ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA soccer Hope Solo question

UMRU

All Conference
Sep 19, 2006
Solo's a great player, but her off field issues make her a less than ideal role model.

Would you have a bad reaction to seeing a young girl wearing a Solo USA jersey? My daughter wants one and my wife is not sure.

Wasn't she drunk one night and beat up her sister and nephew? Didn't she also assault her boyfriend who was an ex-NFLer?

She had done some trashy things - not a great role model. Also not sure how long she will be US GK (think she's 34 or 35). Rutgers GK Casey Murphy could be US GK in 3 years ironically. Carli may not be around for 5 years also, but probably at least 2-3. She is best player in world right now. Morgan is best choice for jersey - young, pretty, all-American type.

I think there seems to be a lot more to the assault stories so not sure what to go with on that one (not as clear cut that what she did is as bad as what they make it out to be). She also had racy nude pics floating around the internet (although I think that was from a hack job so that's questionable as well).

I think there seems to be a lot more to the assault stories so not sure what to go with on that one (not as clear cut that what she did is as bad as what they make it out to be). She also had racy nude pics floating around the internet (although I think that was from a hack job so that's questionable as well).
Just have to check out the ESPN Body issue to find those.

Probably not a good idea.

I let my teenage son wear a ray rice jersey. Next thing you know he starts beating up his girlfriend the following night. We had to take her to the bicycle shop to fix the leak and reinflate her.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikefla
Just have to check out the ESPN Body issue to find those.

No, not those pics in ESPN's the "Body Issue".

The full on nudes that leaked from "The Fappening".
And for Hope Solo, saying that they were less than complimentary is probably the understatement of the year.

My daughter loves her. We talked about it but got her jersey, fat head, and book anyway. Bonus she is too young to find any of bad stuff on line

As a soccer player she is clutch. Damn right I'd let her wear it. I am sure as posted above this is about the play and not the poor off field choices. If I was going to wear one it would definitely be her and Carli.

Last edited:
Sure. She keeps her hidden iPad, the internet password, with her crack pipe

Thanks folks. I let my wife read this and now she gets why I spend so much time in this site.

And my daughter will get her jersey (FYI she already has a Carli jersey of course)

She had done some trashy things - not a great role model. Also not sure how long she will be US GK (think she's 34 or 35). Rutgers GK Casey Murphy could be US GK in 3 years ironically. Carli may not be around for 5 years also, but probably at least 2-3. She is best player in world right now. Morgan is best choice for jersey - young, pretty, all-American type.

Don't know why a Rutgers fan would recommend an Alex Morgan jersey over a Carli jersey. So what that Morgan will be around longer, the OP' s daughter will out grow this jersey and 2 others by the time Carli is no longer playing.

Thanks folks. I let my wife read this and now she gets why I spend so much time in this site.

And my daughter will get her jersey (FYI she already has a Carli jersey of course)
Keeping with the boards ability to provide great info. Solo will be playing at Yurcak on Father's Day. I say this with some trepidation BC I'm not sure of her US responsibilities. I'm looking into it now but in theory she will be in NJ for that game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT