ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Yankees moving AA Team to Bridgewater ?

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
Pay article out there that the New York Yankees may move their AA team from Trenton to Bridgewater. Zap may know how likely this is.

I seriously hope this doesn't happen. I love attending Trenton Thunder games. We already lost the Trenton Titans and Trenton Devils.

Reactions: czxqa and Postman_1
Somerset Patriots do pretty well and they aren't even affiliated. They would probably kill it there but I enjoy going to the Thunder games also.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
My guess is that Trenton would still have a minor league baseball team, either Indy or affiliated.
Somerset Patriots do pretty well and they aren't even affiliated. They would probably kill it there but I enjoy going to the Thunder games also.

Pay article out there that the New York Yankees may move their AA team from Trenton to Bridgewater. Zap may know how likely this is.
tenor.gif

Couple of things...

- thought the SI Yankees were gone?
- one of the best “first pitches” was thrown there
- could have been at Rutgers

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
My guess is that Trenton would still have a minor league baseball team, either Indy or affiliated.

Yes but with no affiliation they would lose a lot of fans most likely.

Sounds like it might also be a ploy so Trenton pumps more money into the field.

Yes but with no affiliation they would lose a lot of fans most likely.

Sounds like it might also be a ploy so Trenton pumps more money into the field.
Agree.

Never been to a Patriots game because of that. But have seen the Thunder, BlueClaws and the SI Yankees because of their MLB connections.

Couple of things...

- thought the SI Yankees were gone?
- one of the best “first pitches” was thrown there
- could have been at Rutgers
If plans for minor league contraction are implemented, the NY-Penn League is gone. With it would go the Staten Island Yankees and the Brooklyn Cyclones. However, reportedly the Mets will move their AA team from Binghamton to Brooklyn.

If plans for minor league contraction are implemented, the NY-Penn League is gone. With it would go the Staten Island Yankees and the Brooklyn Cyclones. However, reportedly the Mets will move their AA team from Binghamton to Brooklyn.
Makes sense to consolidate minor league teams closer to the home stadium.

Reactions: Knightmoves
An AA team affiliated with the Yankees would draw way more fans in Somerset compared to Trenton

Git er done! 👍
Both parks have max capacity around 6100, and both average around 5100 attendance. An extra 1000 $10 seats sold isn't going to make a difference. We're talking about the Yankees not the Mets.

The league Bridgewater plays in has had 200 players who have played or gone on to play in the major leagues. As long as the level of play is pretty good most people don’t care if it is affiliated. Once in a while you will see a major leaguer rehabbing, but generally the crowds are pretty steady. As long as it is a fun day at the ballpark and prices are reasonable, people will go.

I would make it a point to go to a few games if they move. I Can't see me going to Trenton, even thou it is not that far away from where i live (Hillsborough)

I would make it a point to go to a few games if they move. I Can't see me going to Trenton, even thou it is not that far away from where i live (Hillsborough)
But it’s not really in “Trenton” when you think about it.

Right on the Delaware and a really nice ballpark.

If they move I really hope they can get another MLB affiliate.

And if the place where the Titans used to play gets a hockey team back as a tenant I’ll be there in the stands.

They have six affiliates and if the contraction happens, they'll need to go to 5. Replacing the Thunder with the Somerset team does nothing for them. What makes a whole lot more sense is taking on the Patriots to replace the SI Yanks and Charleston River Dogs.

Both parks have max capacity around 6100, and both average around 5100 attendance. An extra 1000 $10 seats sold isn't going to make a difference. We're talking about the Yankees not the Mets.
That's the Mets under the Wilpons aka Coupons. Once the deal is done with Cohen, he will be the richest owner in MLB. Different ballgame next year.

Reactions: rurichdog
I love going to Patriots games every summer, and this would be a nice twist, though prices would probably get more expensive.

Still need to make to a Trenton Thunder game.

Not happening. And this is coming from a Yankee fan and someone who goes to about 5 Patriot games a year.

Good seats will be priced higher with an affiliated team in Somerset County, especially the Yankees. Trenton is as much Philly as NY based. Figure pricing similar to the Cyclones. $$$$

Stadium in Bridgewater is great. 5 mins from my office. Haven’t been to Trenton Thunder stadium in a long while but got to see Vladimir Guerrero throw frozen ropes across the field and hit beebees out of the park when he was played AA for the Harrisburg Senators and came to play against the Thunder when they were affiliated with the Red Sox. You could tell Vlad would be a Hall of Famer one day just from seeing that game alone.

Minor league baseball is the true essence of the game. No bad seat in the house. Easy to get to and the whole family can enjoy. Went to Mets stadium in Coney Island last summer to see a friend’s brother play for the visiting team and it was a fabulous setting and stadium to watch a baseball game.

Would be fun to see the Yank’s presence in the state expand.

GO RU

many dancers upgrade with masks, butter faces with hot bods 😀

The West Brook Tavern near the ballpark was a good stop, I've been there a few times
Hah very true about the talent!

I know that bar. It’s a good stop. Been going to Stan’s Chitch’s pizza down the road there since I was a kid in the 80s. Get back there a couple times a year nowa

Hope B-Mets to Brooklyn happens and that SI Yankees still survive. Hopefully the combo of Somerset replacing the Charleston and keeping Trenton and SI is in play next year.

It's too bad Newark Bears Stadium never had a legit MiLB organization. They would still exist today and the stadium would not be a drive in theater.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT