ADVERTISEMENT

Prolific SEC QB available for RU in the portal

Why would he want to play here, it is not like Greg is going to open up the offense for him and let him show off his skills? He is looking to improve his draft status, not hand the ball off of on first and second down and throw a screen pass on third.

Why would he want to play here, it is not like Greg is going to open up the offense for him and let him show off his skills? He is looking to improve his draft status, not hand the ball off of on first and second down and throw a screen pass on third.
already one very high qb recruit has said "NO" lol

Need to really reevaluate our offense

No accomplished QB will come to Rutgers unless they will be the starting QB. And if that happened, do you think Gavin would not then put his name in the portal?

When was the last time we ran a screen pass?

I wish we had a screen play in the playbook!

• Haha
Reactions: tomatocan
During Schiano's first stint he clearly showed that when he has the confidence in the offense and the talent he will open it up. You probably have no idea what I am talking about - further proof that you have no idea what you are talking

The last one I recall was when we were going toe to toe with Michigan deep in the 3rd - how did that work out. Could it be that he knows he just does not the personnel yet to run certain plays.
I said a 'screen pass' not bubble screen pass. There is a big difference in the way the plays are run.

The standard screen pass is to the RB

During Schiano's first stint he clearly showed that when he has the confidence in the offense and the talent he will open it up. You probably have no idea what I am talking about - further proof that you have no idea what you are talking
Since I have been following Rutgers football since the early 70s I guess you are right, I am totally clueless. Give me a break.

Reactions: tomatocan
First you ask a question and punctuate with a period. Then you make a statement and punctuate with a question mark. Your. Moments in general match your grammar skills.

Reactions: BLewis1968
I'm sure a prolific QB from deep south is aching to come-up to Jersey and throw to Ramen Noodle receivers in November lol

screen pass on third ? what did I miss for 4 years ?

The last one I recall was when we were going toe to toe with Michigan deep in the 3rd - how did that work out. Could it be that he knows he just does not the personnel yet to run certain plays.
If we don't have the personnel to run a screen pass, God help us all.

Lol yeah he's going to be excited to throw to all of the weapons RU has to make him look good...some of these Rutgers fans would be in for a rude awakening, go on ahead and offer him, see if he comes here. Then watch coaches flock to wimsatt with "we actually have weapons to help you out at (insert sec school)...

Mich and it was a pick 6
Not true.. we ran a couple successful screens vs Maryland. But the point is true enough.. it took all season. We tried a few.. the Michigan one stands out and showed me that GW might not be seeing the field well enough, quickly enough, to make good decisions. But we have seen those WTF-was-that moments from every QB in recent memory... including Simon in past years.

Still, I really wanted to see Simon. When we did see him, he threw those short passes with good pace, and better yet, good "PLACE"... to be caught and get some sweet, sweet YAC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT