ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Definitely seems like a solid pickup if he continues to develop and helps build quality depth, but hopefully we can start landing some more nationally ranked guys again to keep pace with the B1G.
Agree, Southern is a great program and their wrestlers are always tuff and hardworking kids. I know so fare we have only signed one 2023 wrestler, but this has been RU's pattern for awhile after they sign a big class(2022). I am hoping and think they will also have a big 2024 class.

Reactions: Leonard23 and MS-RU
Some context on the visitors from Willie:

Lou Cerchio (Delbarton) - #28 on the 2024 big board (184)
Nate Taylor (CT) - #48 on the 2024 big board (285)
Angelo Ferrari (TX) - #6 on the 2024 big board (184)
Connor Harer (PA) - #11 on the 2024 big board (174)

Alex Nini (CBA) - #38 on the 2024 big board (141)

Last edited:

Lou Cerchio (Delbarton) - #28 on the 2024 big board (184)
Nate Taylor (CT) - #48 on the 2024 big board (285)
Angelo Ferrari (TX) - #6 on the 2024 big board (184)
Connor Harer (PA) - #11 on the 2024 big board (174)

Dillion Campbell (Ohio) #61 on the 2024 big board (133)
Matt Henrich (NJ) #148 on the 2024 big board (157)

Lou Cerchio (Delbarton) - #28 on the 2024 big board (184) at Rutgers-174
Nate Taylor (CT) - #48 on the 2024 big board (285) at Rutgers 184/197
Angelo Ferrari (TX) - #6 on the 2024 big board (184) at Rutgers 184/197
Connor Harer (PA) - #11 on the 2024 big board (174) at Rutgers 165

Nice to get all these recruits to come to a match, but I wish it was at The RAC (against a better opponent) for a better experience. Thanks B1G for the scheduling issues...
Hopefully, we can get them to come back 1/20 or 1/29, but it's tough during the season. What are our odds for landing any of those recruits, and do we expect any commitments soon?

Nice to get all these recruits to come to a match, but I wish it was at The RAC (against a better opponent) for a better experience. Thanks B1G for the scheduling issues...
Hopefully, we can get them to come back 1/20 or 1/29, but it's tough during the season. What are our odds for landing any of those recruits, and do we expect any commitments soon?
Yeah, I don't think wrestling in essentially a high school gym is going to be that impressive compared to the RAC. But hey, glad women's basketball gets to play in front of less than 500 fans at the RAC tonight.

It’s great to be in it with top recruits. You gotta be in it to win it

I don’t believe the scheduling excuses the coach presented. Other Big Ten teams don’t have the same problem and most top visiting teams want to wrestle at the RAC. It is a big help to recruiting Jersey kids.

• Haha
Reactions: Leonard23
Yeah, I don't think wrestling in essentially a high school gym is going to be that impressive compared to the RAC. But hey, glad women's basketball gets to play in front of less than 500 fans at the RAC tonight.
Exactly. When women's hoops can draw 3 to 5K every night, then they can dictate when they get to play, not wrestling. Wrestling is the 3rd most popular sport at RU after football and men's basketball and should be treated as such.

Ferrari will be here on 1/22.

Exactly. When women's hoops can draw 3 to 5K every night, then they can dictate when they get to play, not wrestling. Wrestling is the 3rd most popular sport at RU after football and men's basketball and should be treated as such.
I think that any situation involving the women's basketball program is still handled with kid gloves around here. I think that Goodale's awkward reaction in the press conference makes me think that the Wrestling Team was asked to take one for the whole Athletic Department here. I have no idea why...but that whole changing of the Coaches in WBB was one of the strangest things I have ever seen. And, I've been a Rutgers fan for 50 years lol. Coach will be able to turn it into a positive and have paint chips falling from the ceiling, I hope. Go RU!

I think that any situation involving the women's basketball program is still handled with kid gloves around here. I think that Goodale's awkward reaction in the press conference makes me think that the Wrestling Team was asked to take one for the whole Athletic Department here. I have no idea why...but that whole changing of the Coaches in WBB was one of the strangest things I have ever seen. And, I've been a Rutgers fan for 50 years lol. Coach will be able to turn it into a positive and have paint chips falling from the ceiling, I hope. Go RU!
I'm just glad we don't have to deal with CVS anymore. The new women's basketball HC is far more likeable, but they still need to earn their stripes IMO.

The Ferarri's at least know the Racs potential. They were there for several big matches. On that note, I think the OSU/Iowa is what got AJ. Anyhow... good to hear that we're in the mix for several studs.

Reactions: koleszar
Is he Washington pulled rank on wanting the RAC and refused to give it up. So of probably 800 to 1000 fans got to see them get their butts kicked by Seton Hall by 18 points. Shot 1-11 from 3. In the Barn we probably had more fans than them. It will be a long season in the Big for them

Is he Washington pulled rank on wanting the RAC and refused to give it up. So of probably 800 to 1000 fans got to see them get their butts kicked by Seton Hall by 18 points. Shot 1-11 from 3. In the Barn we probably had more fans than them. It will be a long season in the Big for them
How does a brand new WBB head coach pull rank over Goodale? Might as well close up shop or clean house in the admin if that's happening...

How does a brand new WBB head coach pull rank over Goodale? Might as well close up shop or clean house in the admin if that's happening...
Apparently rank at a Liberal University can be more than just one's work merit, years of service, better drawing program or seniority at one's position.

1387 in building vs. in state rival. $725k in first year and climbing. You wonder why some have trouble donating to this athletic department. $$$$

1387 in building vs. in state rival. $725k in first year and climbing. You wonder why some have trouble donating to this athletic department. $$$$
No way in hell there were 1387 in the building. That's tickets sold and giveaways. Watching the game on TV, 500 tops. Huge blocks of empty seats on the sidelines, maybe 50 people in the student section including the pep band, not a sole in the second level.

I am sure the Ferrari in the room likes the possibility of wrestling 2 top 184's in the room.
Where does he project to in college? 197?

Jack Zaleski-Middletown South Senior commits to Rutgers. 5th, 4th, 4th in last 3 NJ state tournaments. Ranked 3rd in NJ at 132 behind Santaniello(who I think will be at 138) and Nate Taylor from Kingsway.
If Santaniello is up a weight class I’d bet on Zaleski to win a state title. Hard working senior is not going to lose unless he’s outclassed, and with Santaniello at a different weight I don’t think he will be.

Reactions: Leonard23
Is it at all possible we overestimate NJ state champs forecast into college wrestling ..we have had tons ..over 20 at least and some were multiple state winner yet other then Poz who had a run a year ago , AA and NS and Delvecchio and Seb none have done anything close to the success they had at the high school level ...way more failures then all Americans...we have had some pretty good NJ state recruits too but I'm beginning to wonder if we over value those accomplishments and should expand our recruiting to other states more then we do now ...kids who went somewhere else have way more success then we have had with our state champs....just a thought

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT