ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Shine Is Off Coach Prime

The big question still remains whether this OL will hold up. NDSU was able to harass Shedur last night. So that may not bode well when facing B12 teams. Next week against Nebraska should reveal a lot.

Oh.. you SAW it if you watched the game or his highlights.. you just didn't SEE it.

Here it is... hint: the wide view barely shows it happening at the 18-yard line... after hand-fighting at about teh 25-20. Freeze the replay a few times and teh ref should have seen teh distance between him and the defender after a push to the head and thrown the flag. Hunter is great.. truly great.. he doesn't need star treatment on top of that,

On Sherman-Crabtree... Sherman was an ass. Him and a teammate thomas at Texas lost to Texas A&M with Crabtree... they hated the guy. Every time they saw him in the NFL they bad-mouthed him. This drama was all of Sherman's creation. What an asshat.

Bart Scott once said that if a team wants to win a title it "needs some goblins on defense." I think most football teams have some sketchy business from players now and then. I don't mean cheap shots meant to harm like Ndamukong Suh back in the day or Votaze Burfict. I mean guys that run their mouths, push, make threats etc. That stuff is common - some guys psyche themselves that way, and some teammates get going too. Refs hear and see all kinds of things they have to let slide or the game would be a mess.

Nothing Travis does really bothers me except that he makes himself a target being flamboyant. Teams want to blast him more and he already got hurt that way. He's a little crazy going both ways too but that's why he went to Jackson St (Prime said he could). That contact will add up. The thing is is that he's super competitive on every play and not shy or classy about it. Wish RU had him

Pass protection and run game was still iffy like last year.

They need some run game balance, shorter passes and stop throwing homerun balls so much. The defense has an easy time knowing what's coming, and that makes it even harder for the OL. "Balance" isn't just a slogan in football

I give him credit for playing that game. Was a no win for him. No way schiano would play a 1AA like that. That being said, he’s still way overrated
Have you forgotten New Hampshire? Greg clearly hasn't, which is why after that 1AA debacle, he has always scheduled real cupcake 1AA teams apart from Nova the year after NH - probably couldn't get out of that one - and Delaware in 2021, which again was probably hard to get out of.

They are like Howard stern in his prime. 1/3 of the audience is rooting for him. The rest against. Great for ESPN not so great Colorado
You just know the National media is ready to pounce after what he did to the Denver Post reporter. And he has nobody to blame but himself although he'll try to find something else to be the scapegoat .

They are like Howard stern in his prime. 1/3 of the audience is rooting for him. The rest against. Great for ESPN not so great Colorado
I was going to pretty much say the same thing- so many of us are tuning into their games to watch them crash and burn. These numbers are not always a positive to Colorado. And ESPN knows what they are doing- and they will continue to let Coach Sanders talk stupid for as long as they can and then put his games on as they know this will continue for a short window.
When Prime misses a bowl and his team looks awful - he will not be around much longer- most likely leaving after his sons are finished anyway.

You just know the National media is ready to pounce after what he did to the Denver Post reporter. And he has nobody to blame but himself although he'll try to find something else to be the scapegoat .
I’ve been indifferent on him but that move turned me off a little. He’s being distracted by things which shouldn’t even be on his mind.

He should be concentrating on fixing the problems of last year. I still see issues with the run game and pass protection.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I was going to pretty much say the same thing- so many of us are tuning into their games to watch them crash and burn. These numbers are not always a positive to Colorado. And ESPN knows what they are doing- and they will continue to let Coach Sanders talk stupid for as long as they can and then put his games on as they know this will continue for a short window.
When Prime misses a bowl and his team looks awful - he will not be around much longer- most likely leaving after his sons are finished anyway.
I’ve watched them first out of curiosity and then because they can be fun to watch when they’re explosive. My interest waned somewhat as the season went on.

Renewed interest again at the start of this year but if they start to repeat like last year it will likely wane again. Nebraska Colorado game this week should get some good ratings though.

That was a nice win for Colorado and with much better depth i expect them to bowl this season. Folks can't stand Prime for his actions but i've always been a fan going back to FSU. Some of you forget Colorado was worse then what we had here under Ash.....

Reactions: redking and ashokan
That was a nice win for Colorado and with much better depth i expect them to bowl this season. Folks can't stand Prime for his actions but i've always been a fan going back to FSU. Some of you forget Colorado was worse then what we had here under Ash.....
I'm a.much weaker conference, which is still much weaker

I watch for Travis Hunter mostly
Best All-Around WR I ever saw

1M96vZp.gif

I watch for Travis Hunter mostly
Best All-Around WR I ever saw

1M96vZp.gif
He’s good but they need more balance, at least of the Mike Leach variety if not in the run game.

Was listening to a pod and USC had 10 guys with catches last night and 6 of them with at least 45yds receiving…that’s a Mike Leach kind of balance.

Horn and Hunter are good but they need more imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: ashokan
Actually, Colorado played in the Pac 12 championship game back in 2018 and had a bunch of 4 and 5 wins seasons. They had they bad moments, but nothing like trAsh. The previous CU coach to Prime gave off Ash-like seasons.

If that is considered a "nice" win...they are in trouble

Actually, Colorado played in the Pac 12 championship game back in 2018 and had a bunch of 4 and 5 wins seasons. They had they bad moments, but nothing like trAsh. The previous CU coach to Prime gave off Ash-like seasons.
It was worse we somewhat had talent which was why Prime cleaned house when he got there. Weren't they winless when Prime was hired????

I think people don't give North Dakota State the respect their deserve. NDSU would smoke plenty of FBS schools. They have 9 national championships in the last 25 since moving up from D2.
For a “cupcake” that’s as formidable opponent as youll get. They win a bunch in the FCS. Chris Klieman at KSU came from there, Craig Bohl who just retired from Wyoming came from there and USC just hired last year’s HC Matt Entz to be their LB coach. That’s been a good program for some time. They currently have a first year HC, that’s about all you could say.

Reactions: Knight Shift
For a “cupcake” that’s as formidable opponent as youll get. They win a bunch in the FCS. Chris Klieman at KSU came from there, Craig Bohl who just retired from Wyoming came from there and USC just hired last year’s HC Matt Entz to be their LB coach. That’s been a good program for some time. They currently have a first year HC, that’s about all you could say.
Colorado shouldn't be considerd a weak program because NDSU played them tough.
Just the hype of Colorado being a top program shouldn't be going on this season because of the way it crashed and burned after starting so well last year.
Deion needs to prove himself as good FBS HC and not just be considered one for the way he talks the talk.
Colorado has a chance to start proving Sanders is walking the walk in their game against Nebraska where a lot of so called experts are making the Cornhuskers into being a good program this season because Matt Ruhle is supposed to a a top of the line HC and Nebraska has a real good true freshman QB running his offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: rutgersguy1
NDSU could beat half the P3 schools on opening day they are proven to be legit over the years. Nice win!
Probably so, there are a lot of programs that are just plane awful and won't be seeing any bowl invites when the season is over
But it stands to reason good P-3 programs wouldn't have struggled against NDSU like Colorado did and Sanders has a ways to go to prove the reason the Buffalos crashed and burned last year has been fixed.
Right bow the win over the Bisions being consideredproof Colorado is a good program is the same type of hype college football fans head at the beginning of last season
Sanders has to start proving he can win more than he loses as this season goes on before he an hear his team being considered bowl material
A win over a very good FCS program is a start, but not proof Colorado can beat middle of the road P-3 programs or fairly good mid majors that probably would play NDSU close like Colorado did.

Probably so, there are a lot of programs that are just plane awful and won't be seeing any bowl invites when the season is over
But it stands to reason good P-3 programs wouldn't have struggled against NDSU like Colorado did and Sanders has a ways to go to prove the reason the Buffalos crashed and burned last year has been fixed.
Right bow the win over the Bisions being consideredproof Colorado is a good program is the same type of hype college football fans head at the beginning of last season
Sanders has to start proving he can win more than he loses as this season goes on before he an hear his team being considered bowl material
A win over a very good FCS program is a start, but not proof Colorado can beat middle of the road P-3 programs or fairly good mid majors that probably would play NDSU close like Colorado did.
This…NDSU- is a good team but a P4 team that expects to bowl- should not have struggled so much.
There is no way we would feel good right now with an OT win against NDSU.

This…NDSU- is a good team but a P4 team that expects to bowl- should not have struggled so much.
There is no way we would feel good right now with an OT win against NDSU.
The difference between FCS and FBS it's depth. 85 ships compared to 63. Otherwise, there are just as talented players in all the positions. Talking down to a strong FCS is no different than when we get upset about blue bloods getting the benefit of the doubt over no name teams playing better.

The difference between FCS and FBS it's depth. 85 ships compared to 63. Otherwise, there are just as talented players in all the positions. Talking down to a strong FCS is no different than when we get upset about blue bloods getting the benefit of the doubt over no name teams playing better.
So- a blue blood expecting a playoff should not go OT to us.
I completely understand that NDSU is good. But if Prime wants his due- he has to do better.
BTW- they don’t have just as talented- but they do have talented.

NDSU could beat half the P3 schools on opening day they are proven to be legit over the years. Nice win!
No, they wouldn't. Montana St. which is a top program in FCS for the last decade lost in OT to N. Dakota St in the playoffs last year and is ranked #3 in FCS this year. They barely beat an absolutely horrible New Mexico team and needed a 21 pt. 4th quarter to beat them. This would be considered a nice win for the bottom of the barrel P4 teams.

Last edited:
If this game keeps trending towards a rout, the media will be licking their chops for that presser given Deion's behavior with them this season. Going to be ugly, fugly.
I really hope it’s a blowout and then we get to watch that presser! That is going to be gold! 😂

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT