ADVERTISEMENT

Princeton Open Thread

Jake Benner wins 7-1 over JohnRocco Kazalas (Binghamton)

Aguilar wins 6-5 in TB1 over Dylan Ryder (Hofstra)

Watched the match. Aguilar does unique stuff. The kid (3x NYS finalist, one time champ w both losses to Greg D., Yianni’s brother) had his ankle with both hands from neutral and Aguilar kind of did a flying single to attack the outside leg to a cradle and got the 2pt takedown. He waited until just the right time when the guys feet were planted pulling his ankle and attacked. Really creative. On the down side, he had a hard time getting out from bottom due to his lack of size. That will get him killed against a guy like Glory.

Poz drops a 5-3 dec to Jake Logan (Lehigh) on a late takedown.

Logan finished last year ranked #7 at 182 (Poz #12) and was a 2x NY state champ

My five takeaways from yesterday’s season opener are now up on the round table. Head on over and read what I saw from Rutgers and what it means for them moving forward.

I don't see Lipari hanging around if he does not start.Possible transfer as this is his last year.
I rarely post on this forum and the few times I have it was due to a Gabriani post. I do not want any false speculation regarding Peter’s status which can be mistakenly surmised by Gabriani’s “ no comment” remark. Candidly, I am perplexed by Gabriani’s post in light of his unabated access to the Rutgers room. Gabriani’s generosity to the program is obviously appreciated.

To set the record straight Peter was sick this week and stayed away from his teammates. He will be back on Monday and intends to wrestle next weekend.

Last edited:
I rarely post on this forum and the few times I have it was due to a Gabriani post. I do not want any false speculation regarding Peter’s status which can mistakenly surmised by Gabriani’s “ no comment” remark. Candidly, I am perplexed by Gabriani’s post in light of his unabated access to the Rutgers room. Gabriani’s generosity to the program is obviously appreciated.

To set the record straight Peter was sick this week and stayed away from his teammates. He will be back on Monday and intends to wrestle next weekend.

Great to hear! Well not that he was sick but that he will be back and wrestling next weekend. Thanks for sharing.

I rarely post on this forum and the few times I have it was due to a Gabriani post. I do not want any false speculation regarding Peter’s status which can mistakenly surmised by Gabriani’s “ no comment” remark. Candidly, I am perplexed by Gabriani’s post in light of his unabated access to the Rutgers room. Gabriani’s generosity to the program is obviously appreciated.

Good post and thanks for the update sir. Peter is a great asset to this program, and I for one would be very disappointed to see him gone.

Mr Lipari my answer to Peter’s status was no comment because I had no idea Peter’s status. Peter is is wonderful young man that I truly love very much and anyone can ask him how I feel about him. All I knew is he was not in the room which could mean he was sick, hurt or many other personal issues like family stuff that required his absence. I did not think Peter would quit as I talked to him many times this year and he had a great attitude coming into the year. He is a fierce competitor which can only help him, Aragona and the rest of the room. Here is wishing him good luck on regaining his health and competing for that spot. I hope that explains properly my n/c which I did not want to mislead. Glad Mr Lipari clarified

He will be back on Monday and intends to wrestle next weekend.[/QUOTE]

That's great news. Kid is a fighter and big asset to the program. Really came on strong last year and contributed.

WNG is the team's best supporter and I take him at his word. I am sure he meant no harm.

Great test for Kanniard here against Dellavecchia who was a NCAA qualifier last year

Damn, Kanniard drops a tight 6-5 dec to Dellavecchia (Rider)

WNG or anyone else. Is Lipari still on the team ? He wasn't at yesterday's match. Did loss to Jo Jo discourage him into leaving the team? He seems to be a fighter who would help the team.
I was wondering same thing ...pretty sure he wasn’t suspended like Aguilar and Correnti were so not sure why no sign of him yesterday or today..it a long schedule and injuries will happen and I wasn’t impressed with either 149 guys yesterday ...maybe that could be an option as well ...Angelo did nothing and Santos seemed gassed after early flurries of action ...149 might be a struggle for RU this year

Last edited:
Reactions: koleszar
Thats a good match by Kanniard....Going against a 5th year Senior, ranked 12th by Flo.....
I guess my boys down here in Wall were right. They said Kanniard is the real deal and he definitely has multiple AA possibility.(I doubted that) They said he's a relentless worker who loves the sport. Which at this level is necessary because you can't simply get by, by halfassing it.

It will be interesting to see how MVB and Kanniard perform at open tournaments later in year.

I was wondering same thing ...pretty sure he wasn’t suspended like Aguilar and Correnti were so not sure why no sign of him yesterday or today..it a long schedule and injuries will happen and I wasn’t impressed with either 149 guys yesterday ...maybe that could be an option as well ...Angelo did nothing and Santos seemed gassed after early flurries of action ...149 might be a struggle for RU this year

IN another thread Lipari's Dad said he was sick this weekend and will be practicing on Monday, If Lipari cannot win the 141 spot, hopefully he will challenge for 149 (Similar to JVB and Richie Lewis)

Reactions: koleszar
Let’s theoritize. How about Kanniard go to 157 and MVB go to 149? That would be powerful if my boy Mickie could make it and still be strong!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT