ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Well that’s pretty specific and certainly more recent than what I had heard so I’ll defer to you and take that as great news.
Having Princeton or Cornell on his list disadvantages Rutgers, at least from the parent's perspective. Sure, getting him would be a coup, and that would be great. However, I tend to think the kids blow smoke up the arses of the Rutgers coaches.

Hate to admit it. If I had a kid accepted at Princeton or Cornell, I would encourage Princeton or Cornell over Rutgers. Those schools would set my kid up better for life. Rutgers is a great school. It is just that these two schools are on a different level. I get the ag school reference for Cornell. We have criminal justice, labor studies, and communications.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Hate to admit it. If I had a kid accepted at Princeton or Cornell, I would encourage Princeton or Cornell over Rutgers. Those schools would set my kid up better for life. Rutgers is a great school. It is just that these two schools are on a different level. I get the ag school reference for Cornell. We have criminal justice, labor studies, and communications.
You don't have to hate admitting it; any sensible parent would do the same if able to afford it. I don't know what Princeton does about scholarships, but they have a very rich endowment. This from the web: "Finances. Princeton University's endowment of $37 billion (per 2021 figures) was ranked as the fourth largest endowment in the United States, and it had the greatest per-student endowment in the world at over $4.4 million per student".

Not really recruiting, but are any of IOWA's current wrestlers involved in the gambling issue?
I heard a rumor on the internet(so it must be true) that a few potential starters were part of investigation (including Nelson BRands)

Latest High School Flo Rankings as of June 22

No Ranked Recruits committed to the Class of 2023-2024

The Good News is the Class of 2024-2025

#14 @ 170lbs is Nate Blanchett (Cerchio a Delbarton junior is #7 and committed to Cornell)

#9 @ 160lbs is Conner Harer (Henckel a Blair sophomore is #2 - do we have a shot for him?)

#8 @ 138lbs is Alex Nini (highest ranked junior in our recruiting footprint)

We need to stay on these kids so they don't decommit before national signing day.

Flo's next ranking will likely be after Fargo and should exclude current seniors. Hope our recruits compete a Fargo and have a great showing. While it is likely that it will be 3 years before we see most of our 2024-2025 recruits starting, help is on the way.

• Haha
Reactions: mikemessner

#14 @ 170lbs is Nate Blanchett (Cerchio a Delbarton junior is #7 and committed to Cornell)

#9 @ 160lbs is Conner Harer (Henckel a Blair sophomore is #2 - do we have a shot for him?)

We need to stay on these kids so they don't decommit before national signing day.

Flo's next ranking will likely be after Fargo and should exclude current seniors. Hope our recruits compete a Fargo and have a great showing. While it is likely that it will be 3 years before we see most of our 2024-2025 recruits starting, help is on the way.
I think you're a year out too far. Those guys will be graduating in '24.

Willie Saylor-MatScouts does a much better job than Flo-Has Harer ranked 4th in his weight(152) and the number 12 recruit in the class of 2024. Has Nini ranked 16th at his weight and 63rd recruit and Blanchett at 79th recruit and 5th at 170.

3 top 100 recruits---need a few more in this class to make up for class of 2023

Willie Saylor-MatScouts does a much better job than Flo-Has Harer ranked 4th in his weight(152) and the number 12 recruit in the class of 2024. Has Nini ranked 16th at his weight and 63rd recruit and Blanchett at 79th recruit and 5th at 170.

3 top 100 recruits---need a few more in this class to make up for class of 2023
Which ranking publication has done a better job at predicting future success in college?

I think you're a year out too far. Those guys will be graduating in '24.
I wasn’t clear. Class of 2023-2024 is for kids entering college this September. Class of 2024-2025 is for kids entering college next September. As most freshman redshirt, it will be 3 years before most of the kids entering in September 2024 will be our starters.

I am not sure if Willie Saylor or Flo do a better job in ranking high school kids. I found that Flo has good content and has live coverage or videos of more matches. Also, I don’t have a subscription to Willie Saylor’s site. Maybe we should follow the site that is more favorable to us.

Which ranking publication has done a better job at predicting future success in college?
Willie Saylor used to do the rankings for Flo prior to him leaving a few years back. He does a much more thorough job and is way more in tune than the Flo team.

I wasn’t clear. Class of 2023-2024 is for kids entering college this September. Class of 2024-2025 is for kids entering college next September. As most freshman redshirt, it will be 3 years before most of the kids entering in September 2024 will be our starters.

I am not sure if Willie Saylor or Flo do a better job in ranking high school kids. I found that Flo has good content and has live coverage or videos of more matches. Also, I don’t have a subscription to Willie Saylor’s site. Maybe we should follow the site that is more favorable to us.
True you need a subscription. And he has Seniors removed from Rankings. I would not say he is more favorable to us at all. He has Harer higher(based on results he should be very high), Nini much lower and Blanchet about the same. I will try and find a ranker or any article that is more favorable to us and be sure to send you a DM for approval to post.

Reactions: KidDagger and SCNJ

Okay, thanks for clarifying. I consider classes to be high school graduation classes and college wrestling to be seasons. With that understanding, you're right that the incoming recruits are from an off-year. However, I'm curious about how those three will fit in. Hermes had a good high school career. Packer was less successful but looks like a strong, athletic kid. I'm thinking Zeleski is a depth guy. Are any of them at summer practices?

Looks like Lehigh hired Mikey Labriola to join their RTC and will train with their upper weight wrestlers. Was hoping he would join the SKWC. He was a 5 time All American at Nebraska. He would really help Turley, Soldano, and Poz. Also would have helped recruiting. The only credentialed guy the SKWC has is Rivera. Hopefully, Rivera is hired as our 4th assistant coach. He will attract high school kids.

Reactions: njsportsphan
That’s good to know. Glad we are trying. Why do you think that we have been unsuccessful getting a big man coach or a credential big man resident athlete?
What is the salary for these positions? I think that kind of transparency will help answer questions.

If it's 75k here and 60k for lvac for example, 60k goes way further in that area than 75k does in new bruns/central jersey.

Flowrestling final team rankings of incoming freshman is not good news. The top 26 teams are ranked and we didn't make the list. The top ten in order are: Oklahoma State, Michigan, Iowa, Cornell, Penn State, Ohio State, Va. Tech, Nebraska, Minnesota, and Princeton. We don't have even one kid in the top 100.

The better news is that we should have an exciting team this season with between 2 and 5 All Americans. Plus recruiting looks good for next year.

Flowrestling final team rankings of incoming freshman is not good news. The top 26 teams are ranked and we didn't make the list. The top ten in order are: Oklahoma State, Michigan, Iowa, Cornell, Penn State, Ohio State, Va. Tech, Nebraska, Minnesota, and Princeton. We don't have even one kid in the top 100.

The better news is that we should have an exciting team this season with between 2 and 5 All Americans. Plus recruiting looks good for next year.
We all know the incoming group isn’t one of the better groups overall in recent memory. How many more times do you want to remind us? I think this is the 8th or 9th time in the last month you’ve posted about it. We get it.

Does anyone know what future commits and targets will be wrestling at Fargo next week? As it is known as the most competitive tournament for high school kids, the results may be a good predictor of their future success.

Adrian Dejesus, Patrick OKeefe, Donny Almeyda, Collin Gaj, Jordan Chapman, and Hudson Skove are among the hundreds of entries. There are plenty more names that I probably missed but those names jumped out.

Bobby Duffy and Jayden James are registered at 16U

No paywall

Does anyone know what future commits and targets will be wrestling at Fargo next week? As it is known as the most competitive tournament for high school kids, the results may be a good predictor of their future success.
JR Freestyle 120 lbs - #1 Isaiah Cortez, California
JR Freestyle 120 lbs - #3 Leo DeLuca, New Jersey
JR Freestyle 120 lbs - #8 Gauge Botero, Pennsylvania
JR Freestyle 126 lbs - #11 Elijah Cortez, California
JR Freestyle 138 lbs - #10 Daniel Zepeda, California
JR Freestyle 170 lbs - #18 Adam Waters, Pennsylvania

Reactions: SKWC
Some good names on that list. I am a bit surprised not to see Jordon Chapman on there though. I’d figured he’d be high in our list.

Some good names on that list. I am a bit surprised not to see Jordon Chapman on there though. I’d figured he’d be high in our list.
That list of names was from FLo.
Here is a list from Willie Sailor. Rutgers is recruiting him.
#11-Jr. Anthony Evanitsky, PA
#12-Jr. Jordan Chapman, NJ - Fargo Cadet 4th, Cadet Trials 5th
#15-Ryan Burton, NJ - Fargo Cadet 3rd

Do we have any commits wrestling at Fargo?
As of today, Flo is reporting that none of our commits have registered. Hopefully, they register. They competition would be really helpful. Many of the country's top committed recruits are registered. This list of commits by college is on Flowrestling.

NJ is left with 6 wrestlers in today's Fargo Jr. semi-finals and 7 wrestlers in the blood rounds. The kids in the semi-finals are Schlett, Dellagatta and Burton of SJM, Deluca and Henkel of Blair, and Wasilewski of Delbarton. The 7 left in the blood round are Ognissanti and Lopes of Blair, Hilber of Bergen Cath. (but transferring to Wyoming Seminary), Skove of Rumson Fair Haven, Queen of SJV, Chapman of Cranford and Rhodes of Absegami.

Does anyone know which of these kids are we after? Imagine that some already have given a verbal commit.

NJ is left with 6 wrestlers in today's Fargo Jr. semi-finals and 7 wrestlers in the blood rounds. The kids in the semi-finals are Schlett, Dellagatta and Burton of SJM, Deluca and Henkel of Blair, and Wasilewski of Delbarton. The 7 left in the blood round are Ognissanti and Lopes of Blair, Hilber of Bergen Cath. (but transferring to Wyoming Seminary), Skove of Rumson Fair Haven, Queen of SJV, Chapman of Cranford and Rhodes of Absegami.

Does anyone know which of these kids are we after? Imagine that some already have given a verbal commit.
Do you know what time the semis start?

And if he does go there, which I’ve heard is very highly likely, that should be an interesting team to watch this year. I know Campangna is leaving SPF and going there too.

And if he does go there, which I’ve heard is very highly likely, that should be an interesting team to watch this year. I know Campangna is leaving SPF and going there too.
They lost a lot to graduation. Every starter from 144 moves up and they were already forfeiting an upperweight class. Even with those two studs coming in, it’s hard to fill 8 consecutive weight classes and replace 4 state placers and 2 additional state qualifiers in the process.

They still return Duffy, Venet, Falcone, and Nini so with those 2 transfers they’ll still be good but I don’t see them being better than their #7 state ranking last year.

They lost a lot to graduation. Every starter from 144 moves up and they were already forfeiting an upperweight class. Even with those two studs coming in, it’s hard to fill 8 consecutive weight classes and replace 4 state placers and 2 additional state qualifiers in the process.

They still return Duffy, Venet, Falcone, and Nini so with those 2 transfers they’ll still be good but I don’t see them being better than their #7 state ranking last year.
CBA will most likely always have a problem with the upper weights since they do not have Football.
They have two stud incoming frosh at 106 and 113 and one of them will be a title contender this year.

Reactions: TRU2RU

I’m not saying they are going to be better. But Let’s not forget the #1 ranked 106 pounder in the country.

But I should point out, I did also hear from someone on Cranford (after I posted) that Chapman leaving isn’t true, so take it with a grain of salt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT