ADVERTISEMENT

Princeton Open Thread

MS-RU

All American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2013
Currently Aguilar is wrestling Joe Manchio from Columbia who finished 5th at the EIWA championships last year.

Britton gets pinned in the 1st by Chris Wright from Rider. Yikes.

Rutgers will have:
Nic Aguilar - 125
Shane Metzler - 133
Devon Britton - 133
Andrew Gapas - 141
Jake Benner - 149
Rob Kanniard - 157
Alex Esposito - HWT

Also, 2020 recruit, John Poznanski, is entered at 184.

A bit lighter of a turnout than the 10-15 wrestlers Coach Goodale said they’d have entered.

If I missed anyone, feel free to correct me.

Rutgers will have:
Nic Aguilar - 125
Shane Metzler - 133
Devon Britton - 133
Andrew Gapas - 141
Jake Benner - 149
Rob Kanniard - 157
Alex Esposito - HWT

Also, 2020 recruit, John Poznanski, is entered at 184.

A bit lighter of a turnout than the 10-15 wrestlers Coach Goodale said they’d have entered.

If I missed anyone, feel free to correct me.

This is an odd tweet lol

ESPN+ FEED not working - That's disappointing from a reputable company.

Anyone know where the brackets are posted?

Kaya Sement from Pope John also just won his first match. A lot of high schoolers competing.
Yes, there are. Being a Shore conference guy, Shane Rietsma of Howell was a name that stood out while going through the brackets.

Who are you all looking forward to watching today?

Nic Aguilar I’m sure is the choice for most of you. He and Rob Kanniard are mine. Also interested to see how Poznanski does being a high schooler.
I wish Lipari and Correnti were out there today but I bet both will be at Journeyman next weekend. As for today I want to see Aguilar do well along with top bench wrestlers like Benner.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110

Nic Aguilar I’m sure is the choice for most of you. He and Rob Kanniard are mine. Also interested to see how Poznanski does being a high schooler.

Any update/idea why Pete Lipari isn’t wrestling?

Kanniard wins 10-3 over Benny Baker (Cornell) with 3+ mins of ride time

Reactions: obrats

Aguilar for sure. Really curious to see how Poz does as a high schooler against D1 wrestlers.

Reactions: MS-RU
Aguilar for sure. Really curious to see how Poz does as a high schooler against D1 wrestlers.
Poz trains regularly with Donny Pritzlaff and a group of RU upper weights at NJRTC/SKWC practices. He also had Rutgers own Anthony Messner in his high school room. He definitely has the experience of wrestling D1 talent, so I expect him to hold his own today.

Poz trains regularly with Donny Pritzlaff and a group of RU upper weights at NJRTC/SKWC practices. He also had Rutgers own Anthony Messner in his high school room. He definitely has the experience of wrestling D1 talent, so I expect him to hold his own today.

Also the prize pupil of DeFelipis. Guy lives in the room.

WNG or anyone else. Is Lipari still on the team ? He wasn't at yesterday's match. Did loss to Jo Jo discourage him into leaving the team? He seems to be a fighter who would help the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT