ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

So just a few comments about down the road: obviously it’s going to be massive competition but I had heard RU mentioned in association with Angelo Ferrari. What an unreal land that would be.
Closer to home, St Peter’s had some good showing from a few Freshmen last year and I have heard they are high on this incoming class as well. Obviously remains to be seen if any will rise to B10 if not D1 level, but as they seem to be doing a good job in recruiting they might be an interesting place to maintain connection with.
We'll, if you heard Angelo, then...

Reactions: njsportsphan
Imply what you want. What I heard I don’t care to share details on so I will leave it at this: https://www.flowrestling.org/articl...ris-recruitment-isnt-all-about-oklahoma-state
Would have been unreal to land Aj Ferrarri(freshman that came in to unseat veteran starter at Ok state and won nationals but do we think any less of Ok state pessimisticpraghopeful?) Would be unreal to land Angelo but just the fact these young elite recruits are considering us is a W for me.. def a good sign.

Imply what you want. What I heard I don’t care to share details on so I will leave it at this: https://www.flowrestling.org/articl...ris-recruitment-isnt-all-about-oklahoma-state

Would have been unreal to land Aj Ferrarri(freshman that came in to unseat veteran starter at Ok state and won nationals but do we think any less of Ok state pessimisticpraghopeful?) Would be unreal to land Angelo but just the fact these young elite recruits are considering us is a W for me.. def a good sign.
It's great to be in the conversation, and would be even better to land him. I'd be shocked if he didn't wrestle with his brothers, so if he's coming here, then...

Ferrari's live in either OK or TX now. But Angelo might be the best of them. He's been putting on a lot of muscle. They're all pretty filthy though.

Ferrari's live in either OK or TX now. But Angelo might be the best of them. He's been putting on a lot of muscle. They're all pretty filthy though.
Hard to be much better then a national champ.. id be shocked if Angelo goes anywhere but ok state to join his brothers…but I still think it’s pretty cool we r on their considering list

Interesting, but this is what the Ferrari’s do. How many different high schools did AJ go to? Wouldn’t be surprised if college was the same way for the family. Not that I care, I’d sign up for them to come here for a few years.

Interesting, but this is what the Ferrari’s do. How many different high schools did AJ go to? Wouldn’t be surprised if college was the same way for the family. Not that I care, I’d sign up for them to come here for a few years.
Worked out for us the last time we brought in a mercenary with Suriano. If the Ferraris get us a few NCs, no one will complain.

If we aren't doing our due diligence on these guys then that's a huge mistake IMO. Sure it wouldn't be easy to contain all of the egos, etc. but championships/success isn't supposed to be easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: njsportsphan
Now my memory may be shotty so correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the family enjoyed their time in NJ save for the Blair Acadamy incident (bunch of douches anyway). And that they only went back to Texas because mama had a reoccurrence of the illness she's been battling and they wanted to be close to those doctors who helped her the 1st time. Seems like a close-knit family and wherever the patriarch's go the kids want to be close by.

@Richard Schnyderite I saw that on the psu dysfunctional wrestling board you stated, "I was told Rutgers has no interest". Care to elaborate? Remember we're the ones where you got your start, don't forget about us. I can't believe our coaches would not try for this treasure trove of talent, it's borderline batsh*t crazy

Edit: Upon newfound information I withdrawal my question and completely understand our coaches desire, not to pursue. If John Smith's kicking you off the team then what he did has to be really serious. This one's not worth it.

Last edited:
@Richard Schnyderite I saw that on the psu dysfunctional wrestling board you stated, "I was told Rutgers has no interest". Care to elaborate? Remember we're the ones where you got your start, don't forget about us. I can't believe our coaches would not try for this treasure trove of talent, it's borderline batsh*t crazy

Edit: Upon newfound information I withdrawal my question and completely understand our coaches desire, not to pursue. If John Smith's kicking you off the team then what he did has to be really serious. This one's not worth it.

The incoming Frosh also in trouble, just a different kind of trouble...reason he got out as well.

Yeah obviously the legal troubles make this a completely different ballgame as opposed to just inflated egos and difficult personalities.

The fam is close w some recent alumni, used to be at Rutgers matches, heavily recruited. They know the character of this kid and fam.
If he is interested, we are interested. Imo

The fam is close w some recent alumni, used to be at Rutgers matches, heavily recruited. They know the character of this kid and fam.
If he is interested, we are interested. Imo
I am guessing you missed the links about AJ's court date and a female student getting a protective order against him?

The reason the coaches are not interested is because they do know the character of the kids and family

I am guessing you missed the links about AJ's court date and a female student getting a protective order against him?

The reason the coaches are not interested is because they do know the character of the kids and family
I saw.
I don't know what happened. Everyone should do their due diligence, for sure. But as someone who has met the fam, has several others who know them intimately, I think they are high character.
I'm not dismissing what happened but I am told snyderites claims are incorrect unless something has changed.

Before everyone jumps to conclusions, did our Olympic champion gable Stevenson have allegations and accusations thrown at him only to be dropped?
The protective order is real, and again, everyone should do their due diligence before anything else happens. But to dismiss him before anything else comes out imo is rash.

And I say that from knowing who they are. I could be wrong, just my imo again.

Not good for him if true.
Agree and the younger brother Anthony is kicked off the team and not enrolling this year due to an incident that I am sure will be made public soon.

Dropped does not mean he didn't do it.
He was legally exhonerated from any crimes, was allowed back into wrestling, and followed it up w ncaa and Olympic titles.

Unless you think that just the charge should preclude someone from pursuing their dreams?

But like I said, I just think it's a wait and see until more information comes out. If Ferrari did something wrong, I wouldn't want him on the team either.

Oh, his attorney reports that he's innocent. Well, there it is 😕
Ha! Well we all know how ethical attorneys are, so AJ must be innocent. Let that crooked, dope head coach from Michigan take him. He paid like 100 grand for Heckyl and Jeckyl Suriano, plus whatever underhanded deals he did. We got him just for scholarship money...so who is the dope here. I wouldn't touch that gavone with a 10 ft pole, even with an NCAA championship under his belt.

Ha! Well we all know how ethical attorneys are, so AJ must be innocent. Let that crooked, dope head coach from Michigan take him. He paid like 100 grand for Heckyl and Jeckyl Suriano, plus whatever underhanded deals he did. We got him just for scholarship money...so who is the dope here. I wouldn't touch that gavone with a 10 ft pole, even with an NCAA championship under his belt.
Yup.

Who are the Top 2024 recruits we should learn about?
@Lex Knapp any chance you have that update?
Cherico (Delbarton)
Nini (CBA)
Taylor (Kingsway)
Fuller (SPP)
DiBella (St Joes)
Jones (Delbarton)
*Cerchio. I sure hope there are more to that list. Ryder should be on there and may be the best of the bunch.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT