ADVERTISEMENT

Our Sagarin hoops neighborhood

I’m thinking that the likely over/under on RU B1G wins this season is 3-4.

Hoping for better but I believe our big men are not ready to win in the B1G. The RU guards can’t do it all to get wins for the team IMO.

#106 Dayton, Belmont, Bucknell, Oregon State, Toledo, #111 Rutgers, Iona, VCU, UConn, Furman, #116 Princeton.
Ex-Rutgers assistant Tod Kowalczyk is a happy head coach (Toledo), one slot ahead of Rutgers. Coach Pikiell happy to have UConn in our rear view mirror.

What about Mitch & Murray State or Arthur Murray State?

MO
Maybe Bill Murray State.
-nngF2Y1.jpg

I think/hope/dream that help is on it's way. there hasn't been an emphasis on recruiting guys that can shoot. i just hope the new "pikiell" recruit has the defensive upside. He has shown in the 1st 1.4 years that he can get guys to play defense and rebound. Can Thiam, Harper, Baker, Mathis, Kiss defend at a similar level of Corey or Mike?
Can't wait til this bullshit stops getting spread..Mathis Harper and kiss can all shoot and baker is one of the best shooters to enter the program in years.

Reactions: RUDead
Can't wait til this bullshit stops getting spread..Mathis Harper and kiss can all shoot and baker is one of the best shooters to enter the program in years.
Thiam, though inconsistent, and perhaps not aggressive enough, is shooting over 40% from 3-point range on the season, and 43.5% from 3 in a small sample size (7 games) in Big Ten play.

It is not that there is no emphasis on recruiting shooters, just that it is not always easy to find them, especially shooters that can also defend.

Thiam, though inconsistent, and perhaps not aggressive enough, is shooting over 40% from 3-point range on the season, and 43.5% from 3 in a small sample size (7 games) in Big Ten play.

It is not that there is no emphasis on recruiting shooters, just that it is not always easy to find them, especially shooters that can also defend.

Maybe b=ball should adopt the hockey line change: the O team shoots....and here comes the D back on the floor!

MO
PS We need to score just 1 more point than the opposition every game to have a perfect season. Since the definition of a foul is variable (at least in terms of how it's interpreted by individual refs)....and the definition of a successful layup, dunk, mid range J or 3 point bomb is obvious ...we need MORE shooters / scorers: Period.

Maybe b=ball should adopt the hockey line change: the O team shoots....and here comes the D back on the floor!

MO
PS We need to score just 1 more point than the opposition every game to have a perfect season. Since the definition of a foul is variable (at least in terms of how it's interpreted by individual refs)....and the definition of a successful layup, dunk, mid range J or 3 point bomb is obvious ...we need MORE shooters / scorers: Period.

Do it like the Iowa girls game

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-on-six_basketball

Through Monday February 5, 2018 ...
#132 Saint Louis, Idaho, Albany-NY, Wright State, Rider, #137 Rutgers, Illinois State, Bradley, Memphis, Penn, #142 Marshall
Rider having us in their rear view mirror is humbling. You can not make this stuff up.
Did I hear David Byrne's "Road to Nowhere" during Indiana's warm-ups?

On February 15, 2018 ...
117 Georgia State, Saint Joseph’s-PA, Dayton, Wyoming, UC Santa Barbara, 122 Rutgers, Southern Illinois, New Mexico, Northern Iowa, UConn, 127 Iona.
Walt Frazier and Tim Cluess can not be happy that Rutgers has their teams in their rear view mirror.

Is there any way to chart the sagarin rating each week throughout the last few years? Would be very interesting to see in a format like a stock chart.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT