ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Shine Is Off Coach Prime

I don't think Prime is shedding any tears

Sorry but, Neon Deion can act like transfers and depth doesn't matter on the Oline, but relying on a true freshman to anchor the left side of your line is a recipe for disaster. He's fixed absolutely nothing with the Oline and continuity is nonexistent. His perpetual rotating of the roster and depending on others to develop players for him is going to blow up in his face. He's churned through 97 players in just over a year.

Time to dust this one off and restart the conversation since it will be in the national spotlight again.

By all accounts, Deion is facing more scrutiny this year from the media and not liking it.

"Last week, the Colorado Buffaloes coach went viral after he refused to answer questions from certain reporters, expressing displeasure over their coverage of his program. He even declined to engage with a CBS Denver reporter he claimed to "have love for" due to dissatisfaction with where CBS Sports ranked him in a preseason coach ranking."

https://www.si.com/college/colorado...ers-with-dose-of-reality-after-media-shutdown

Can just imagine how bad it will get if the OL issues are not resolved or more stories about the culture start leaking out.

Should make for some interesting media fodder.
Seems like the Deion love is ending and reality has arrived.
Instead of the media proclaiming he has a golden touch, they now are saying he needs to prove it
>"If Sanders has another bad season the microscope will get far bigger than it is now.
So Sanders is working the refs ahead of that possible outcome by attempting to intimidate the media. If things go bad, he wants to preemptively stop journalists from asking tough questions. He wants reporters and opinion writers to feel it’s not worth the trouble. That there will be pain in return if they do."<

Sorry but, Neon Deion can act like transfers and depth doesn't matter on the Oline, but relying on a true freshman to anchor the left side of your line is a recipe for disaster. He's fixed absolutely nothing with the Oline and continuity is nonexistent. His perpetual rotating of the roster and depending on others to develop players for him is going to blow up in his face. He's churned through 97 players in just over a year.
Remember last year when idiots were salivating over coach prime and throwing shade at Schiano ? That was pretty annoying . Those same people are very very quiet this year.

Reactions: Arizona Knight
This is why you don’t run your mouth off. Football is won up front, period.

Deion is going to end up getting ran out of town. I said this when he got hired, but I do feel bad for the long time CU fans.

It’s going to end ugly IMO. I’d be losing my mind right now if he were at RU.

Reactions: Knight Shift
This is why you don’t run your mouth off. Football is won up front, period.

Deion is going to end up getting ran out of town. I said this when he got hired, but I do feel bad for the long time CU fans.

It’s going to end ugly IMO. I’d be losing my mind right now if he were at RU.
He was such an ass in that interview. Geez.

I generally don't follow preseason CFB media or practices etc. so I don't know what Primester is up to. I do even less following this year because the world is too crazy. I know Buffs got a TCU OL and that's it.

One way Prime got hurt this year was other coaches telling potential transfers that Sanders would leave after his son's last season (2024). I don't think that's the case but I can see where others might .

Last year's OL had added problems with the OC always calling for long pass plays the OL couldn't handle. The run game was flat and Shedeur and Travis were the main weapons so I can understand the long ball attempts - but Shedeur was getting killed. Then Sanders and his OL had a falling out. It didn't help that all the hype around Col made other teams want to beat them hard.

"Prime" was a creation and in the 80s/90s and it fit the culture then. Now with social media it gets too stale too fast. A salty presser now and then is fun, When it becomes daily its easy to tune-out. I'll watch the first games and see what goes on. Shedeur and Travis are two of best players in CFB so the highlights will be there. Sapp is enjoying his coaching role and I want to see how that all goes. Hoefully there is no "GameDay" show because that backfired last year

I generally don't follow preseason CFB media or practices etc. so I don't know what Primester is up to. I do even less following this year because the world is too crazy. I know Buffs got a TCU OL and that's it.

One way Prime got hurt this year was other coaches telling potential transfers that Sanders would leave after his son's last season (2024). I don't think that's the case but I can see where others might .

Last year's OL had added problems with the OC always calling for long pass plays the OL couldn't handle. The run game was flat and Shedeur and Travis were the main weapons so I can understand the long ball attempts - but Shedeur was getting killed. Then Sanders and his OL had a falling out. It didn't help that all the hype around Col made other teams want to beat them hard.

"Prime" was a creation and in the 80s/90s and it fit the culture then. Now with social media it gets too stale too fast. A salty presser now and then is fun, When it becomes daily its easy to tune-out. I'll watch the first games and see what goes on. Shedeur and Travis are two of best players in CFB so the highlights will be there. Sapp is enjoying his coaching role and I want to see how that all goes. Hoefully there is no "GameDay" show because that backfired last year
Sounds like Prime rib has gone to spare rib for you.
Never wished Prime any ill will. I like his flashy personality. He had to dog Colorado out of a deep hole. It would have been best for him to tone it down.

How many times do people need to learn the lesson that fast "miracle" turnarounds never last? Remember Michigan State's amazing season with a team assembled from the transfer portal? How did that work out?

Schiano said that he would build our program the right way and "it would be built to last." That's a lesson for young people and some impatient fans. There are no quick fix miracles in life. If you cut corners, failure will eventually catch up with you.

Scarlet Jerry

How many times do people need to learn the lesson that fast "miracle" turnarounds never last? Remember Michigan State's amazing season with a team assembled from the transfer portal? How did that work out?

Schiano said that he would build our program the right way and "it would be built to last." That's a lesson for young people and some impatient fans. There are no quick fix miracles in life. If you cut corners, failure will eventually catch up with you.

Scarlet Jerry
But for Colorado it was heavy about the money - the athletic dept was broke - didn't even have the money yet to pay Prime. Sanders was the 4th coach in ten years and the fans were mostly gone. The uni was even down with getting rid of existing players because too many had bad habits. Not everything is about W's/L's for Colorado.

Season tickets sold out again

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT