ADVERTISEMENT

Penn on Saturday and a home match with Rider on Sunday at Jersey Mike's Arena

They are trying to make him a more disciplined and sound wrestler, but it’s not working. They need to just let him rip and deal with it because it’s horrendous to watch. Complete disaster.
Let him let it rip and wrestle the way he did freshman year… he’s clearly worst and much less dangerous now
He looks tentative and completely unsure of himself. Almost like he doesn't know what style he's supposed to wrestle any longer. Like you guys said, whatever they're teaching him to do is just not working. And now you have to wonder can he ever go back to that heart attack kid who just let it fly.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikemessner
Is Jacob Butler hurt long term or out for the season at this point? Cetta has wrestled well in the backup role but I feel like Butler has been out since like November.

My thoughts on the dual tonight. I had it 6-4 split in matches in favor of RU with outside of chance of getting that 7th win. I think the dual starting at 149 caused a little panic. If it started at 125 we would have won the first 4, lost the next 4 and won the last two to win the dual. So it was a very solid Dual win. Hoping Dean is not seriously injured as he is our best chance to AA.
However, do agree with some of the posters on the eternal hole at 165, the lack of production at 174-I do not think Turley would have won tonight. Since his AA year he is 15-19....at this point he is basically a 500 wrestler. Clark is what he is, a hard working kid, that is good on top, but really has no offense. But he is the best we have. Soldano is what I am most concerned about. He seems to have no confidence or swagger. Is it because the staff is trying to change his style? I do not know, but it does seem that way. Let the kid, let it fly and take the good with the bad....cause this style for him is just the bad. The problem is with the current struggles from 149 thru 184 it will be very hard to beat any top 15 teams.
Agree with one of the posters who said we have 5 AA potential wrestlers. I think we get 1 or 2 and a few blood round guys.

Didn’t look good for awhile … but RU did their job and took care of business!!!

I guess we should can Goody cause he can only coach 197 through 141. You freaking people make me laugh. Hold your stupid freaking comments until the meet is over.
Relax Bill ...you should be used to these guys hammering Goody ...at least the personal kid attacks have lightened up...they complain about the NIL because they want champagne with their beer wallets and blame Goody for that too ...sorry guys but top 15-20 rankings is what your cheap asses are gonna get with your limited wallets...that's a fact v ...they quit in the 4th inning of a game because we were down ...call for managers head in middle-of- the game ..I believe Penn lost to Iowa by a similar score and match ended up pretty dam close to wrestlestat prediction but hey let's all go for Goodys job ...just popped in today to see same suspects doing the same old shit because that's what they do ...get used to it WNG ...leopards don't change they're spots

Reactions: ChasRC69
Quick hits

1. Shawver finishing his attacks after midlands was good to see. Nice win
2. Mark hall should not be wearing jeans that tight
3. Poz looking confident and strong
4. Soldano not looking confident or strong
5. roger Raina has Lego hair
6. Did Turley have the Incontrera flu? Or did goody do what he said he doesn’t do and play duck duck goose
7. SCW legs are like 7-11….. always open
8. Moore proving to more than a physical wrestler. Nice win
9. Yara. Cool, calm and physical!
10. Big ten stretch won’t be pretty

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Reviews shouldn’t take this long. If you can’t tell in a minute or so, you stick with the call. It needs to be obvious one way or the other.
I was right next to the review table. About 2/3 of the review time (no exaggeration) the ref was saying “Can you hear me now?” to the person he was trying to communicate with on the headset about the review angles. Stupid technology. (The tech was malfunctioning all night on riding time too).

Last edited:
Reactions: Leonard23 and MS-RU
Beating a top 20 school with 3 backups in the lineup. Bad coaching
I was being facetious. (See my previous post after Poz dismantled his opponent)
Everyone knows where the strengths and weaknesses of the team.
These were known before the start of the season.

The Staff did a great job bringing in some graduate transfers.
Yara and Moore are the key this season.
If they get to the podium, this sets up RU as being the place for transfers (who were blood round wrestlers) to come and make their dreams come true.

Even when i am mad about a match, i do not denigrate or bad mouth the staff or wrestlers.
This thread started to go the route of the football or basketball game threads.

I am ok with questioning the staff, but not in every thread.

Do you understand what a “duck” is?
What is When you do not send your ranked wrestler on the mat against a higher ranked wrestler because you think or do not want him to lose, so you send out the back up Alex?

What is When you do not send your ranked wrestler on the mat against a higher ranked wrestler because you think or do not want him to lose, so you send out the back up Alex?
Wrong..the Penn wrestler was the higher ranked wrestler. Turley obviously had everything to gain and nothing to lose by wrestling.

But keep up the duck narrative..

Penn lost to Iowa 22-13. We beat Penn 22-14. Penn wins the recent Midlands by 20 points over Big Ten Wisconsin so put this win in proper perspective. A lot of the guys who beat our kids came back to place very high at Midland like Revano. Wrestling is a brutal sport. Many kids are banged up which I will not name. Take that into account

Penn lost to Iowa 22-13. We beat Penn 22-14. Penn wins the recent Midlands by 20 points over Big Ten Wisconsin so put this win in proper perspective. A lot of the guys who beat our kids came back to place very high at Midland like Revano. Wrestling is a brutal sport. Many kids are banged up which I will not name. Take that into account
Penn scored one more point against us ...replace Goody and his staff ...that is the narrative from a bunch of guys here in the middle of that match ...great fans we have ...the know it alls showed their true colors once again .

Pretty sparse crowd today. Good to see Peterson out there.

Beautiful trip by Dean to get the takedown and 2 NF. He leads 5-1 after 1.

Ugh Dean loses.. He looked tired and awful in the 2nd and 3rd. Clearly not a great move to start him today. Klinksy is a sub .500 wrestler for his career so that's a bad loss regardless.

😬 Peterson gassed out in 1st period. Walked a little gingerly but the issue seemed more to be the back to back weigh-ins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT