ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Something weird came out with his brother and an Instagram story.
Not saying it's going to impact the decision or if it's even real but I'll hold out on him to Iowa for the moment.

Santaniello officially granted release from Oklahoma and will be heading to Pitt

Wonder what could have been had Vin stayed at Navy. Don’t think Anthony would have followed him there.

Santaniello officially granted release from Oklahoma and will be heading to Pitt

Wonder what could have been had Vin stayed at Navy. Don’t think Anthony would have followed him there.
Then he probably woulda went to Iowa or Ru.. the thing is even a wrestler Santaniello’s caliber would still be considered a “sleeper pick/dark horse” to be future AA. Not sure if he woulda beat out Shawver or Olivieri but yeah he had upside, guess we will find out in a few years.

Then he probably woulda went to Iowa or Ru.. the thing is even a wrestler Santaniello’s caliber would still be considered a “sleeper pick/dark horse” to be future AA. Not sure if he woulda beat out Shawver or Olivieri but yeah he had upside, guess we will find out in a few years.
I think Santaniello gets under rated on this board(mostly cause he really did not consider RU). He was a 4 time finalist and 2 time champ. He lost to Moughlan(who was a 2 time champ and runner up to Santaniello) and two 1 point loses to Tyler Vasquez who went 3,3,1,1. Will see how Shawver does at 133 and see how Santaniello does moving forward.

Reactions: Peteras9144
We could have used him. Great credentials and would be a good big man coach. Plus Rutgers salary scale would pay him a helluva lot more than NDSU. Of course, he is no Joe Pollard who is too small to coach big man and lacks on the mat wrestling accomplishments. Did he ever qualify for nationals? Pollard is a nice guy who is likable and seemed to do good job as Director of Operations Just lacks the resume. We need to jump on opportunities to upgrade the coaching staff when available.
Not going to argue Hidlay's credentials, 4 time AA speaks for itself. But he is not a big man coach. He wrestled 5 years at 157 and his last year at 174.......He just wrestled 154lbs in the US open Freestyle tournament...He not rolling around with 197 or Hwt's

Anthony is a hammer. He will be successful at the next level. Vin is also legit but he’s a tier below his younger brother. It’s hard to project kids to be AAs because everyone is good but Santaniello is as good as any wrestler in NJ outside of Anthony Knox who is just in a class of his own.

Anthony is a hammer. He will be successful at the next level. Vin is also legit but he’s a tier below his younger brother. It’s hard to project kids to be AAs because everyone is good but Santaniello is as good as any wrestler in NJ outside of Anthony Knox who is just in a class of his own.
Technically, everyone that wrestles d1 is a hammer..and legit… I don’t think Santaniello is as good as any wrestler in NJ outside Knox, ie Mullen, Chercio.. and I don’t think he’s underrated on this board.. I do think he will be solid and has upside and possibly underrated on big board.. just not convinced rn he would outperform Olivieri(3x NJ champ) or Shawver.

Technically, everyone that wrestles d1 is a hammer..and legit… I don’t think Santaniello is as good as any wrestler in NJ outside Knox, ie Mullen, Chercio.. and I don’t think he’s underrated on this board.. I do think he will be solid and has upside and possibly underrated on big board.. just not convinced rn he would outperform Olivieri(3x NJ champ) or Shawver.
Four time finalists don’t exactly grow on trees and he’s like 3 points away from being a 4 time champion. He manhandled other D1 wrestlers including Zaleski who is coming to Rutgers. He’s going to contend for AAs, plural. He’s not better than Olivieri or Shawver right now because they’re older and stronger at the moment.

Last edited:
What was said? I only saw that it was "hacked"
I didn't see it personally. Haven't seen anything else posted about it either since the original message. I'm going to refrain from posting (out of respect) but I saw a tweet from Willie -

"Three very weird, very different wrestling stories landed in my lap this week. none of which i wish i had to discuss."

If it's real, it will be on his show this week IMO.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Leonard23
I didn't see it personally. Haven't seen anything else posted about it either since the original message. I'm going to refrain from posting (out of respect) but I saw a tweet from Willie -

"Three very weird, very different wrestling stories landed in my lap this week. none of which i wish i had to discuss."

If it's real, it will be on his show this week IMO.
Willie already spoke on it. Some pictures were posted on Anthony twitter account.

Thanks for posting like @Bobbynieds said some absolutely hilarious posts in there. Even the ones trying to twist themselves into pretzels to defend it are humorous.
Yes, like it might have been AI. I don't understand the account-hack defense; it was him whether he posted it or not. Isn't he the one who complained about being sexually molested at Blair?

Reactions: koleszar
So Ferrari makes his announcement tomorrow. I’m assuming we are out and assuming we already know that not is? I hope not the case.

So Ferrari makes his announcement tomorrow. I’m assuming we are out and assuming we already know that not is? I hope not the case.
I would think if Rutgers knew it was then there would have been a boom tweet.

It’s more than likely going to be Iowa

From Iowa forums, not looking good..
“There was a picture on his and Anthony’s instagram, looked like outside Terry’s house, with Mstar,Terry, Angelo, Anthony, dad, AND AJ. He must have also come with them, it was just kept quiet. I had to laugh because AJ had dress pants on an no shirt 😂😂. That guy goes without a shirt as much as Randy from trailer park boy!”

We could have used him. Great credentials and would be a good big man coach. Plus Rutgers salary scale would pay him a helluva lot more than NDSU. Of course, he is no Joe Pollard who is too small to coach big man and lacks on the mat wrestling accomplishments. Did he ever qualify for nationals? Pollard is a nice guy who is likable and seemed to do good job as Director of Operations Just lacks the resume. We need to jump on opportunities to upgrade the coaching staff when available.
Even with Hidlay hire.. NDSU have their 3 best wrestlers in the portal.

Not sure if he would cause a boom tweet but don’t be surprised at a commitment from Kurt Wehner of Donovan Catholic within the next few months. 5th place this year and should be a placer next year possibly at 120

Not sure if he would cause a boom tweet but don’t be surprised at a commitment from Kurt Wehner of Donovan Catholic within the next few months. 5th place this year and should be a placer next year possibly at 120
You are probably right, I just saw him retweet the new rule right after. Probably not related & def not boom worthy.

Other proposals​

• The first medical forfeit of a tournament would count as a loss on the wrestler's record. An exception would be if the medical forfeit occurs immediately after an injury default in a tournament.
  • The penalty for a delayed coach's video review challenge request would be changed to a loss of the video review. Currently, it is a control-of-mat violation, and 1 point is deducted from the team total.
  • Any true placement matches conducted in an event would not alter the final team score.
  • Officials could let action continue after penalizing an illegal hold and not require a stoppage after imminent scoring finishes when the safety of wrestlers is not in danger.
  • The current mandatory five-second count for the waist and ankle ride would be expanded to include all situations in which the top wrestler grasps the bottom wrestler's ankle.
  • Weigh-in times across all competition types would be standardized to two hours or sooner before the start of competition. Currently, tournament weigh-ins are two hours or sooner, but dual meet weigh-ins are permitted only one hour or sooner before the start of competition.
  • Weight certification for all schools would be permitted to start Sept. 1.
  • The rule limiting facial hair to no longer than half an inch would be eliminated.
Eliminating the hand-touch takedown also was approved by the panel. Rules committee members think demonstrating control is an important component of college wrestling, so it made sense to eliminate the hand-touch takedown in favor of a single requirement for all takedowns.

To help balance the new takedown scoring rule, there also are new requirements for the top wrestler to work toward a near fall or pin. A 3-point near-fall scoring component was added.

Previously, officials could award 2 or 4 points for near falls. The rationale for the rule change includes giving wrestlers a chance to be more creative in attempting to earn points.

Video review
Panel members also approved a change to the coach's video review request.

The rule change provides the referee with the authority to confirm or overturn all calls or missed calls during a video review challenged sequence. For coach's challenges, the sequence is described as the time from the alleged error until the match is, or should have been, stopped by the referee.

Reactions: Peteras9144
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT