never used the services of a doctor, nurse, engineer, lawyer, social worker, teacher...etc...even if you're a plumber whose kids join the military, all those people helped or will help you.

States like FL or NC which are hardly left wing have laws that say the tuition should be as close to free as possible because they realize the benefit to all of the inhabitants, not because they want to shift the cost of English majors to electricians.

I’m assuming you’re not doing away with community colleges or admissions standards.
FWIW, Texas is free up to family income of 65k sliding to 125. It’s just good economics.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
I’m assuming you’re not doing away with community colleges or admissions standards.
FWIW, Texas is free up to family income of 65k sliding to 125. It’s just good economics.

Exactly. If anything like I said, standards go up.

Ironically, some Southern states really devote money to their flagship schools...though now are putting strings on in some cases sadly.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Wow, Israel is the most progressive nation in the Middle East. So impressive! For such a vibrant democracy, why is the comparison always to Iran and company, and never to...an actual democracy? How does Israel compare to Western Europe, Canada, Australia, the US? Ah right. Terribly. Imagine if tomorrow Biden ordered Fox News shut down for security reasons- I mean, they actually, literally, caused a terrorist attack which can't be said for Al Jazeera which is banned in Israel.

Reactions: bac2therac

Well if it's on Twitter it must be true. Do you ever get any news from actual news sources?

It sure is interesting though, if it were true, that as I correctly stated, we have TV networks here in this country involved in a terrorist attack...but you're not bumping threads on them....

And if this guy did this, punish him to the fullest extent of the law. Generally though in actual democracies having a scumbag employee doesn't get your company banned. Again why Fox still exists...

Reactions: Kbee3
Well if it's on Twitter it must be true. Do you ever get any news from actual news sources?

It sure is interesting though, if it were true, that as I correctly stated, we have TV networks here in this country involved in a terrorist attack...but you're not bumping threads on them....

And if this guy did this, punish him to the fullest extent of the law. Generally though in actual democracies having a scumbag employee doesn't get your company banned. Again why Fox still exists...
You know that every news source in the world posts their stories on Twitter, right? Also, not sure you read the linked news stories, the guy is dead.

You know that every news source in the world posts their stories on Twitter, right?

I do.

I wasn't aware Hillel Fuld, the Israeli Advocacy Movement, and Visegrad 24 are "news sources" though,

Given Twitter is now just pay $8 and make up crap I guess they can proclaim themselves.

The poster who thinks they are news also shares links from "honestreporting.com" and a committee of people who share anti-semitic theories about the "Great Replacement" so I'm inclined to think they're BS.

As a general rule though I do have to wonder, if it's democratic to ban TV networks when one employee commits a crime what we're going to do about the network that let Bill O'Reilly and Roger Ailes sexually assault countless women?

I do.

I wasn't aware Hillel Fuld, the Israeli Advocacy Movement, and Visegrad 24 are "news sources" though,

Given Twitter is now just pay $8 and make up crap I guess they can proclaim themselves.

The poster who thinks they are news also shares links from "honestreporting.com" and a committee of people who share anti-semitic theories about the "Great Replacement" so I'm inclined to think they're BS.

As a general rule though I do have to wonder, if it's democratic to ban TV networks when one employee commits a crime what we're going to do about the network that let Bill O'Reilly and Roger Ailes sexually assault countless women?
The reporting is from the Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor.

But I agree, Twitter was way better back when misinformation like fake laptop stories and wild lab leak conspiracies were silenced.

I do.

Fuld is a very successful Israeli tech entrepreneur who collaborates with many western corporations. His information about Israel is reliable.

This is not the first Al Jazeera “journalist” moonlighting as a terrorist. The issue Israel has with Al Jazeera is not a free speech issue. There are plenty of critical journalist pieces of the government. The move to ban Al Jazeera does not mean Israel is less of a democracy. It reduces the ad revenue Al Jazeera can gain and then funnel into terrorist operations against Israel. It’s a national security risk issue not free speech.

Your second paragraph has nothing to do with this issue and includes more false statements. Every post riddled with unfactual red herrings.

How are Jewish hostages, Muslim terrorists, X, and Al jizzer related to schools? This is either a wrong thread post or next-level strategy to end/lock a thread

How are Jewish hostages, Muslim terrorists, X, and Al jizzer related to schools? This is either a wrong thread post or next-level strategy to end/lock a thread

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Reactions: RU Cheese
It has nothing to do with it . We all agree. The topic was interjected into this thread by another poster

And sorry for calling your post out, I did see that it started earlier. Yours was the one that sent a notification.

The reporting is from the Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor.

But I agree, Twitter was way better back when misinformation like fake laptop stories and wild lab leak conspiracies were silenced.

I'm sure if you miss Rudy and Sidney and the Kraken and other right wing disinfo you can find it, you just can't get those people to represent you in court.

Maybe you can hire Todd Blanche though. He's certainly going to be looking for clients who actually pay him.

And fret not, if you want antisemitism, just check out Elon's own profile where he claims Jews are importing people to change American demographics. Be sure to pay $8 for that content.

Reactions: MADHAT1 and Kbee3
Fuld is a very successful Israeli tech entrepreneur who collaborates with many western corporations. His information about Israel is reliable.

This is not the first Al Jazeera “journalist” moonlighting as a terrorist. The issue Israel has with Al Jazeera is not a free speech issue. There are plenty of critical journalist pieces of the government. The move to ban Al Jazeera does not mean Israel is less of a democracy. It reduces the ad revenue Al Jazeera can gain and then funnel into terrorist operations against Israel. It’s a national security risk issue not free speech.

Your second paragraph has nothing to do with this issue and includes more false statements. Every post riddled with unfactual red herrings.

Oh well a tech entrepeneur. Now I'm sold.

Even Israel friendly media admits they have no evidence.

If Israel wants to stop funding Hamas, it should probably change its government AKA the people who fund Hamas.

So it would be OK then if President Biden banned Fox News, so he can reduce the ad revenue for those who funded Jan 6?

Do we need to quote the posts where you cited honestreporting.com or is it easier to start with Fox paying 92M to a woman O'Reilly raped? You pick

And sorry for calling your post out, I did see that it started earlier. Yours was the one that sent a notification.

It's been rough for him. He's been defaming Holloway and Rutgers without evidence for their perceived lack of empathy towards his indicted Hamas funding hero in Israel and his felon antisemite hero in this country and finally thought he had a gotya.

But his gotyas are generally just tweets that even a landscaper would be shy to publish for their obvious lack of veracity.

Sad.

I'm sure if you miss Rudy and Sidney and the Kraken and other right wing disinfo you can find it, you just can't get those people to represent you in court.

Maybe you can hire Todd Blanche though. He's certainly going to be looking for clients who actually pay him.

And fret not, if you want antisemitism, just check out Elon's own profile where he claims Jews are importing people to change American demographics. Be sure to pay $8 for that content.
I can happily report that though I obviously know Rudy, I have no idea who Todd Blanche, Sidney or Kraken are.

Also I have a Jewish wife so I keep the anti-Semitism to a minimum. Thanks for the suggestion though.

It's been rough for him. He's been defaming Holloway and Rutgers without evidence for their perceived lack of empathy towards his indicted Hamas funding hero in Israel and his felon antisemite hero in this country and finally thought he had a gotya.

But his gotyas are generally just tweets that even a landscaper would be shy to publish for their obvious lack of veracity.

Sad.
So true.

I can happily report that though I obviously know Rudy, I have no idea who Todd Blanche, Sidney or Kraken are.

Also I have a Jewish wife so I keep the anti-Semitism to a minimum. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Understandably since the people ranting about laptop and lab leak when those folks became inconvenient.

That's good. Better keep the party of the felon and space lasers off the TV.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT