ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Season beach tags

🤣

Bridge is owned by Monmouth County. Sorry bud but you'll be stuck with the bill.
Anyone who knows anything about local contracts knows that Earle will get a big piece of that contract. The owner of that company is married to the artist formerly known as Ashley Dupre. Don't think they will get any work in NY though. Earle paved parts the Edgar Felix Bike Path near the Parkway overpasses. Giant divot at the approach of the southbound bridge fills with water making a giant puddle and freezes in the winter.

The cost of that bridge will be $300 million before it is done. @koleszar -- you need to get in on that boondoggle.

Anyone who knows anything about local contracts knows that Earle will get a big piece of that contract. The owner of that company is married to the artist formerly known as Ashley Dupre. Don't think they will get any work in NY though. Earle paved parts the Edgar Felix Bike Path near the Parkway overpasses. Giant divot at the approach of the southbound bridge fills with water making a giant puddle and freezes in the winter.

The cost of that bridge will be $300 million before it is done. @koleszar -- you need to get in on that boondoggle.

Amazing how the paving cartel have connections to Brielle. Harmes. Keily, Earle, Crisdel, Stavola, Hesse...all either live there full time, have houses or keep their boats.

As the map shows, it's 3 bridges, not just Glimmer Glass. I was told that they will also need to raise parts of Brielle, Fisk, and Green to accommodate the new main bridge.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Amazing how the paving cartel have connections to Brielle. Harmes. Keily, Earle, Crisdel, Stavola, Hesse...all either live there full time, have houses or keep their boats.
IIRC, Harms owns the property formerly owned by penny stock fraudster Robert Brennan. He has at least 2 boats docket at his riverfront palace. One is allegedly called "Change Order." Property taxes are only $68,000/year. They deserve a little payback for those taxes!!!

Stavola lived (maybe still lives) down the road from Bon Jovi's former palace and the Gov on the lovely Navesink River.

Maybe 7 years of education was a waste of money and opportunity lost?

Reactions: knightfan7
IIRC, Harms owns the property formerly owned by penny stock fraudster Robert Brennan. He has at least 2 boats docket at his riverfront palace. One is allegedly called "Change Order." Property taxes are only $68,000/year. They deserve a little payback for those taxes!!!

Stavola lived (maybe still lives) down the road from Bon Jovi's former palace and the Gov on the lovely Navesink River.

Maybe 7 years of education was a waste of money and opportunity lost?
I think the guy that ownd vonage bought Brennans house and knocked it down. Bad blood between them.

Yea Earle lives on the golf course/river. Stavola owns a couple marinas on the Manasquan. Hesse docked his boat there. Stavola wouldn't give him a break on the gas charge. So he brought his own right to the slip via one of his supply trucks.

Know Harmes and Hesse via a charity. When I first moved into town had breakfast at the river cafe. See TJ Earle, CJ Hesse, George Harms and one other sitting at the table next to me. That's when my theory of the pavement cartel was born.

As the map shows, it's 3 bridges, not just Glimmer Glass. I was told that they will also need to raise parts of Brielle, Fisk, and Green to accommodate the new main bridge.
I'm curious how they can raise those roads and not have to tear down any very expensive houses. Everything is so tight leading up to that bridge on both sides.

Reactions: NotInRHouse

They over charge by 100’s of K even before the change orders, GC’s argue with me about 100 bucks. Believe me folks, you want to know what you’re doing beforehand because change orders they rape you double.

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
I think the guy that ownd vonage bought Brennans house and knocked it down. Bad blood between them.

Yea Earle lives on the golf course/river. Stavola owns a couple marinas on the Manasquan. Hesse docked his boat there. Stavola wouldn't give him a break on the gas charge. So he brought his own right to the slip via one of his supply trucks.

Know Harmes and Hesse via a charity. When I first moved into town had breakfast at the river cafe. See TJ Earle, CJ Hesse, George Harms and one other sitting at the table next to me. That's when my theory of the pavement cartel was born.
Oh, crap. My bad. Harms is next door to the Vonage guy. Or a couple/few doors down. Big doors. And boats. Not as big as the Jamaica and the Paramount at Bogan's Boat Basin. Have a friend who bids on and does subcontract work for Harms.

Reactions: kupuna133
Learned quickly when I had my house raised.
I have to be the only one who doesn't gouge. I always feel bad for customers, but most guys, know they have you on the hook and there's no turning back now.

Some of the prices these towns charge are insane. A few over $100, but most seem pretty reasonable in the $20-$30 range. I recall Belmar back in the 80's was around $30 they have gone up to $80. Looking back $30 in the 80's was pretty high.
Island Beach State Park continues to be the best bargain and IMO nicest beach in NJ

@knightfan7 $95 in Manasquan!

FYI - just saw the news. Not a surprise since the condition of the pier has been going downhill for years:

FYI - just saw the news. Not a surprise since the condition of the pier has been going downhill for years:

I still don’t understand how he lost that place. It’s been in the family since his grandfather owned it. I heard he was basically bankrupt until he was bought out. Hopefully no condos going up. It’s such a big part of OC. What other HS football stadium is on the beach with a giant Ferris wheel next door?

I still don’t understand how he lost that place. It’s been in the family since his grandfather owned it. I heard he was basically bankrupt until he was bought out. Hopefully no condos going up. It’s such a big part of OC. What other HS football stadium is on the beach with a giant Ferris wheel next door?
Gotta be some bad business management. OC can easily support two attraction piers. Maybe Playland or Morey's bought it or will buy it? I would say hold firm on the zoning, but Gillian is the GD mayor, so who knows what will happen. LOL!

I think Icona is the new owner if I’m not mistaken. Hopefully no condos
Oh well. I guess this is the new location of their proposed Icona Ocean City resort. Didn't they try to put that thing next to this land a few years ago?

Nothing wrong with Icona. We stayed at the Avalon resort last fall. Extremely nice for the NJ shore.

Reactions: newell138
I think Icona is the new owner if I’m not mistaken. Hopefully no condos
I've enjoyed giving you the business in the past but, to be honest, everything I've heard or read about OC has been pretty positive. Here's hoping no one screws it up.

Hope that gets my ban from crossing the bridge rescinded.😊

• Haha
Reactions: newell138
I've enjoyed giving you the business in the past but, to be honest, everything I've heard or read about OC has been pretty positive. Here's hoping no one screws it up.

Hope that gets my ban from crossing the bridge rescinded.😊
Can Manasquan put Kirsch's arcade and the waterslidenback on the beach front and tear down those ugly condos?

If only.

I was told a few folks were surfing the inlet yesterday by accessing it off the shoal on the Point side. i guess they were getting a few rides in before it's removed for the 2nd time.
Thought they were trying to keep people off from that?

Crazy how dangerous this is as Officers on the boat were yelling to get off this sandbar.
454323197_2620076234839953_2666952675823757060_n.jpg
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...WGnIAh1ZyTlyPKNNG5hv8IjFovHI6HQLg&oe=66BE87AC

I forget where the dredged sand is going. Not sure if it’s Point Beach or Manasquan.
As each trip fills the dredger, it leaves the inlet and dumps it about 200 yards or so to the left of the jetty into the Manasquan surf out past where the waves are breaking, maybe 200 yards off shore.

As each trip fills the dredger, it leaves the inlet and dumps it about 200 yards or so to the left of the jetty into the Manasquan surf out past where the waves are breaking, maybe 200 yards off shore.
Interesting I saw them dump both Thursday and Friday mornings and it was inside the inlet near dog beach.

• Wow
Reactions: Rutgers NJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT