ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball RHJ declares for the 2022 NBA Draft

This is good to see. First step is acknowledging the problem.
He's going to have to make a significant impression to solidify that 2nd round projection.

Will be interesting to see if ge gets a Combine invite this year.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...projected-second-round-pick-declare-nba-draft

"The biggest thing NBA teams will see is I'm more athletic than a lot of people realize. I'm going to get my body in the best shape possible to help with that, including improving my eating habits."

He's going to have to make a significant impression to solidify that 2nd round projection.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...projected-second-round-pick-declare-nba-draft

"The biggest thing NBA teams will see is I'm more athletic than a lot of people realize. I'm going to get my body in the best shape possible to help with that, including improving my eating habits."
Luv the guy but what if he kept his body in the best shape possible his last couple years here? Sweet 16 last year and probably this year too...😕

Best of luck to RHJ, the dude did his thing her and deserves every opportunity that comes his way.

Luv the guy but what if he kept his body in the best shape possible his last couple years here? Sweet 16 last year and probably this year too...😕
Literally **** off. Kid poured his heart out for this team and was the only reason we made the tourney this year. Dropped 20+ with ridiculous clutch shooting against ND — he should be the last player anyone points their finger at for that loss

Literally **** off. Kid poured his heart out for this team and was the only reason we made the tourney this year. Dropped 20+ with ridiculous clutch shooting against ND — he should be the last player anyone points their finger at for that loss
Couldn’t agree any more than I do with this post. Though it wasn’t all him ( it always takes a team to win) he was outstanding for us. ND and most teams we played paid a whole lot of attention to RHJ and he was always unselfishly looking for others to step up. But when we needed big shots he stepped up and usually made them too!

Reactions: RUby RED and Kbee3
I think he has a decent chance at getting drafted and I bet could impress in the predraft process

If he can get down into the 225-230 weight range, I think he'd be a much more attractive NBA prospect. I wonder if he kept on the extra weight because he was expected to bang bodies so often against opposing PFs at Rutgers, rather than playing on the wing.

Man, even if Jones is advised to withdraw from the draft, it will be hard for him to rebuild his bridges with the fanbase without a good explanation of that thought process.

Why does he owe anyone an explanation? He like any college kid should do what they feel is best for him. If he comes back he owes me no explanation and will be supported just like any other player on the team, no reason any fan should feel burned by his actions.

Man, even if Jones is advised to withdraw from the draft, it will be hard for him to rebuild his bridges with the fanbase without a good explanation of that thought process.
I don't think that's true at all. If Jones ends up back here and hits a couple threes in the first game next year, nobody will remember or care that he declared for the draft.

He was in pretty great shape this year and last year he got injured pretty early in the season which clearly impacted him the rest of the way

It helps that he's young for a college senior. Myles Powell (to pick a random example) turned 23 around the time of the NBA draft his year (or at least when it was originally scheduled). Harper turns 21 in April.

If he can get down into the 225-230 weight range, I think he'd be a much more attractive NBA prospect. I wonder if he kept on the extra weight because he was expected to bang bodies so often against opposing PFs at Rutgers, rather than playing on the wing.
It was just babyfat that his body stores more easily than some other guys like Geo and Caleb, who are very lean. As he prepares for the draft and cleans up his diet he'll lean out. It's not like he's 320 lb Zion.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Could be the reason. That extra weight allowed him to bang and muscle guys in the paint.

I think when guys become full time players without the demands of school you normally see their bodies transform pretty quickly.

Reactions: rufancoe00
He was in pretty great shape this year and last year he got injured pretty early in the season which clearly impacted him the rest of the way
He wasn't in good shape probably due to a back injury that required stretching every half time when the team came out for warm ups.He also spent less time in pregame shooting.Harper was Rutgers best player and hope he has a successful professional career.It will be interesting to see where his brother plays in college.I will never forget his 3 point shot at mid court to defeat number 1 ranked Purdue.

Best of luck to a Rutgers Legend, as a big part of 3-straight NCAA-worthy teams. The man can score, defend, and rebound and is more athletic than many think and is capable of defending many guards and many forwards as he plays bigger than his size. And, of course, he hit some huge clutch shots for us. Don't think he's a star at the next level, but I don't see why he can't be a good contributor and eventually a starter for some team - a good potential "glue guy" like his father.

Reactions: Knight Shift
He wasn't in good shape probably due to a back injury that required stretching every half time when the team came out for warm ups.He also spent less time in pregame shooting.Harper was Rutgers best player and hope he has a successful professional career.It will be interesting to see where his brother plays in college.I will never forget his 3 point shot at mid court to defeat number 1 ranked Purdue.
We need to get Dylan to Rutgers

Celtics in Rd 2

perfect bench player for their system
It's funny you say that, I was looking through the NBA of who to comp Harper's body to and he comps pretty well to Grant Williams.

Grant was a pretty good college player and has had a nice start to his NBA career

Looking at their college careers, they were very similar in terms of production, Grant did a little more but he was also playing with much more talent around him. RHJ is the better shooter from 3 though

Reactions: knight_ru
I don't think that's true at all. If Jones ends up back here and hits a couple threes in the first game next year, nobody will remember or care that he declared for the draft.
Okay, I may have been overboard. But his dad is delusional if he thinks a 1st round draft pick is in the cards right now. If Jaden returns, I'd like to read/see something from Jaden along the lines of, "That's my dream and I'm going to work hard every day on improving to make it a reality."

Jones is never coming back to Rutgers. He is done. Draft or no draft, the writing was on the wall months ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT