ADVERTISEMENT

OUT REBOUNDED 42 to 29

FIJI'83

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2008
Let this sink in … this was against little Lafayette College. This means we are usually one and done when we take those shots which spare the net and dent the rim, excluding all those air balls. “Myles where art thou?“ Against the big boys to come on our schedule we will see rebounding disparities far, far, far worse than this.

• Wow
Reactions: RUDead and RW90
Purdue will be a nice matchup for us this year with the two monsters they have in the middle. Plus they can shoot a little as well.

Reactions: RW90
You do realize that with rebounding stats every missed shot must have a corresponding rebound. When a team soots 28% (let me repeat that … 28%) that is a whole lot of rebounds available for the opponent. In a case like tonight unless you absolutely dominate the offensive boards YOU WILL BE out rebounded if you only shoot 28%.

You do realize that with rebounding stats every missed shot must have a corresponding rebound. When a team soots 28% (let me repeat that … 28%) that is a whole lot of rebounds available for the opponent. In a case like tonight unless you absolutely dominate the offensive boards YOU WILL BE out rebounded if you only shoot 28%.
Math is difficult for many

Long rebounds from errant 3s often result in offensive rebounds and another shot, but that goes out the window because we miss the rim a lot

Reactions: Loyal-Son
this is true...compound that with the Lafayette turnovers that never got a chance to have a possession result in a rebound........

However Lafayette played zone. Teams that play zone should be punished on the glass. The simple reason why more zone isn't played is because it is a defense you cant rebound out of.

I love Cliff....not sure how he could have had a goose egg against a Patriot League team playing zone. He played 34 minutes

Long rebounds from errant 3s often result in offensive rebounds and another shot, but that goes out the window because we miss the rim a lot
unfortunately that is a legitimate explanation. we also had shots go 2 feet long and not get rim the other way.

You wonder if there is a conditioning problem that would explain this.

Just shameful overall effort when two of your players (Cliff and Paul) have over half the rebounds (15 of 29).

unfortunately that is a legitimate explanation. we also had shots go 2 feet long and not get rim the other way.

The way we do not run the floor - except Cliff - has had me wondering the same thing.

Kinda makes me wonder if basketball players got the same NIL deal that Noah Vedral got, which includes free all-you-can-eat pizza, wings, cheeseburgers, and appetizers for him and his teammates.... 😉

Last edited:
Rebounding was my biggest concern when we lost Myles. It’s still a big concern but not my biggest anymore. Now it’s shooting. We are in trouble folks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT