ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

But I should point out, I did also hear from someone on Cranford (after I posted) that Chapman leaving isn’t true, so take it with a grain of salt.
Usually where there’s smoke there’s fire and the public school is typically the last to find out. Not saying for sure if it’s either way but just a reality of the current landscape of amateur athletics.

Reactions: Leonard23
Oh I heard about him. I think Jordan Pagano mentioned a few weeks ago that he’s the most talented wrestler he’s ever worked with. Guessing he’s an SKWC kid?
Yeah, close w the team. Pollard I believe as well. I used to help some practices at a club in central jersey and he came with his brother? And cousin? And all three were super tough as little kids.

Reactions: Leonard23
Usually where there’s smoke there’s fire and the public school is typically the last to find out. Not saying for sure if it’s either way but just a reality of the current landscape of amateur athletics.
Crazy these private schools will let anyone in, at any time, as long as the kid is legit athlete. Although that doesn’t happen at Blair or Delbarton. Once the admissions process is done, it’s done.

All of these kids - Duke, DeLuca, etc. - will come down to $$$.
Deluca from Blair any relation to eleazar Deluca that wrestled for us?? Heh I still remember how the place went wild when he pinned the Ohio state kid.

Got to wonder how the new additions to the Big 10 (USC, UCLA, OREGON and Washington) are going to affect the recruiting out west. FSU may also be on the move to BIg10. Do you think they'll end up having squads out there? This could literally reshape the entire landscape. A lot of big names could be moving on to coaching positions as well.

Got to wonder how the new additions to the Big 10 (USC, UCLA, OREGON and Washington) are going to affect the recruiting out west. FSU may also be on the move to BIg10. Do you think they'll end up having squads out there? This could literally reshape the entire landscape. A lot of big names could be moving on to coaching positions as well.
Considering none have D1 wrestling and only USC and UCLA have club wrestling, I'll go out on a limb and say no impact lol. I'd be surprised if any of the schools started a D1 wrestling program in the next 5 years, if ever, but maybe I'm wrong. Definitely can't imagine Washington or Oregon doing so in the next 10 years, as they're basically getting half of a rev share supposedly:

Oregon and Washington have reportedly agreed to terms that begin with them each receiving approximately half that number, around $30 million in year one. It has been reported that the number will grow to close to $40 million over the course of the next seven years when the Conference is scheduled to enter into a new TV contract. At that time both Oregon and Washington will begin to receive a full-share of Conference revenues.

Thus, over seven years, it appears each school will receive approximately $200 million less than fellow Big Ten universities. Quite a discount. Says a lot about the Pac-12's proposed economics.

Reactions: njsportsphan
Paul Kenny in finals of U17.

48 kg - Paul Kenny 3-0 (in gold medal match)​

Paul Kenny hasn't set foot in a high school classroom yet, but he's already proving himself on the world stage. After a tech, a 4-2 second-round match, a quarterfinal pin, and a razor-thin 8-8 semifinal victory, Kenny finds himself in the finals.

Qual - Paul Kenny (United States) VSU Oliwier Orzechowski (Poland), 11-0 1:16

R16 - Paul Kenny (United States) VPO1 Azymberdi Ashyrgulyyev (Turkmenistan), 4-2

Quarterfinal - Paul Kenny (United States) VFA Yeraly Zhetpissov (Kazakhstan), 6-2 3:38

Semifinal - Paul Kenny (United States) VPO1 Sam Sayar (Iran), 8-8

Saw Kenny is from Bayville , is he related to the Kenny’s that wrestled for central regional? I believe in the early /mid 2000s

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT