OT: Yankees / Phillies

Status
Not open for further replies.

S_Janowski

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 24, 2009
Marlton, NJ
Phillies didn’t show up for this series.

But maybe even bigger news is that a Phillies fan (dressed as a Yankees fan in a Judge jersey) slapped another Phillies fan unconscious.

Remember only philly fans are scumbags…

Ice Cube Knockout GIF

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
Here’s another one (surprised this didn’t get discussed last week).

Philly fans dressed as Mets and Yankees fans travel up I95 to duke it out at the Subway Series.

https://cuatower.com/2023/10/6-times-philadelphia-fans-were-out-of-control/

Here are the top 6 incendiary moments from Philadelphia fans.

6. Eagles fan Arrested for Punching Police Horse.

In 2018, a man was arrested during an NFC divisional playoff game against the Falcons, for punching the horse of a Philadelphia police officer. According to a police report at the time, a man was ejected because “he was intoxicated and did not possess a ticket.” After his ejection from Lincoln stadium, the man walked toward a policeman mounted on a horse and “began punching the horse in the face, neck, and shoulder area.” Luckily neither the horse nor officer were injured.

5. Philly Fans Get Their Bracelet Privileges Revoked.

Philly sports fans are infamous beyond their football-related shenanigans. On one occasion in 2016, Philadelphia Hockey fans decided to partake in some bad behavior around the ice rink. As the Washington Capitals scored, strengthening their lead to 6-1 in the third period, the fans started to throw their wristbands, which were meant for a light show to honor Flyers owner Ed Snider, on the ice. The sheer amount of bands across the playing surface caused the game to be delayed for another day. In a statement, the team said, “Fans have the right to voice their displeasure vocally or by not watching or attending games, but when displeasure is expressed in a way that embarrasses or endangers others, it cannot be condoned or tolerated.”

4. Phillies Fan Arrested for Intentionally Projectile Vomiting.

In 2010, a fan at a Phillies baseball game was arrested for purposefully upchucking onto a fan and his 11-year-old daughter. Matthew Clemens was charged with three counts of harassment, disorderly conduct, and simple assault for his loss of lunch. The father of the 11-year-old said,, “It was the most vile, disgusting thing I’ve ever seen. He has two fingers down his throat, he lunges forward and vomits on myself and my 11-year-old.”

3. Phillies Fans Threw Batteries at Cardinals Outfielder.

In 1999, fans were displaying their adamant displeasure with J.D. Drew who had decided against the Phillies to sign with the St. Louis Cardinals. Their preferred form of displeasure was chucking batteries. This was likely because a writer for the Philadelphia Inquirer had suggested to “get your D-cells ready.” The joke was taken far too literally.

2. Eagles Fans Chucked Hoagies at Santa Claus.

Perhaps the most infamous of all of the Philly fan antics was the year Philadelphia fans booed Santa Claus. The year was 1968, and the Eagles were, “an absolute dumpster fire” – tensions were on the rise, as Philly fans were even more aggravated than usual. The fact that they were freezing in snow-covered stands did not help get them into the “holiday mood”. So, when Santa Claus (Frank Olivo) walked out onto the field, Philadelphia fans didn’t see a jolly, fat, old elf. What they saw was a big, fat, red target. With so much snow, just right there, the catharsis of pitching a snowball at the big man was too much for fans to resist. It started with just the snow, but soon fans began throwing whatever they had available. This included (but was not limited to) beer cans, bottles– and yes–hoagies.

1. Philly Fans Just Kept Peeing. EVERYWHERE.

It’s no surprise to anyone that most of the Philly fan’s infamous antics have a certain substance at their core. Yes, drinking to excess seems to be a sport of its own for Philly fans, and it’s a largely attributed cause for many of their outlandish actions. But the thing about drinking a lot of alcohol is that it has to go somewhere. And, apparently, so do drunk fans. Reports claim that fans could be found “urinating in the sinks, urinating on the sidewalls.”Some fans got so desperate, that they pulled the paper towels straight out of the dispensers to piddle in there too.

Reactions: Postman_1
https://cuatower.com/2023/10/6-times-philadelphia-fans-were-out-of-control/

Here are the top 6 incendiary moments from Philadelphia fans.

6. Eagles fan Arrested for Punching Police Horse.

In 2018, a man was arrested during an NFC divisional playoff game against the Falcons, for punching the horse of a Philadelphia police officer. According to a police report at the time, a man was ejected because “he was intoxicated and did not possess a ticket.” After his ejection from Lincoln stadium, the man walked toward a policeman mounted on a horse and “began punching the horse in the face, neck, and shoulder area.” Luckily neither the horse nor officer were injured.

5. Philly Fans Get Their Bracelet Privileges Revoked.

Philly sports fans are infamous beyond their football-related shenanigans. On one occasion in 2016, Philadelphia Hockey fans decided to partake in some bad behavior around the ice rink. As the Washington Capitals scored, strengthening their lead to 6-1 in the third period, the fans started to throw their wristbands, which were meant for a light show to honor Flyers owner Ed Snider, on the ice. The sheer amount of bands across the playing surface caused the game to be delayed for another day. In a statement, the team said, “Fans have the right to voice their displeasure vocally or by not watching or attending games, but when displeasure is expressed in a way that embarrasses or endangers others, it cannot be condoned or tolerated.”

4. Phillies Fan Arrested for Intentionally Projectile Vomiting.

In 2010, a fan at a Phillies baseball game was arrested for purposefully upchucking onto a fan and his 11-year-old daughter. Matthew Clemens was charged with three counts of harassment, disorderly conduct, and simple assault for his loss of lunch. The father of the 11-year-old said,, “It was the most vile, disgusting thing I’ve ever seen. He has two fingers down his throat, he lunges forward and vomits on myself and my 11-year-old.”

3. Phillies Fans Threw Batteries at Cardinals Outfielder.

In 1999, fans were displaying their adamant displeasure with J.D. Drew who had decided against the Phillies to sign with the St. Louis Cardinals. Their preferred form of displeasure was chucking batteries. This was likely because a writer for the Philadelphia Inquirer had suggested to “get your D-cells ready.” The joke was taken far too literally.

2. Eagles Fans Chucked Hoagies at Santa Claus.

Perhaps the most infamous of all of the Philly fan antics was the year Philadelphia fans booed Santa Claus. The year was 1968, and the Eagles were, “an absolute dumpster fire” – tensions were on the rise, as Philly fans were even more aggravated than usual. The fact that they were freezing in snow-covered stands did not help get them into the “holiday mood”. So, when Santa Claus (Frank Olivo) walked out onto the field, Philadelphia fans didn’t see a jolly, fat, old elf. What they saw was a big, fat, red target. With so much snow, just right there, the catharsis of pitching a snowball at the big man was too much for fans to resist. It started with just the snow, but soon fans began throwing whatever they had available. This included (but was not limited to) beer cans, bottles– and yes–hoagies.

1. Philly Fans Just Kept Peeing. EVERYWHERE.

It’s no surprise to anyone that most of the Philly fan’s infamous antics have a certain substance at their core. Yes, drinking to excess seems to be a sport of its own for Philly fans, and it’s a largely attributed cause for many of their outlandish actions. But the thing about drinking a lot of alcohol is that it has to go somewhere. And, apparently, so do drunk fans. Reports claim that fans could be found “urinating in the sinks, urinating on the sidewalls.”Some fans got so desperate, that they pulled the paper towels straight out of the dispensers to piddle in there too.
Stay classy, Philadelphia.

NY fannies showing their true colors in this thread.

For some odd reason it’s always radio silence when these incidents happen with NY fans on this board haha.

Then when it’s posted you’re always incapable of discussing and acknowledging you have your own set of scumbags and revert to rehashing past incidents involving snowballs and Santa Claus.

Last edited:
NY fannies showing their true colors in this thread.

For some odd reason it’s always radio silence when these incidents happen with NY fans on this board haha.

Then when it’s discussed you’re always incapable of discussing and acknowledging you have your own set of scumbags.
Dude, you invited it by the way you positioned the OP. Of course you’re gonna get the responses you’re seeing.

I think everyone knows that every fan base has jackasses. And I think there are enough examples to suggest that Philly tops that list.

Dude, you invited it by the way you positioned the OP. Of course you’re gonna get the responses you’re seeing.

I think everyone knows that every fan base has jackasses. And I think there are enough examples to suggest that Philly tops that list.

No matter how the OP was phrased, the responses would have been the same. Its happened countless times on this board.

Im glad to hear that you at least acknowledge every fanbase has their own set of jackasses. Not everyone is capable of that for some odd reason.

I’ve witnessed a number of jackass Rutgers fans over the years, and something tells me they don’t all root for Philly teams.

This thread is stupid and further validates that social media should be renamed antisocial media.

1. Nobody knows what happened to precipitate the punch in the OP. Did the guy who got knocked out say something racist, or something vile to the guy or girlfriend of the guy who knocked him out? Did he threaten them in a menacing way that MIGHT have justified "A" response, but not necessarily punching the guy out.

2. Violence is never a solution, unless one is under imminent threat of violence. With #1 in mind, the guy who got punched out looked like he was attempting to deescalate the situation, and the guy still punched him out when he had his hands down. Seems like a cheap shot.

3. 1 or 2 fans do not represent an entire fanbase. Stop with the gaslighting of an entire fanbase with your n=1 BS sample size. Philly fans have a history and a reputation for good reason.

4. This toxic masculinity crap has to end. People like the guy who threw the punch should seek help for their issues. Hope they find him and put him in prison for assault and battery.

5. Grow up and stop flexing your stupid beer muscles.

This thread is stupid and further validates that social media should be renamed antisocial media.

1. Nobody knows what happened to precipitate the punch in the OP. Did the guy who got knocked out say something racist, or something vile to the guy or girlfriend of the guy who knocked him out? Did he threaten them in a menacing way that MIGHT have justified "A" response, but not necessarily punching the guy out.

2. Violence is never a solution, unless one is under imminent threat of violence. With #1 in mind, the guy who got punched out looked like he was attempting to deescalate the situation, and the guy still punched him out when he had his hands down. Seems like a cheap shot.

3. 1 or 2 fans do not represent an entire fanbase. Stop with the gaslighting of an entire fanbase with your n=1 BS sample size. Philly fans have a history and a reputation for good reason.

4. This toxic masculinity crap has to end. People like the guy who threw the punch should seek help for their issues. Hope they find him and put him in prison for assault and battery.

5. Grow up and stop flexing your stupid beer muscles.

If this OP was about an incident in Philly something tells me #1 and #3 of your post wouldn’t look anything like this.

Hey remember that time a Yankee fan was celebrating his bachelor party at a bar in left field at Yankee Stadium when a group of guys managed to beat the living daylights out of him - literally - by continually kicking hm in the head while he was already passed out on the ground?

Oh no....wait....those were PHILLIES fans at Citizen's Bank Park.

Reactions: Blueconditioner
If this OP was about an incident in Philly something tells me #1 and #3 of your post wouldn’t look anything like this.
blazing saddles no GIF

I couldn't care less about the Yankees or the Phillies, and I had no idea where this series was being played.

However, I do note that the Mets dominated the Yankees in the Subway Series 4-0, and the Phillies seem to be inferior in that they got walloped by the Yankees.

• Haha
Reactions: S_Janowski
No matter how the OP was phrased, the responses would have been the same. Its happened countless times on this board.

Im glad to hear that you at least acknowledge every fanbase has their own set of jackasses. Not everyone is capable of that for some odd reason.

I’ve witnessed a number of jackass Rutgers fans over the years, and something tells me they don’t all root for Philly teams.

I'm curious of why you are so insecure about how Philly fans are perceived poorly to the extent that you need to create a thread about anecdotal incidents involving NY Fans behaving badly to try and prove the opposite.

I'm curious of why you are so insecure about how Philly fans are perceived poorly to the extent that you need to create a thread about anecdotal incidents involving NY Fans behaving badly to try and prove the opposite.

No insecurity at all.

I actually enjoy the hypocrisy and holier than thou attitude by you people.

If they are fighting tonight in South Philly at the Linc is everyone going to blame the Philly fans for the brawl between Liverpool and Arsenal?

Yes....The Philly-based LIVERPOOL fans.....#UPTHEARSENAL!!!!
Actually there are a ton of NYY groups who are doing the double header today. A mix of both EPL fans. My friend at the game today said there were a lot of fans in red shirts rooting for the Yankees.
I'm sorry but I can't even think about spending an entire day sitting in stadiums in near 90 degrees and tropical humidity.

I definitely wouldn't have made this thread if I were a Phillies fan.
But if it was Phillies fan knocking out a Yankees fan you would have crybaby lol.
I'm a Yankees fan first and foremost, my second favorite team is the Phillies. My brother and I were bleacher creatures Section 39 from 1979 until it closed.
If any of you think any North East/Mid Atlantic fans of baseball or football are "better" than the others you're simply delusional.
The worst I've seen over the years are Jets fans. When you start setting seats on fire you are #1 worst in my book. There isn't a best on the list. It's bullshit that it's a few bad fans are just the problem when the rest of the bystanders are cheering them on, not helping the victim or laughing their ass off.

But if it was Phillies fan knocking out a Yankees fan you would have crybaby lol.
I'm a Yankees fan first and foremost, my second favorite team is the Phillies. My brother and I were bleacher creatures Section 39 from 1979 until it closed.
If any of you think any North East/Mid Atlantic fans of baseball or football are "better" than the others you're simply delusional.
The worst I've seen over the years are Jets fans. When you start setting seats on fire you are #1 worst in my book. There isn't a best on the list. It's bullshit that it's a few bad fans are just the problem when the rest of the bystanders are cheering them on, not helping the victim or laughing their ass off.
I wouldn't have been any more invested in that random phone video.

The 💩 thing is just next level.

I didn’t even click on the link from @RUInsanity thinking it was that one.

Gross…🤮

But in all seriousness, very nice facilities for all of their sports and I like how they are all close together. Easy in and easy out too.

No insecurity at all.

I actually enjoy the hypocrisy and holier than thou attitude by you people.

Then why not just keep it fun? Keep posting vids etc. of NY fans behaving poorly and we can keep posting the same about Philly fans.

Ahhh yes - it’s only anecdotal when it involved NY fans.

Typical attitude haha.

Then why not just keep it fun? Keep posting vids etc. of NY fans behaving poorly and we can keep posting the same about Philly fans.

I’m having plenty of fun in this thread. It’s amusing to see you how you guys can’t call out scummy/poor behavior from your own fanbase (but always so quick to point out anything that happens in Philly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT