ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

It'll be a year later than when he went 182 for Super 32. If he's been developing physically, he should be stronger and heavier. Muscle adds weight. I hope he once again decides to not cut weight. If he's better than anyone else at 197, it would benefit the team to have him there and Poz at 184. With some luck, a revived Turley, Poz back to normal, and a tough and stronger Soldano would be a good 3-punch.
I am strongly against wrestlers that cut too much weight..(Alverez).. that said, Soldano doesn’t have a huge frame and looks more of a natural 184 to me… so realistically I feel he can go 184/197 whichever he feels better at…. Btw didn’t Turley wrestle like 180 something at some point in hs??? I remember being surprised to hear him going 165 in college n now 174…..

People also forget how good freshman Poz was.. he was right up there with Keikeisen… good to see him ranked back in the top 8 hopefully he goes back to the freshman Poz form or better.. our upper weights future looking really good rn

I am strongly against wrestlers that cut too much weight..(Alverez).. that said, Soldano doesn’t have a huge frame and looks more of a natural 184 to me… so realistically I feel he can go 184/197 whichever he feels better at…. Btw didn’t Turley wrestle like 180 something at some point in hs??? I remember being surprised to hear him going 165 in college n now 174…..

People also forget how good freshman Poz was.. he was right up there with Keikeisen… good to see him ranked back in the top 8 hopefully he goes back to the freshman Poz form or better.. our upper weights future looking really good rn
184 should be fine. If Soldano wasn’t cutting at all and wrestling 190, losing 6 pounds is nothing. That’s not even a cut. You can lose 6 pounds in a hard 2 hour practice.

Turley did wrestle 184 in high school. Cutting to 165 was mistake. We will see if he can still make 174 after most of the year off. Cutting weight is a big stressor, so if the kid himself isn't highly motivated, it can or will contribute to a fall-off in intensity. We did see that with Alverez. I want to see Soldano add strength and muscle is heavier than fat.

Poz's performance is still fresh in most of our minds. I knew he was ready to go right out of high school. Look back at my comments. We still don't know what happened last year or why; apparently, we're not entitled to know. I'm very much not in favor of putting a squeeze on him or even redshirting. I fear either will lead to no good result. Judge my comments when we reach the perennial point in the season when everyone starts asking "WTF?".

Our HS team is at the Rutgers camp this week, it’s definitely their favorite and always well run. My son had nice things to say about all the college kids helping out, mentioned Shawver in particular, but you can tell they’re all a great bunch of kids.

Great article on InterMat Wrestling on how Ohio State got the # 1 recruiting class including the top three recruits in the country. Without saying it, it seems that no NIL money was involved. They really did their homework on each wrestler and had a great plan to get the top 3 as Penn State also wanted them.

Great article on InterMat Wrestling on how Ohio State got the # 1 recruiting class including the top three recruits in the country. Without saying it, it seems that no NIL money was involved. They really did their homework on each wrestler and had a great plan to get the top 3 as Penn State also wanted them.
Yep, they have memories of their former big 3 recruits that brought them a title, Tomasello, Snyder, Jordan

Back to Santinello, as long as Peterson is at Rutgers neither brother will be a knight.

Back to Santinello, as long as Peterson is at Rutgers neither brother will be a knight.
Personally, I’d rather have Peterson as I feel he has more upside coming out of hs.. #1 p4p nj ranked… I was kinda expecting Peterson to win the 25/33 spot but if he can’t beat Shawver then yeah….

Reactions: LETSGORU91
I’ve been told he’s not the most likable teammate. I’ve heard the term “diva.” Doesn’t really matter what I’ve heard though, as long as the coaches and wrestlers in the room like an respect him.

Was at practice today and did not recognize Peterson whose hair is very short and black!! No more long hair and blond. Soldano looks like a block of granite working with PJ who looks like a man and a 197 pounder. Clark will go down to 157 as he only weighs 163 now after breakfast. Heilman looks good as did Dylan who was scrapping with DeLuca of Blair. Freshmen like Freeman, Cheltsos, Fongaro, Gayer, Soldano and Casale will be game changers with good times ahead

Was at practice today and did not recognize Peterson whose hair is very short and black!! No more long hair and blond. Soldano looks like a block of granite working with PJ who looks like a man and a 197 pounder. Clark will go down to 157 as he only weighs 163 now after breakfast. Heilman looks good as did Dylan who was scrapping with DeLuca of Blair. Freshmen like Freeman, Cheltsos, Fongaro, Gayer, Soldano and Casale will be game changers with good times ahead
I like Clark at 157. I think he will do well at that weight.

Awesome update. Regardless of what anyone says about current recruiting, we have a bunch of talented, young talent.
Would love to see how gayer does in the room. Could be a key guy in the lineup eventually. Need someone to really take hold of that 65 spot.

Thanks for that, Bill. Any update on Poz?

He was not there but is training at home. I like Gayer. I think he will be a good one. Clark is all in snd training like a bear. Anyone as committed as he is you better watch out competition. Had a very nice talk with him. He knows he was overpowered at 165 last year but he is one determined young man and I am not selling him short.

He was not there but is training at home. I like Gayer. I think he will be a good one. Clark is all in snd training like a bear. Anyone as committed as he is you better watch out competition. Had a very nice talk with him. He knows he was overpowered at 165 last year but he is one determined young man and I am not selling him short.
Clark is an easy kid to root for hope he’s successful

Re: Poz, a difficult combination of injury and pressure. He’s still a very young kid. I’d be surprised if he’s not back to the Poz we knew his freshmen year.

He will have strong competition with Soldano and Janzer
IMO no one is beating Soldano if he wants 184 and doesn’t Redshirt. I think he’s the most talented Freshman on the banks since Ashnault and one of the most talented we have had overall in the Goodale Era (obviously Suriano and Rivera were tremendous).

Reactions: rubigtimenow
He will have strong competition with Soldano and Janzer

IMO no one is beating Soldano if he wants 184 and doesn’t Redshirt. I think he’s the most talented Freshman on the banks since Ashnault and one of the most talented we have had overall in the Goodale Era (obviously Suriano and Rivera were tremendous).
Soldano is very talented. I'm curious how Soldano has done against Poz. Anyone know if they've wrestled much at all yet in practices/SKWC workouts?

Soldano is very talented. I'm curious how Soldano has done against Poz. Anyone know if they've wrestled much at all yet in practices/SKWC workouts?
In his senior year, Poz was as dominant as Soldano. Poz has now had a couple of years of college experience and if he returns to form, I don't expect Soldano to beat him. Poz was a special recruit who has now had time to have been developed further. If he gets beat by a freshman, even one as good as Soldano, I will question the program once again. Soldano also has great potential and I hope his freshman year doesn't become his best.

In his senior year, Poz was as dominant as Soldano. Poz has now had a couple of years of college experience and if he returns to form, I don't expect Soldano to beat him. Poz was a special recruit who has now had time to have been developed further. If he gets beat by a freshman, even one as good as Soldano, I will question the program once again. Soldano also has great potential and I hope his freshman year doesn't become his best.
Yes, because it's always the program. LMAO. I'm not sure you really understand how much is coaching vs the wrestler performing. SMH

Last edited:
You do realize every year there are Freshman national champs and contenders right??

It's hard to judge practice especially during freestyle time. They do a lot of drilling and situation wrestling. Starting to transition back to folkstyle now.

Yes, because it's always the program. LMAO. I'm not sure you really understand how much is coaching vs the wrestler performing. SMH
And with you and others of the brain trust, it's never the program. Note that I didn't say coaching; I said program. That's because the program should be multi-faceted, not just coaching. Keeping kids engaged is part of it. Building enthusiasm is part of it. Requiring commitment is part of it. Keeping a roster accurate and updated is the simplest of tasks.

Oh boy...🙄
You do realize every year there are Freshman national champs and contenders right??
Just goes to show, even Iowa, Penn State and OSU should be questioned if their upper classmen get beat. That's the logic.

And with you and others of the brain trust, it's never the program. Note that I didn't say coaching; I said program. That's because the program should be multi-faceted, not just coaching. Keeping kids engaged is part of it. Building enthusiasm is part of it. Requiring commitment is part of it. Keeping a roster accurate and updated is the simplest of tasks.
🤡

So just a few comments about down the road: obviously it’s going to be massive competition but I had heard RU mentioned in association with Angelo Ferrari. What an unreal land that would be.
Closer to home, St Peter’s had some good showing from a few Freshmen last year and I have heard they are high on this incoming class as well. Obviously remains to be seen if any will rise to B10 if not D1 level, but as they seem to be doing a good job in recruiting they might be an interesting place to maintain connection with.
Also saw that at Bison this weekend incoming freshmen Jayden James beat No Hunterdon Wadle who’s placed 2nd and 3rd at 106 the past two years 12-0. That’s pretty impressive.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT