ADVERTISEMENT

QB battle

newell138

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Ocean City NJ via South Brunswick and Denville
This is the type of stuff you like to hear. Seems like both of them have a good attitude towards the season. I like how GW was the first guy to reach out to him and welcome him to the team

I would think the Greek would need to be noticeably better to unseat a RU QB with "family" history.
In boxing, the challenger had to make a good case.
An RU WR that can actually go long and contest throws should help GW.
I don't believe anything I read concerning spring ball or summer camps.
Its usually all fairy dust and fable glitter

Everyone of us is talking out of our asses at this point including the writers. Let’s see where we’re at when the Spring Game rolls around and even then we may not know enough.

I agree but for some reason this didn’t come as a subscription article when I found it
I'm not mad at you. I'm in Spain right now, and maybe that has something to do with it, but I usually get the same crap back home. Weird thing, the app.com link shows up with eu.app.com. The web browsing here is a little different. Every single website gives a Cookies alert, and let's you accept or reject all cookies.

Reactions: NickRU714
It's past midnight her. Mrs KS is sound asleep, and just passing time until I pass out from a long day of sightseeing and eating too much great Spanish food. Ajani is going to start!!!!
Okay, now you should pass out! 😂 Either way it would be pretty cool if he won the job but I don’t see it happening.

If I was a betting man I'd go with Kaliakmanis to start the season at quarterback.
And I’d bet you. GS is all in with Golden Gavin running his 1935 offense that delivered an epic 6-6 reg season. AK only starts if we lose early games as favorites

QB battle at Maryland, too. Ha ha, Coach Locksley says there are 6 candidates. I can only think of 3...

Everyone of us is talking out of our asses at this point including the writers. Let’s see where we’re at when the Spring Game rolls around and even then we may not know enough.

I’d be surprised if a starter is named after Spring practices. I think Schiano keeps everyone hanging right until the day of the first game.

With Howard and Akron as the first two don't be surprised if he splits the time for the two in those games and not naming a starter until VaTech.
normally I would think you are right but I 'think' Gavs' camp will want some concrete view of where he will be positioned in this hydra

Reactions: colbert17
normally I would think you are right but I 'think' Gavs' camp will want some concrete view of where he will be positioned in this hydra

Maybe. But would he really be in the position to slide into a lateral starting role somewhere else if he isn’t in line for the starting role at RU? Based on his season last year I would think the answer is no. At that late stage, I’m not so sure he’d be a slam dunk to start for too many G5 teams either.

Maybe. But would he really be in the position to slide into a lateral starting role somewhere else if he isn’t in line for the starting role at RU? Based on his season last year I would think the answer is no. At that late stage, I’m not so sure he’d be a slam dunk to start for too many G5 teams either.
I don't think it's RU vs any other school, it's his ability but maybe in G5 but agree, he's no slam dunk

And I’d bet you. GS is all in with Golden Gavin running his 1935 offense that delivered an epic 6-6 reg season. AK only starts if we lose early games as favorites
So says the same rocket scientist who says that Athan was never coming here

Try again

Reactions: rumarine
So says the same rocket scientist who says that Athan was never coming here

Try again
yes, i did say that....i also said Golden Gavin is already the '24 starter in 2.0's mind because passing talent doesn't matter to him. If GS being the lowest rated passer was fine for Greg last year.....

yes, i did say that....i also said Golden Gavin is already the '24 starter in 2.0's mind because passing talent doesn't matter to him. If GS being the lowest rated passer was fine for Greg last year.....
So the QB that KC recruited to Minnesota comes here to be the back up?

Passing talent doesn’t matter 😂😂😂

It’s amazing how full of sh!t you are

Go back to referring to yourself in the 3rd person

Last edited:
I'm not mad at you. I'm in Spain right now, and maybe that has something to do with it, but I usually get the same crap back home. Weird thing, the app.com link shows up with eu.app.com. The web browsing here is a little different. Every single website gives a Cookies alert, and let's you accept or reject all cookies.

European regulators were at the forefront of data protection rules for companies.
They can’t collect “personallly identifiable information” without consent. Such as IP address.

You’ll notice it on some websites in the US too.
If the company is global and subject to European regulation then their global website will ask about cookies acceptance.

European regulators were at the forefront of data protection rules for companies.
They can’t collect “personallly identifiable information” without consent. Such as IP address.

You’ll notice it on some websites in the US too.
If the company is global and subject to European regulation then their global website will ask about cookies acceptance.
I like it. I reject all cookies while browsing here, and wish I had that option in the US.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I just want someone who can complete better than 48% of their passes, more than 9 TD's and less than 8 int. I don't think I'm asking for a lot here, but at Rutgers I might be asking for a miracle.

Reactions: socaldave
I like it. I reject all cookies while browsing here, and wish I had that option in the US.
You can block them in your browser and have been able to for years. It is just most people simply aren't knowledgeable enough to do so.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I’d be surprised if a starter is named after Spring practices. I think Schiano keeps everyone hanging right until the day of the first game.
I definitely don't think he will name a starter publicly but I am sure both will have an understanding of where they stand by the end of spring ball. I think the safe bet is that one of them enters the portal before the first game.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I definitely don't think he will name a starter publicly but I am sure both will have an understanding of where they stand by the end of spring ball. I think the safe bet is that one of them enters the portal before the first game.
this seems the most likely

Gav's biggest cheerleader has not refuted a few things I've said since the end of the season and post family discussions with staff. hmmmm

With Howard and Akron as the first two don't be surprised if he splits the time for the two in those games and not naming a starter until VaTech.
That makes sense, but is GS the kind of coach who likes splitting time among QBs? It seems to me he's always resisted doing that -- or am I way off base?

I don't think he has that option.

It depends on the musical chair environment, There would have to be an apparent landing spot (due to injury for example) where the loser feels confident in a more secure path to a starting role (and the loser also has to be selected by that team over other team’s “losers” to fill the role). It’s squarely a matter of whether a better personal situation awaits them elsewhere compared to being the second team QB on RU. Shifting down a level might have more risk than upside for Gavin at this point. If he did that and didn’t have a strong year his options would become almost non-existent.

That makes sense, but is GS the kind of coach who likes splitting time among QBs? It seems to me he's always resisted doing that -- or am I way off base?
Look at how Teel/Hart split time- Greg also move Rutgers also split time BL/RR and then moved Leonard to FB to get Ray more carries.
If he was willing to move everyone’s favorite player and Heisman candidate out of a roll because he had better talent behind him..,
Then he will have no problem starting the better QB.
That said- I do think it was GW or bust last year. And it did get us to a bowl so Greg doesn’t have to ride that QB anymore if someone else beats him out

99% of coaches want to have one QB. GS is no different. But he has shown willingness to split time in the past and move out incumbent starters if they lose the job due to fair competition.

99% of coaches want to have one QB. GS is no different. But he has shown willingness to split time in the past and move out incumbent starters if they lose the job due to fair competition.
GS has had some terrible quarterbacks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT