ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

I would gladly take him. Say what you want about the family and his brothers history, but one thing you have to agree on is their round the clock workhouse training. The Ferrari's are athletically gifted and tough as nails. I watched middle brother physically manhandle D1 athletes before his senior year. Angelo might be the best of the group. I would think if there are life lessons to be learned, his brothers have certainly given him some. I say give the kid a chance.

When the news of the brothers broke, my response to where they would land was "Yes, the best deal from the best wrestling school that is willing to lower its moral and ethical standards". I believe the family and their behaviors travel with the son. Definitely, the father. Not to worry, he'll find a better deal at another school more desperate and with more money.

Nini visited Princeton and Cornell these past few weekends, so hopefully we get him in for an official soon and close him.

Reactions: Leonard23
Nini visited Princeton and Cornell these past few weekends, so hopefully we get him in for an official soon and close him.
I'll go out on a limb and say he's just taking his visits and enjoying the recruiting process. I'd be shocked if he didn't come here, as he's been with SKWC and training with Coach Pollard forever now, and his brother is here. He's coached by Ashnault at CBA and Rivera(s) at Elite. Oh, and Sebastiano Nini Builders sponsored a golf cart at the SKWC golf outing. I'd guess we'll be his last visit and secure that "official" commitment then 😉.

Any word on Mullen? I thought he was choosing his school in August and shutting things down. It's been quiet on that front.
Great question with his last OV mid-July, but have we ever landed a commitment from someone that didn't take an OV? 🤷🏻‍♂️...

I'll go out on a limb and say he's just taking his visits and enjoying the recruiting process. I'd be shocked if he didn't come here, as he's been with SKWC and training with Coach Pollard forever now, and his brother is here. He's coached by Ashnault at CBA and Rivera(s) at Elite. Oh, and Sebastiano Nini Builders sponsored a golf cart at the SKWC golf outing. I'd guess we'll be his last visit and secure that "official" commitment then 😉.
Agreed. I’m not too concerned but weirder things have happened especially when it involves the Ivies. It’s tough to pass up no matter how connected you are to RU.

You have to wonder how much NIL money comes into play for this level of athlete. We know there can be bidding wars for the true elite of elite. For wrestlers who are among top in their respective weights but not necessarily at top of P4P rankings, I’m guessing we’re talking about a strong packages but not out of control money.

You have to wonder how much NIL money comes into play for this level of athlete. We know there can be bidding wars for the true elite of elite. For wrestlers who are among top in their respective weights but not necessarily at top of P4P rankings, I’m guessing we’re talking about a strong packages but not out of control money.
I know the coaching staff tried but we really haven't brought anyone of high caliber in (or anyone really) for him to workout with. Every hire has been in the lighter weights.

Someone at the golf outing said that the SKWC has more than $700,000 in the bank. If this is true, can we use this money to hire resident athletes? How can we learn how much money we have.

Reactions: CollegeFBfan
I still don’t know how an online team store doesn’t exist. Shouldn’t be too hard to make a bulk purchase order and store clothes in an office somewhere ready to ship as orders come in.

I still don’t know how an online team store doesn’t exist. Shouldn’t be too hard to make a bulk purchase order and store clothes in an office somewhere ready to ship as orders come in.
Don’t even need to store in an office. Most large scale screen printers have fulfillment centers and drop ship anything. All you need to do is create the designs and select a minimum run and they take care of the rest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT