ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Shine Is Off Coach Prime

Prime is 4th coach Col hired after firing three (and the last one was a black coach). Like most universities, football was expected to pay the bills at Colorado. So after years of severely declining attendance and cash flow, Colorado athletics were on edge of an abyss.

Colorado was as eager to get rid of existing players as Prime was - no arm twisting - uni is a happy co-conspirator . The uni president is happy too. Colorado is fishing with Prime. Interestingly Trevor Hunter is a huge fishing guy. Doesn't go out and party - just fishes.

On the downside I find Prime too "90s."
"Bling" as a term is out of style but the Prime crew does 90s bling like its still going..
It does get tedious and he spoils players into bad habits.
But it gets attention - Buffs are like Kardashians - everybody says they hate them but they don't go away keep the attention coming
First and foremost Deion is for Deion and Colorado is benefiting financial from the hype he brought with him.
Sanders found a place to showcase his kids and make sure they get the credit when things are looking good while blame is placed elsewhere when times get hard.
Sanders has helped Colorado mainly by getting boosters more actively involved because of the hype surrounding the program with him as the HC.
Colorado's President and AD are in a win win situation even if Sanders proves to be a loser as their HC.
Boosters became very supportive of the program because of the hye that came with Sanders and the beginning of his Buff tenure.

Now that the shine is dulling the boosters will be willing to find a brighter light that can bring some hype but also be a HC that can win at a major program where Sanders seems to be having trouble doing.
When Sanders came aboard money was tight, now because of the hype that surrounded Deion having had boosters dig deep in their pockets the Buffalo AD won't worry about having the funds to bring in a top coaching canidate like they did when Deion accepted the job.
If Deion proves himself all fine and dandy and current boosters will dig deeper while new boosters will jump on the Deion bandwagon

Like I said > win-win no matter how Sanders turns out as the HC

Reactions: redking
Prime is 4th coach Col hired after firing three (and the last one was a black coach). Like most universities, football was expected to pay the bills at Colorado. So after years of severely declining attendance and cash flow, Colorado athletics were on edge of an abyss.

Colorado was as eager to get rid of existing players as Prime was - no arm twisting - uni is a happy co-conspirator . The uni president is happy too. Colorado is fishing with Prime. Interestingly Trevor Hunter is a huge fishing guy. Doesn't go out and party - just fishes.

"Bling" as a term is out of style but the Prime crew does 90s bling like its still going..
But it gets attention - Buffs are like Kardashians - everybody says they hate them but they don't go away keep the attention coming
But the Kardashians built an empire and have been keeping it going for nearly 20 years- Prime's shelf life may be 4 years at most. What happens when his kids and Prime leave them holding the bag?

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY

Kardashians-like the old Howard Stern show- people who said they did not like "them" tuned in anyway just to see what would happen.

For the record, I like Deion the personality. I just don't think he can succeed with his approach. His two sons and Hunter are doing a heck of a job considering the talent level around them is much lower. How long is his son with the broken arm going to be out?

Kardashians-like the old Howard Stern show- people who said they did not like "them" tuned in anyway just to see what would happen.

For the record, I like Deion the personality. I just don't think he can succeed with his approach. His two sons and Hunter are doing a heck of a job considering the talent level around them is much lower. How long is his son with the broken arm going to be out?

Kim got famous getting sodomized by a rapper in a video that went viral.
There's a cohort of guys that like that action - KK has a business model focused on them.
Otherwise she has no talent at all - Prime had/has talent.

Shilo had successful surgery and that's all I know.
I haven't been watching a lot of games aside from RU/Army.
Shilo is kind of the runt of the litter - talented but not with a lot.
He filed for bankruptcy in summer - owes something like 11 million from a lawsuit involving a fight

I enjoyed watching Prime as a player. Coverage skills and returns out of this world- But…how do you say this about an all time great- he never just put himself out there.
As a coach- he is actually, pretty bad. As a brand ambassador, he is a house of cards in a wind storm.
His kids, talent- but man oh man- maybe more for themselves than even Prime.

Reactions: Arizona Knight

CU at Nebraska sets a TV record as Buffs get another Prime game

The Colorado Buffaloes are again playing in front of a huge television audience this season, as the numbers for their matchup with the Nebraska Cornhuskers broke some of NBC’s records.

The Colorado Buffaloes are again playing in front of a huge television audience this season, as the numbers for their matchup with the Nebraska Cornhuskers broke some of NBC’s records.

I'm not sure that helps recruiting.

Anyone else just watch because it's hilarious when Deion loses?

I saw a post on X today that said Deion told the Colorado band not to play the fight song after they score because they are going to play Shadeurs rap song after scoring. Crazy if true, but he did apparently make the team attend the rap show that Shadeur was performing in earlier in the summer. Probably won’t be too popular with the alumni and student section to have your fight song replaced by a terrible rap song.

Some people will say there is an evil motive to rooting against "Coach Prime". But, really, there is a reason why star athletes very rarely make good coaches. And then doubly so for narcissistic attention whores.

I can appreciate the star athlete who is always thumping his chest saying look at me.. and I can appreciate how using that self-created star power as an asset to build a winner might actually seem reasonable... but at some point.. the hard work of coaching and building a program has to come into play. And it doesn't seem he has done that.

So, hating on Deion.. laughing at Deion.. if that prevents other college athletes and University football programs from buying into the hype and selecting effective professional football coaches rather than celebrity coaches... it will be a good thing.

ha-ha-point.gif

I saw a post on X today that said Deion told the Colorado band not to play the fight song after they score because they are going to play Shadeurs rap song after scoring. Crazy if true, but he did apparently make the team attend the rap show that Shadeur was performing in earlier in the summer. Probably won’t be too popular with the alumni and student section to have your fight song replaced by a terrible rap song.
It's false, they play a short clip of Shedeur's song and then the band plays the fight song. They do the same thing for the Kicker who apparently has his own song too.

You guys need to actually validate this stuff rather than running with the initial claim.

Reactions: redking
It's false, they play a short clip of Shedeur's song and then the band plays the fight song. They do the same thing for the Kicker who apparently has his own song too.

You guys need to actually validate this stuff rather than running with the initial claim.
Wait.. so they do play a clip of the rap song and the band must wait to play the fight song.

That's not exactly debunking anything.

Why don't you re-read the comment I was responding to since it claimed they were told not to play it at all.
And yet.. the band was told not to play the fight song IMMEDIATELY after the score as they have done for decades and decades. Can't you see the distinction? Why can't both be truthful claims?

• Haha
Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Deion Snders got a pass last year after his Buffs didn't live up to the hype.
This year he's trying to run on that hype again, but the media now expects him to prove himself as a HC before anointing him Colorado Football's savior AGAIN.
Sanders saved the program financially, but hasn't made it a winner so far.
Many are saying he needs more time, but the hype surrounding him and the way he treated players makes
it hard for many to feel justified doing because of the way Deion finds scapegoats for the losses and tries to keep his own actions , and "some " of his favorite Buff players from being held accountable for theirs.

Dion Sanders is not walking the walk to back up the talk and unlike last season he's being called out for that

Just a reminder Coach Prime and the circus will be on national TV playing a very hyped Colorado St. tonight.
There will be a lot of eyes watching that game just because of the hype surrounding Sanders.
He's the type you eith love or hate and either way want to see Colorado ( win or lose) when they are on TV.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
There will be a lot of eyes watching that game just because of the hype surrounding Sanders.
He's the type you eith love or hate and either way want to see Colorado ( win or lose) when they are on TV.
Agreed, and I figured people needed a distraction from the Rutgers Greed thread. 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT