ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Women's professional soccer games

vkj91

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 7, 2007
has anyone ever gone to one of their games? The NJ based team plays at RU and over the course of a season all the best women's players will have been here. Also, are there any bad seats at Yurcak field?

No, all the seats at Yurcack are fine. My friend actually just signed on with the Sky Blue in their front office. He's been all over NB trying to get businesses to promote the team but hasn't been gaining much traction so far.

As mikebal9 said all seats are fine. Erica Skroski from RU was drafted by Sky Blue & will be playing with them this year. She just completed a European tour with the US Women's U 23 team. Brianna Reed of RU was drafted by Kansas City & I believe they play Sky Blue at Yurcak this year, though not sure.

has anyone ever gone to one of their games? The NJ based team plays at RU and over the course of a season all the best women's players will have been here. Also, are there any bad seats at Yurcak field?

I love Yurcak for soccer/lacrosse. It's not high end luxury (typical metal bench seating with no backs), but the stands are very close to the field and there are no really bad seats. Plus, it can get quite loud when the fans are riled up and stomping their feet on the metal stands.

You will be amazed at how good they are. The speed and strength do not come across on TV. If you follow and enjoy soccer, go see them (Sky Blue).

You will be amazed at how good they are. The speed and strength do not come across on TV. If you follow and enjoy soccer, go see them (Sky Blue).
My two girls love soccer and I'm gonna get seats. Question is where? You can sit on the field(assuming opposite the players behind some board) but im concerned view is crappy when action is away. Or you can sit midfield in bleachers and have better view but will the action seem more Alive down low?

Yea was wondering if tailgating was an option

Lots of tailgating at Sky Blue games. I've been to almost every game over the past 6ish years since they came to Yurcak. Very fun atmosphere--- it is very mellow during weekday games but last season or so they moved everything to the weekends. When it's warm it's a lot of fun. Tons of youth teams. Big stars draw the crowds --- Alex Morgan, Marta, etc. Beer garden near the corner kick area. I don't recommend on-field seats, just sit in the stands. Not a bad seat.

Reactions: hrdcorhays
Lots of tailgating at Sky Blue games. I've been to almost every game over the past 6ish years since they came to Yurcak. Very fun atmosphere--- it is very mellow during weekday games but last season or so they moved everything to the weekends. When it's warm it's a lot of fun. Tons of youth teams. Big stars draw the crowds --- Alex Morgan, Marta, etc. Beer garden near the corner kick area. I don't recommend on-field seats, just sit in the stands. Not a bad seat.
Thanks

My two girls love soccer and I'm gonna get seats. Question is where? You can sit on the field(assuming opposite the players behind some board) but im concerned view is crappy when action is away. Or you can sit midfield in bleachers and have better view but will the action seem more Alive down low?

I didn't want to spend the money (I think they are ~$80), but it seemed pretty darn cool to be sitting on the field - as long as you are near midfield. But the stands are also good - not really very far away. People do tailgate. Also the players seem pretty open to saying hi and signing autographs.

Are they the only pro team that does not have a geographic name ? When are they going to change it to New Jersey Sky Blue ?

Are they the only pro team that does not have a geographic name ? When are they going to change it to New Jersey Sky Blue ?
Yea I didn't like that either. In fact, when I started searching I was looking at the NY club. If it wasn't for my RU fandom I wouldn't have known The name of our field. Which in turn led me to discovering the Nj team

100% agree with this. These girls are super athletic and technically very good. Watching these games on youtube, you dont really get a sense of their athleticism and speed. Only issue is the screaming from the little girls in the stands but you can tune that out after a while. lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT