ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Season beach tags

Disclaimer: Of course they know a ton more about this stuff than I do.

In Manasquan Riddle Way Beach is more than half way north of the Inlet. Inlet, Whiting, Pompano, Brielle, Main 1, and Main 2 beaches are all between the Inlet and Riddle. Why go that far if you're going to say you're also helping the Manasquan beaches? With the northerly migration, in the end it'll help Sea Girt and Spring Lake more than the majority of Manasquan.

What am I missing?

Reactions: Knight Shift

In Manasquan Riddle Way Beach is more than half way north of the Inlet. Inlet, Whiting, Pompano, Brielle, Main 1, and Main 2 beaches are all between the Inlet and Riddle. Why go that far if you're going to say you're also helping the Manasquan beaches? With the northerly migration, in the end it'll help Sea Girt and Spring Lake more than the majority of Manasquan.

What am I missing?
And the Army Camp beach. Twas a great place to party as a teenager in the 1980s.

What am I missing?
I watched the process on Tuesday. It looks like they start the dumping (idle for a minute or two)at Whiting maybe it doesn’t start really flowing until Riddle. You can visibly see the boat rising in the water as it progresses northbound. They turn the boat around at Army beach.

Reactions: knightfan7
Because the other States pick up the tab.

Trenton loves the tourism and money the beach towns bring in. But they want them to pay for it.
You guys may be missing the unique position New Jersey is in with high-pop centers (in other states) within easy reach of its beaches. Long Island has paid beaches too. While the State of New Jersey could form a department to handle maintenance of all its beaches and provide free access.. and demand free access to all beaches.. it would be a big problem, IMHO. Let every town decide for itself. There's just too many people within too easy reach.

You guys may be missing the unique position New Jersey is in with high-pop centers (in other states) within easy reach of its beaches. Long Island has paid beaches too. While the State of New Jersey could form a department to handle maintenance of all its beaches and provide free access.. and demand free access to all beaches.. it would be a big problem, IMHO. Let every town decide for itself. There's just too many people within too easy reach.
On LI you pay for parking. A LOT.

Reactions: newell138
I watched the process on Tuesday. It looks like they start the dumping (idle for a minute or two)at Whiting maybe it doesn’t start really flowing until Riddle. You can visibly see the boat rising in the water as it progresses northbound. They turn the boat around at Army beach.
That would make more sense. Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT