ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Trini Lopez dead at 83

RUhasarrived

All American
May 7, 2007
The Latin American folk singer from Dallas had a smash hit "If I Had a Hammer" in 1963.

There seems to be a controversy whether he had COVID-19 or not,as reported at Wiki.

In any event:"Oo Oo Oo Oo."

Trini was pretty big in the 1960s , If I had a Hammer and Lemon Tree are two songs I remember him for
For those of you that like the Dirty Dozen movie , he played Pedro Jimenez in it (#10)

Reactions: BigRnj
For those of you that like the Dirty Dozen movie , he played Pedro Jimenez in it (#10)

Oh I know him now - what a cast - back when the guys making war movies had all been in one. Now they are bartenders in tight pants in LA

Reactions: CERU00
Trini was pretty big in the 1960s , If I had a Hammer and Lemon Tree are two songs I remember him for

Only Donald Sutherland and Jim Brown left from the main characters. Some of the other "Dozen" are alive but they barely had any lines.
Always liked that movie.

the-dirty-dozen-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Saw him at The Barn in '64 or '65. Came on stage with his back to the audience and did a 90 second tongue trill with his back to the audience before turning around and going into La Bamba. I'm not positive, but it might have been the same The Barn show when Woody Allen did the same "pet ant" monologue featured in Annie Hall. (Or was Woody Allen in the same show with Odetta?)

Saw him at The Barn in '64 or '65. Came on stage with his back to the audience and did a 90 second tongue trill with his back to the audience before turning around and going into La Bamba. I'm not positive, but it might have been the same The Barn show when Woody Allen did the same "pet ant" monologue featured in Annie Hall. (Or was Woody Allen in the same show with Odetta?)
Whatever it was it sounds like it was great fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT