ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Shine Is Off Coach Prime

Once you remove the sack yardage it's positive but that doesn't take away from your point about the run game.
I've wondered if Prime isn't trying too hard to pad Shedeur's stats. I know he would like him to be picked #1. I know he knows trying to throw long without a run game is deadly because I heard him say it when he fired OC last year.

A problem this year is that Sanders tried to get new OL but other teams kept telling recruits that Prime would leave Colorado after Shedeur was drafted. I don't know if that's true but its a believable point that scared players off.

Reactions: Caliknight
I've wondered if Prime isn't trying too hard to pad Shedeur's stats. I know he would like him to be picked #1. I know he knows trying to throw long without a run game is deadly because I heard him say it when he fired OC last year.

A problem this year is that Sanders tried to get new OL but other teams kept telling recruits that Prime would leave Colorado after Shedeur was drafted. I don't know if that's true but its a believable point that scared players off.
Everything Sanders is doing is about his sons.

Yeah, heard that too but I got to think the locker room culture has a bigger impact in recruits/transfers not wanting to join the program.

Reactions: ashokan
Real loser energy from Nebraska fans to rush the field after the win.

Sanders kid walks off the field after getting pulled. Soft. I know a guy whose son was on the team last year. The stuff he told me going on in the locker room is absolutely wild. This is an epic train wreck waiting to happen.
Oh boy... c'mon now. Dish.

💺💺💺💺💺💺💺🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

Reactions: Foads
Guess any rumors of Deion being the next FSU or Florida HC are being put on hold and Shedeur's Heisman hype might have walked out the door the minute he fled the field

Reactions: Steve91562
Reactions: Knight Shift
That is true but you don't rush the field over that when they are a bad team. Could understand if they were a mid to high ranked team but that wasn't the case.
The hype the press gave Colorado made it look like a good program and Big Red fans have been waiting a long time to feel good about the Cornhuskers ,so this seemed like a perfect opportunity to celebrate their feelings that Nebraska's glory days are back .

Reactions: LETSGORU91
The hype the press gave Colorado made it look like a good program and Big Red fans have been waiting a long time to feel good about the Cornhuskers ,so this seemed like a perfect opportunity to celebrate their feelings that Nebraska's glory days are back .
I'm just applying the same standard for all the criticism that RU received for rushing the field after beating Michigan for it's first B1G win. So if the Midwest yahoo's want to criticize that they deserve it in return.

Reactions: Virginiarufan
Shedeur Sanders doing his best Willie Beamen impersonation. He's getting hammered for leaving the game early with his entourage (if he was hurt he would have went in the tent or wouldn't have been hanging on the sidelines till less than 2 mins.) and then throwing his Oline under the bus during the postgame. This kid better grow up quick. If one of our players did what he just did, we would be all over him.

Shedeur Sanders doing his best Willie Beamen impersonation. He's getting hammered for leaving the game early with his entourage (if he was hurt he would have went in the tent or wouldn't have been hanging on the sidelines till less than 2 mins.) and then throwing his Oline under the bus during the postgame. This kid better grow up quick. If one of our players did what he just did, we would be all over him.

A bad omen for someone who might be drafted by a team with a losing record Or not drafted.

Reactions: koleszar
Is Deion proud he kicked a Chris Ash field goal to avoid the shutout?

Oh that was good times.
So many people justified those HC Ash FGs.

For some reason 70-0 meant no recruits would come here and we were a dead program.

But 70-3 is a world of difference and keeps HC Ash in with all the elite recruits.
One of the dumbest arguments on here.

Oh that was good times.
So many people justified those HC Ash FGs.

For some reason 70-0 meant no recruits would come here and we were a dead program.

But 70-3 is a world of difference and keeps HC Ash in with all the elite recruits.
One of the dumbest arguments on here.
I don't remember those arguments. But without considering recruits, would you agree that any points are better than 0 points?

Colorado is a train wreck and coach Prime has been exposed as a fraud. His combative style and lack of accountability have underscored the fact that he’s not a leader, nor does he teach leadership to his players (and sons). -( Look no further than Sheduer’s post game trashing of his o-line.) He can’t build a culture or a roster, clearly.

He’ll be gone as soon as his sons and Travis Hunter are gone.

Colorado took a flyer on him and got burned.

Colorado is a train wreck and coach Prime has been exposed as a fraud. His combative style and lack of accountability have underscored the fact that he’s not a leader, nor does he teach leadership to his players (and sons). -( Look no further than Sheduer’s post game trashing of his o-line.) He can’t build a culture or a roster, clearly.

If the kid gets a rep for trash talking his OL- wait until his first camp....

I don't remember those arguments. But without considering recruits, would you agree that any points are better than 0 points?

I'll have to see if I can dig them up.
Similar to your question, people disagreed when I said it was more scared coaching from HC Ash.

I would say there is a negligible difference in all considerations between losing 55-0 and losing 55-3 with a final minutes FG.

Recruiting, contract negotiations, national/local perception.
I cant think of a single substantial reason to kick a FG in that situation.

Not even the most brain dead football fan is changing their opinion based on a late game FG in a blownout.

The only not terrible reason could be "I wanted to get our FG kicker action". Maybe if they have never kicked a FG before. But even that would be low. Would rather get another snap for other players.

I'll have to see if I can dig them up.
Similar to your question, people disagreed when I said it was more scared coaching from HC Ash.

I would say there is a negligible difference in all considerations between losing 55-0 and losing 55-3 with a final minutes FG.

Recruiting, contract negotiations, national/local perception.
I cant think of a single substantial reason to kick a FG in that situation.

Not even the most brain dead football fan is changing their opinion based on a late game FG in a blownout.

The only not terrible reason could be "I wanted to get our FG kicker action". Maybe if they have never kicked a FG before. But even that would be low. Would rather get another snap for other players.
I'm not saying the arguments were not made that you say were made. I was so strung out on heroin and crack during the Ash years, I can't remember anything from that era. My poor children will never go to another college football game again. Scarred for life!

• Haha
Reactions: NickRU714
I know it’s Barstool. But if true, I’d tell Deion to GFY and GTFOOHWTS…

Prime made it rain for Colorado.
They were so broke when they signed him that they didn't have the money to pay him
Now they have the second season of sold-out season tickets
They sold-out every game in 2023 (beat a record from 1996) and so far 2024 also.
The city loves it and TV ratings are among top teams - 4.8m for North Dakota State
If Colorado is "burned" they aren't unhappy about it

"Selling out of season tickets for the second year in a row shows how strong our fan base is and the continued impact of and trust in Coach Prime," CU athletic director Rick George said in a statement. "We are ready for an exciting 2024 season and expect a full house for every game for the second straight season."

Is there still anyone on the Prime band wagon?
Hard to see him succeeding considering the extra info we have now this year. Still the same problems from last year, worrying about things which shouldn’t even be on his mind like the reporter and then culture issues.

Anyone can be a good front runner but to actually fix problems and get through difficulties etc.., you need camaraderie, teamwork, etc…I can’t say that they have that. You can’t out talent everyone like at Jackson St. You actually need to coach and develop, a football team is more than just a few playmakers.

They were so broke when they signed him that they didn't have the money to pay him
They sold-out every game in 2023 (beat a record from 1996) and so far 2024 also.
The city loves it and TV ratings are among top teams - 4.8m for North Dakota State

"Selling out of season tickets for the second year in a row shows how strong our fan base is and the continued impact of and trust in Coach Prime," CU athletic director Rick George said in a statement. "We are ready for an exciting 2024 season and expect a full house for every game for the second straight season."

This part I agree with. So on one hand I don’t see the team succeeding anymore and on the other hand he was good for business, at least in the short term.

Agree- he is bringing them 3 years of cash. Sort of like giving them a fish to eat instead of teaching them to fish...

Agree- he is bringing them 3 years of cash. Sort of like giving them a fish to eat instead of teaching them to fish...

Prime is 4th coach Col hired after firing three (and the last one was a black coach). Like most universities, football was expected to pay the bills at Colorado. So after years of severely declining attendance and cash flow, Colorado athletics were on edge of an abyss.

Colorado was as eager to get rid of existing players as Prime was - no arm twisting - uni was a happy co-conspirator . The uni president is happy too. Colorado is fishing with Prime. Interestingly Trevor Hunter is a huge fishing guy. Doesn't go out and party - just fishes.

On the downside I find Prime too "90s."
"Bling" as a term is out of style but the Prime crew does 90s bling like its still going..
It does get tedious and he spoils players into bad habits.
But it gets attention - Buffs are like Kardashians - everybody says they hate them but they don't go away and keep the attention coming

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT