ADVERTISEMENT

Placing Penn State on Upset Alert!!!

I’m a little disappointed that Al didn’t start this thread with:

“We’re 1-9 but I think we beat Penn State.’

The only stupid shit is between your ears. Beating Penn State would be a milestone because its something we haven't done in a long, long time.

Whatever you say delusional...when we have a total of 5 passing yards and their asshole coach has kept their starters deep into the 4th quarter...you might want to get going on MSUs upset alert thread (you’ll be craving the attention by then) and posit how we can then salvage a 1-10 season...no doubt the Bama of the North...

sL4hDQu.jpg

On my office wall....
That is so 1988 based on the way the people are dressed in that photo. Acid washed jeans. Tongues out on the Reebok hitops. Great times. Too bad I graduated that spring and missed beating PSU while I was a student. The good news is my wife was a senior there so she had to experience that loss to us. At least I have that on her

Reactions: Kmase21
I kind of respect the die-hard fan attitude and in decades past I would have appreciated it and rallied behind it. Under Ash I have zero confidence and feel like comments such as this are embarrassing to the program by talking trash without any grounds.

For what it's worth,Oh My Joepa is not entered at the Meadowlands this week.He was bringing up the rear last week.

It’s not optimism...it’s attention seeking...even the most casual of observers should get the difference. If such an analysis was given at an actual game show, say the BTN or ESPiN, said giver of information would be fired due to incompetence.

I don’t need your attention, so feel free to ignore my threads. This is a Rutgers fan board, not espn, not BTN. If you want to wallow in your pit of misery, go right ahead. But stop raining on my parade.

i have PSU on upset alert also... I think they will be upset if they don't beat us by at least 3 TD's!! [roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

If we have any chance vs. Pedd State, it will be due to the following reasons, particularly the last two:

• PSU will be overconfident coming into the game
  • McSorley is hurt and we do something to reaggravate his knee injury
  • PSU's oline is one of the worst in the B1G, and we will actually blitz, run some stunts, and put pressure on them
  • Our team treats this game as their bowl game
  • PSU WRs will continue to drop big passes
  • kyk, who is wrong much more often that he is right, is so sure that we will lose that he will be attending the FUND-Sadexcuse game in the Bronx instead of the RU game (I hope that nobody considers this a give away of "premium" information, lol)
  • As painful as it will be losing to the Pedophile Supporters, it is in RU's best long term interest to lose big and get Ash the heck out of town. As any long time RU fan knows, things never work out for our long term interest. Worst case long term scenario for RU is that we upset Pedd State and Ash keeps his job another year or two, and this program gets buried even deeper into the abyss.

Delete the first and last paragraph, and Al’s analysis is actually better than anything you will read in the Star Ledger or anywhere else.

Scarlet Jerry

Always nice to have visits from our naive cousins to the west, but even better when they're shown the door. @RU4Real @GSGS

Reactions: GSGS
Rutgers currently 1-9, can salvage its disappointing season by beating Penn State. Every player has had this game circled for a while now. So it’s time for everyone to come together and make it happen.

We had our opportunities to do something special against Michigan, but just missed them due to lack of execution. Offensive Line did as well as you could expect, and paved the way for just under 200 rushing yards and actually matched Michigan’s total, which was a huge improvement from last year. The big difference was passing yards. Shea Patterson threw for 260 passing yards while Artur only had 40, and Pacheco had 19. I thought Artur played well overall, and the fact that our receivers and backs couldn’t catch the balls that were delivered to them, hurt immensely.

The backs dropped a number of screen passes, at least 1 of which may have led to a TD or field goal. Can’t miss opportunities like that against the #4 team in the country. If the backs can’t catch, then we need to start giving #27, Trey Sneed, an opportunity, because I thought he demonstrated good hands against Northwestern. Sure, he isn’t as explosive as the other guys, but explosiveness doesn’t benefit us if the back can’t make the play.

But the most disappointing group this year, has to be the WR Corp. these guys looked like superstars during spring practice, but have subsequently disappeared for the games. This has got to be a significant area of focus, for the remaining recruiting season. Need to put the full court press on prospects Stanley King, Marlyn Johnson, and Yusuf Terry. And if those don’t work out, need to scour the juco ranks and Florida. A guy like Janarion Grant is just waiting to be found.

But now, back to the Penn State game. I would use the exact same game plan as Michigan. Run the ball, and complement with screens and quick passes. On defense, we’ll have to be wary of Penn State QB McSorley hurting us with his legs.

Penn States defense is solid, but not as good as Michigan’s which is exceptional. Their ends get a lot of sacks, but Their defensive tackles don’t seem to be as good as what they’ve had in the recent past.
As expected, their LBers are excellent, and their secondary is solid.

They give up a ton of rushing yards, and This is what will allow Rutgers to be victorious. Pacheco and Blackshear will rumble for 200+ yards, and our QB and receivers will play well enough for the win.

Rutgers 21
PSU 17
Yes, sure

Hey Hugh, can you do us all a favor. When you see Al shake his hands really hard so that you incapacitate his fingers long enough so he can't type this crap next week. Thank you in advance.

Next weeks upset alert is already done. Too bad.

It's like how they say playing the big lottery is good for your health because you talk with people and imagine your dreams and what you would do if you won it. Imagine what you would do if we beat Penn State today? I would go out and celebrate, watch BTN tonight, replay the game again tomorrow

Ahhhhh MSUs upset alert joke...errr thread...will soon be here...

We may be 1-10 but this season...dammit...is about to be salvaged!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT