ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The official ACC all things thread

It’s going to go the settlement route and there’s been assurances from at least the B1G of admission once GOR is settled

Reasons for thinking, they can get out of the GOR ranch from the ACC, not holding up their end of the deal, blatantly, breaking bylaws, and acting things without members votes, exposing all their dirty laundry, as well as ESPN not extending past 2027
Here's a recent story about Florida States complaint:

https://www.si.com/college/fsu/flor...n-acc-lawsuit-ridicules-conference-management

Here's another with a link to the complaint:

https://www.tomahawknation.com/flor...lawsuit-nc-state-miami-television-court-judge

Conference management is a joke
There is no other option besides leaving

You simply cannot fall 500 million behind your peers if you wish to remain elite

FSU was elite in the ACC but not so much if they go to the B1G.

Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Rutgers, USC, Washington, UCLA will not make room for Florida State.

In the B1G, FSU will become just another mediocre team competing. How is Nebraska doing in the B1G.

Money will not save them, all teams in the B1G have money.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:

Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Rutgers, USC, Washington, UCLA will not make room for Florida State.

In the B1G, FSU will become just another mediocre team competing. How is Nebraska doing in the B1G.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
lol my man, you are a solid poster but have some RutgersAl tendencies

You do know when Nebraska sucks now, right?

They’re pipeline of Texas dried up, they actually hold Guys accountable and don’t let murders and rapist on the team, and Tom Osborne isn’t around anymore.

I’m not worried about about Michigan State. Or Wisconsin. Iowa?

UCLA… yup I’m terrified of them

Worry about Pitt

A once proud program playing a three-quarter empty NFL stadium that will be relegated to the big 12, who once every decade might make some noise

As long as FSU takes care of their business business down to Tallahassee , we can compete with anybody on a yearly basis

We have great tradition, beautiful campus, solid leadership is finally in place, an Elite head coach, academics arising at a rapid pace, AAU is within reach, facilities are finally getting up to snuff, a top five NIL program, Recruiting in the hot bed of the country, etc.

I don’t mind smack talk, but come prepared with some facts - like I said, you usually solid, so you’ve either been drinking early this morning or you took the RutgersAl crazy pills to develop that previous post

They’re pipeline of Texas dried up, they actually hold Guys accountable and don’t let murders and rapist on the team, and Tom Osborne isn’t around anymore.
You have hit on the reasons why I'm possibly the only football fan in America who doesn't think Tom Osborne is football god...

You have hit on the reasons why I'm possibly the only football fan in America who doesn't think Tom Osborne is football god...
Some of the stuff he allowed was Baylor-esque

All the great ones let guys get away with stuff. Hell, even Bobby bent the rules from time to time.

But that in Nebraska stuff in the 90s was next level

once again the B1G does not go along with the loudest rumors relative to expansion.
All the noise out there about FSU to the B1G was the clearest indication that it was not happening.
Never say never, but the B1G makes quiet deals and does not do any of this stuff in public.

once again the B1G does not go along with the loudest rumors relative to expansion.
All the noise out there about FSU to the B1G was the clearest indication that it was not happening.
Never say never, but the B1G makes quiet deals and does not do any of this stuff in public.
Of course they’re not gonna go public and go along with it, and say to the media that they are pursuing a team in another conference who is in the middle of suing said conference

There would be no upside and it would open them up for possible legal repercussions

Again, all I will say is if you think that FSU has been publicly doing this without assurances of admission into at least the big ten, then I don’t know what to tell you

Of course they’re not gonna go public and go along with it, and say to the media that they are pursuing a team in another conference who is in the middle of suing said conference

There would be no upside and it would open them up for possible legal repercussions

Again, all I will say is if you think that FSU has been publicly doing this without assurances of admission into at least the big ten, then I don’t know what to tell you

I'm not talking about press releases. I'm talking about the noise out there. That includes "insiders" feeding information to others who post it on message boards like this one. That just does not happen when there is an actual negotiation with the B1G happening.

I'm not talking about press releases. I'm talking about the noise out there. That includes "insiders" feeding information to others who post it on message boards like this one. That just does not happen when there is an actual negotiation with the B1G happening.
As we all know, the Big Ten does not operate in noise - Neither does the SEC

They do things covertly, and do them well

We as fans and predicts, pontificate, and hope all we want, but at the end of the day, the guys pulling the strings in the conferences will do what’s best for business

I keep reading your and some others point in the last paragraph but that's not the only possible explanation. It borders on wishful thinking that it "must mean we have an offer already."

I keep reading your and some others point in the last paragraph but that's not the only possible explanation. It borders on wishful thinking that it "must mean we have an offer already."
I’ve been explicitly told that there are assurances of Big Ten entry once the GOR situation is straightened out

Who exactly from B1G and FSU had those conversations is beyond me

Conference expansion and recruiting with the “follow the visits” mantra is the same.

Essentially, if things make financial sense for both parties, deals are swung and teams move conferences.

If it doesn’t make financial sense for both parties, then things will stay status quo

Reactions: rubigtimenow
lol my man, you are a solid poster but have some RutgersAl tendencies

You do know when Nebraska sucks now, right?

I’m not worried about about Michigan State. Or Wisconsin. Iowa?

UCLA… yup I’m terrified of them

Worry about Pitt

A once proud program playing a three-quarter empty NFL stadium that will be relegated to the big 12, who once every decade might make some noise

As long as FSU takes care of their business business down to Tallahassee , we can compete with anybody on a yearly basis

We have great tradition, beautiful campus, solid leadership is finally in place, an Elite head coach, academics arising at a rapid pace, AAU is within reach, facilities are finally getting up to snuff, a top five NIL program, Recruiting in the hot bed of the country, etc.

I don’t mind smack talk, but come prepared with some facts - like I said, you usually solid, so you’ve either been drinking early this morning or you took the RutgersAl crazy pills to develop that previous post

I'll bring some facts to the discussion.

Pitt does not play to a 3/4 empty stadium. Using data from Phil Steele's 2024 Football Magazine and how we compare to Rutgers and Maryland for home attendance per game. Also remember Pitt was 3-9 last year.

Rutgers Home Football attendance 49,251 (#44)
Pitt Home Football attendance 48,122 (#47)
Maryland Football Home attendance 40,314 (#56)

As I tried to explain, playing in an NFL Stadium (Acrisure) located 3.5 miles from campus for 7 home football games a year is not a negative as some posters make it out to be. Pitt has very favorable financial terms.

Why spend $ 750 million or more for a new on campus stadium (used only 7 times per year) when you can direct funds toward Research Facilities that can be utilized 24/7.

All of Pitt's Health Care Programs are ranked in the Top 20 (US News "Americas Best Graduate Programs).

Supporting the University Health Programs is the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC).

UPMC is an integrated Global nonprofit Health enterprise comprising 40 Hospitals and over 100,000 employees.

As I stated in a previous post UPMC is now spending $1.5 Billion for a new 17 story on campus special medicine tower that is targeted to open in 2026.

How does Pitt compare to FSU from attracting research dollars and research expenditures.

Pitt is an AAU Research University that utilizes annual research grants amounting to $1.16 Billion per year and is ranked #50 in US News Global Ranking.

FSU is aspiring to become an AAU Research University and has research expeditures of about $400 million per year and is ranked #305 in US News Global Ranking.

Bottom line Pitt brings in over $700 million more per year than FSU from a Research perspective (More money in Rsearch vs Sports).

Now I do think that FSU will be able to become an AAU University some time in the future and is a good academic school.

However, I do think FSU will have a hard time dominating in the B1G (if accepted) as they had in the ACC. I think the days of FSU being 12-0 to 10-2 will be over. Additionally, I wonder if FSU would want to keep their annual game (OOC) with the University of Florida and risk the potential loss.

I do think that the FSU case will be resolved via the Courts and the ACC will not negotiate a settlement (appeals likely). Texas and Oklahoma had to pay $50 million each to leave the Big 12 for 1 year and Maryland had to pay about the same to leave the ACC.
FSU is facing a 10 year GOR payment.

As for Pitt, I am confident that the ACC will survive and Pitt will continue to do well in sports and financially prosper.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fat Koko

Pitt does not play to a 3/4 empty stadium. Using data from Phil Steele's 2024 Football Magazine and how we compare to Rutgers and Maryland for home attendance per game. Also remember Pitt was 3-9 last year.

As I tried to explain, playing in an NFL Stadium (Acrisure) located 3.5 miles from campus for 7 home football games a year is not a negative as some posters make it out to be. Pitt has very favorable financial terms.

Why spend $ 750 million or more for a new on campus stadium (used only 7 times per year) when you can direct funds toward Research Facilities that can be utilized 24/7.

All of Pitt's Health Care Programs are ranked in the Top 20 (US News "Americas Best Graduate Programs).

Supporting the University Health Programs is the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC).

UPMC is an integrated Global nonprofit Health enterprise comprising 40 Hospitals and over 100,000 employees.

As I stated in a previous post UPMC is now spending $1.5 Billion for a new 17 story on campus special medicine tower that is targeted to open in 2026.

How does Pitt compare to FSU from attracting research dollars and research expenditures.

Pitt is an AAU Research University that utilizes annual research grants amounting to $1.16 Billion per year and is ranked #50 in US News Global Ranking.

FSU is aspiring to become an AAU Research University and has research expeditures of about $400 million per year and is ranked #305 in US News Global Ranking.

Bottom line Pitt brings in over $700 million more per year than FSU from a Research perspective (More money in Rsearch vs Sports).

Now I do think that FSU will be able to become an AAU University some time in the future and is a good academic school.

However, I do think FSU will have a hard time dominating in the B1G (if accepted) as they had in the ACC. I think the days of FSU being 12-0 to 10-2 will be over. Additionally, I wonder if FSU would want to keep their annual game (OOC) with the University of Florida and risk the potential loss.

I do think that the FSU case will be resolved via the Courts and the ACC will not negotiate a settlement (appeals likely). Texas and Oklahoma had to pay $50 million each to leave the Big 12 for 1 year and Maryland had to pay about the same to leave the ACC.

As for Pitt, I am confident that the ACC will survive and Pitt will continue to do well in sports and financially prosper.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
I'd be very curious on the recruiting trail how the topic of an NFL stadium plays. I could see it being beneficial with some kids and a negative with others. And on that note I wonder if other coaches negatively recruit based on it. I really don't know the answer but would love some facts on that, because you're point about saving funds for other areas does make sense.

Reactions: Fat Koko

Why spend $ 750 million or more for a new on campus stadium (used only 7 times per year) when you can direct funds for Research Facilities that can be utilized 24/7.

I do think that the FSU case will be resolved via the Courts and the ACC will not negotiate a settlement (appeals likely). Texas and Oklahoma had to pay $50 million each to leave the Big 12 for 1 year and Maryland had to payed about the same to leave the ACC.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
What’s your actual vs paid attendance?

Unless a name team comes in, I’d be shocked if average paid eclipsed 35k / average

Awesome you have good terms but you should have torn down or remodeled the old Pitt Stadium

Nobody’s arguing Pitt academics, medical lr research - they’re all first class

I never said they’d dominate the B1G. Far from it actually

Michigan
Ohio state
USC
Penn state
Oregon
*** All big time programs

Wash
Rutgers
Iowa
Sparty
Wiscy
*** All legit programs

Buckeye is still the top dog. They’re the standard

Michigan isn’t going anywhere
And if USC learns how to play D, watch out

I’d expect FSU to compete them on a yearly basis, but running roughshod through the league won’t be happening

Solid teams I listed won’t be pushovers and will be competitive games, much more so then the ACC

But the day I start fearing Iowa and Michigan state is the day Norvell needs to go

Again, a settlement is what’ll happen

Both parties have too much to lose by letting this go to court

Pitt will land in the B12 and rekindle the Brawl with WVU

Hopefully FSU lands in the B1G
As long as they’re getting paid big boy $$$, that’s really all the matters

I'd be very curious on the recruiting trail how the topic of an NFL stadium plays. I could see it being beneficial with some kids and a negative with others. And on that note I wonder if other coaches negatively recruit based on it. I really don't know the answer but would love some facts on that, because you're point about saving funds for other areas does make sense.
The stadium is more or less co-branded, right? Panther logos throughout I think. It was a true partnership unlike the Philadelphia situation where the Eagles were pretty much forced to take Temple on as tenants.

Pitt for most part attracts Rival 3-star recruits with potential and develops them into good football player.

In the last 4 years Pitt has had 17 football players drafted into the NFL (7 Rounds). It would have been 18 if we could have counted WR Jordan Addison who won the Bilitnikoff Award while at Pitt but then transferred to USC.

PITT NFL Draft: Players
2021-6
2022-2
2023-6
2024-3

I don't think playing in an NFL Stadium from a recruiting perspective is as much a negative as some make it out to be.

I think players want to be able to go to the NFL and will play for teams that they think will give them a good shot at making it.

Now for the Rival 5/4 star players, I think the Top programs that would get those players anyway will now have to pay for them (NIL).

In the last 4 years I believe FSU has had 16 players drafted into the NFL (7 Rounds).

FSU NFL Draft: Players
2021-4
2022-1
2023-1
2024-10

The fact that Pitt had more NFL draft picks in the last 4 years than FSU was actually a little surprising.

FSU recruits many Rival 5/4 Star players but it did not seem to matter in the end when it came to the number of players being drafted into the NFL compared to Pitt.

Actually, Narduzzi has to be commended for achieving such results. I guess he recruits players by telling them they have as good a chance of playing in the NFL by coming to Pitt as going elsewhere.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
The stadium is more or less co-branded, right? Panther logos throughout I think. It was a true partnership unlike the Philadelphia situation where the Eagles were pretty much forced to take Temple on as tenants.

The Stadium is co-branded.

The Pittsburgh Stadium Authority actually runs the facility. They and the Steelers (Rooney Family) have been great partners.

What some people do not know is UPMC has installed practice facilities (complex) on the South Side which are used by both Pitt and the Steelers.

Works well for all parties.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Lucy Liu Elementarycbs GIF by CBS

JDog and Ridge22 on FSU leaving ACC.

GO RU

What about Virginia Tech as a possible B1G target especially if they get AAU status alongside FSU in the coming years? VT is also on the short list for AAU status and they fit more of the B1G persona than UVA does. I'm far more open to VT as a B1G school than Clemson.

Reactions: dconifer
What about Virginia Tech as a possible B1G target especially if they get AAU status alongside FSU in the coming years? VT is also on the short list for AAU status and they fit more of the B1G persona than UVA does. I'm far more open to VT as a B1G school than Clemson.
I always looked at VT as more SEC and UVA as more big 10

Not really on topic, but I will be sad if the ACC dies. I started watching when there were seven teams (South Carolina had left, a few years prior to Georgia Tech's arrival). There'll never be an event as exciting and nerve-wracking as the ACC basketball tournament back in the days when there were always a bunch of nationally elite teams competing for a single NCAA berth. Football was fun, too.

Things have changed, and I don't resent or regret my team's departure (they weren't exactly a league favorite), but I will always be an ACC dude in my heart...

Appreciate the comments and be reassured the ACC is not going away.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

It beehoves everyone sans Cuse, BC & Wake if it did go away

Noles, Heels & Clemson out soon

League goes to shit as soon as they leave, Pitt goes to B12
I believe the ACC is destined to break apart and become a poaching contest between the B1G and SEC with the B-12 scavenging the best of what's left.
Either Miami or FSU will become BIG and Florida will prevent the other from being A sec MEMBER
Pitt will go to the Vitamin Conference (only because PSU will fight to keep them out of the B1G)
One good thing about that will be the Backyard Brawl ( one of the best rivalry games) will be assured every year.
But , in my opinion, 2030 will be when this has a chance to happen because brefore 2030 the cost of leaving the ACC would be too expensive for FSU to pay .
FSU and Clemcon wouyld have to play a waiting game while North Carolina and the others would be looking to landing spots once the ACC allowd FSU to buy it's way out at a price FSU was able to pay

It’s financial malpractice for any university trustee to agree to pay hundreds of millions of dollars to leave the ACC for the B-12. I get that everyone is pissed about the contract, but at some point the presidents need to fire the commissioner and try to renegotiate. The ACC is currently a better conference than the B-12. If the contract can be broken, then the conference should break it on behalf of all its members.

It’s financial malpractice for any university trustee to agree to pay hundreds of millions of dollars to leave the ACC for the B-12. I get that everyone is pissed about the contract, but at some point the presidents need to fire the commissioner and try to renegotiate. The ACC is currently a better conference than the B-12. If the contract can be broken, then the conference should break it on behalf of all its members.
Any school that has championship aspirations needs out asap

That, or a large increase in money to compete with the B1G and SEC

Doesn’t matter where one plays pending the $$ is commensurate with your peers

SEC
B10
B12

ACC
AAC
Mountain west

Sun belt
MAC
Big South
Colonial

Big North
Skyland
Mountain Valley

Patriot League
Outer space
Subway with Chas Douwd

Matters not, except the bottom line yearly revenue $$$

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Can we get Pitt to replace Penn State? Been out to Pittsburgh several times over the past few years - Really nice game day experience and their fans are very nice and respectful. The city is fun with lots to do. And unlike the erector set stadium in the middle of nowhere, Acrisure in not filled with cult members.

• Love
Reactions: rubigtimenow

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Agree. I am not sure leaving the ACC is good for Florida State in terms of winning.

Agree. I am not sure leaving the ACC is good for Florida State in terms of winning.
The B1G will definitely be a significant step up in componention

But it’s not just about football - this would benefit all sports

Football pays the bills and gets the norariaty, but it’s important to be competitive across the board, as long as it’s not at the expense of football

I can give you several Billion reasons why Florida State University is interested in the Big 10. And it is not sports related (does help).

Most Big 10 schools have operating budgets in the 4 to 6 Billion dollar range. Florida State has an operating budget just over 3 Billion.

Wisconsin has an operating budget right at 9 Billion. PSU and OSU are over 10 Billion. University of Washington is at 12.5 Billion and UM is over 14 Billion.

OSU's athletic budget is right around 250 Million. Some where between 2% to 3% of Ohio State's operating budget. They are in the process of completing a $1.9 Billion hospital.

Go where the real money is.

I can give you several Billion reasons why Florida State University is interested in the Big 10. And it is not sports related (does help).

Most Big 10 schools have operating budgets in the 4 to 6 Billion dollar range. Florida State has an operating budget just over 3 Billion.

Wisconsin has an operating budget right at 9 Billion. PSU and OSU are over 10 Billion. University of Washington is at 12.5 Billion and UM is over 14 Billion.

OSU's athletic budget is right around 250 Million. Some where between 2% to 3% of Ohio State's operating budget. They are in the process of completing a $1.9 Billion hospital.

Go where the real money is.
Can’t argue with any of that

Although, if they decided to demphasize sports, they would not be a candidate

Just because the BIG and SEC have big media deals doesn’t mean the ACC deal is unfair, or that they could get a better deal. The PAC12 thought this, passed on an offer that was basically on par with the ACC deal, and then found out the hard way that no one else was coming anywhere close to that, causing the conference to disintegrate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT